1. Found a G1/G2/G3 Merch discussion in this area? Let us know so we can move it to the right forum - "Report" the thread to flag it to a member of staff.
  2. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Equestria Girls Chibi figures

Discussion in 'Friendship is Magic - Merch & Toys' started by Wonderbolt, 17 November 2015.

1. Wonderbolt

Wonderbolt Honorary Pony

Someone posted about these on another thread but now as the packaging has been revealed, its time for their own thread.
    Anyhow heres the packaging.
    [​IMG]
    All as I can say is hats off to Hasbro, they have finally done some nice packaging rather than the normal garish affair we often see.
    I suspect they may be aiming these at older collectors rather than just kids, so it looks as if Hasbro is beginning to understand its brony market and doing their own stuff rather than contracting stuff designed for older collectors to Funko and Welovefine.
    Really love the figures in their Chibi form, very cute.

#1 Wonderbolt, 17 November 2015
    Last edited: 17 November 2015
    Dax, Nekky, MCtoastie and 2 others like this.
  2. Irregular Apocalypse

Irregular Apocalypse Follo teh oranj hoers ...

I remember having a discussion about this with a couple of people at UKPonyCon, which happened to be just after these were first announced - we all agreed that this is probably what the EG figures should have looked like from the get-go.

Normally the whole chibi look doesn't do it for me, but I do like these ... and if a certain other music-oriented Equestria Girl shows up then I'll be all over that :p

DerpyWhooves likes this.
  3. Cendaquenta

Aw, they're cute! :D I suppose this is the answer to those Monster High vinyls that came out a wee while ago. Will probably pick some up, don't know if I'll want the whole set but Pinkie at least is quite an appealing figure - so happy looking!

4. DerpyWhooves

DerpyWhooves Rainbow Worrier

Really want these! Looking at them on Entertainment Earth, it's £30 for the set, which sounded good until I looked at the shipping, which would double the price. Plus customs charge of course. Will have to wait til they come to the UK.

I do like that they seem to be starting to aim things at older collectors. I hope they're sold in the same sorts of places as the current EqG dolls, such as TRU and supermarkets, rather than just geek shops though. Makes for more competitive pricing.

Wonderbolt likes this.
  5. Irregular Apocalypse

Since they appear to be Hasbro, rather than Funko/welovefine, I suspect that there's a better than usual chance that they'll end up in 'regular' shops over here.
    I've pretty much decided that I want them - they're the only EqG figures that really appeal to me.

If I could only get one then it'd be AJ 'cos she's the bass player :)

DerpyWhooves likes this.
  6. DerpyWhooves

That's what I'm thinking. Also, the Funko Pops are showing up in supermarkets too, so there's a higher likelihood that collectables like these will as well. I'd get Pinkie if I could get just one myself, but I want them all. Hopefully Sunset Shimmer and other characters *crosses hooves and eyes for Derpy with her saw* will be in later waves.

Like you say, they're more appealing than the usual EqG dolls. They actually look like the characters instead of funky-haired Barbies ;)

7. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Honorary Pony

Still noticing the lack of a particular somepony...

Nekky and DerpyWhooves like this.
  8. Irregular Apocalypse

A rather glaring omission it is, too.

Needs to look something like this:

[​IMG]

MCtoastie, Kemaiku and DerpyWhooves like this.
  9. DerpyWhooves

That's why I was saying I hope she's in the next wave. Arguably, she belongs more in the first wave than Twilight does because she's been at CHS longer, and is part of that Mane 6 while Twily is just a visitor, whether from another world or another school.

A longer-limbed version of that would be just right.

*wonders idly if short people are irl chibis*

10. Irregular Apocalypse

There are some good pics at the MLP Merch guide here along with some info on playsets in the same range, here (the Pinkie Pie set looks awesome - it has Gummy and Boneless too :) )

The figures are poseable, which is interesting.

DerpyWhooves likes this.
  11. DerpyWhooves

They're in a British store, yaaaaay! Pinkie has Gummy! Was thinking they should do one with Gummy, and they do! Also is that a taco (Tuesday) or a quesadilla (don't let Twilight see)? Not sure I'd want the rest of the set though, would rather have a cheaper one without the bed etc. Though the bed is nice. Love Rarity's set too - very glam. And Opal ^_^

They're selling them individually too?

[​IMG] [​IMG]

#12 DerpyWhooves, 30 November 2015
    Last edited: 30 November 2015
    MCtoastie likes this.
  12. Irregular Apocalypse

£6.99 each for the mini characters? Sold ... (x6)

Assuming they've been released by then, I feel a trip to the York branch of Smyths might be in order after Christmas.

Bexa164 and DerpyWhooves like this.
  13. Mane25

Mane25 Honorary Pony

Great, totally getting these. :D

DerpyWhooves and Bexa164 like this.
  14. DerpyWhooves

Husband made the mistake the other day of asking me what I want for Christmas. He may well get dragged to Smyths in a week's time. His face when he saw the Pinkie figure XD

MCtoastie likes this.
  15. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Honorary Pony

I checked my local Smyths on that page:
    No Home Delivery
    No Click and Collect
    Instore 7th to 14th Dec

Hmm, a walk next week then.

16. DerpyWhooves

I checked a few different locations on the listing for the individual figures and they all seem to say 7th to 14th Dec too (which is why I mentioned going in a week). The Pinkie set says the same and the Rarity/AJ sets say 14 Dec to 21 Dec.

17. Bronydiferous

Bronydiferous 'Diferous

Damn... No store in London and actually am away this weekend and walked past a Smyths.... No luck though but still only the 5th.... :-(

18. DerpyWhooves

Might they do delivery/Click & Collect once the figures are in stores?

I've changed my mind as to which figure I'd have if I could only have one - Fluttershy. I really like her mane hair!

19. Kemaiku

Kemaiku Honorary Pony

I'm getting all six before the chistmas shopping really starts. Not leaving it until next year.

DerpyWhooves likes this.