1. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Equestria Girls specials/shorts/series

Discussion in 'General My Little Pony Discussion' started by Loganberry, 22 February 2017.

1. Somerset Cider

Somerset Cider Old Pony

Just found this, a rather nice Sunset Shimmer song.....

Robshi and Candy Yunagi like this.
  2. CuldeeFell

CuldeeFell Ponies Rock

That was lovely and I hadn't seen it before. Thanks for sharing it.

3. Candy Yunagi

Candy Yunagi Wishes she could be a cat

As I've said before, I haven't been a massive fan of Equestria Girls music since about last year, but this is really nice. I hear most of them and think they have nice lyrics, but I couldn't really get into it, but I feel like this was the best song since Coinky-Dink World. Having said that, I do still feel like it would've been amazing in the older style, like My Past Is Not Today, but slower. Even so, I could see this song geniunely comforting me on a bad day.

4. Robshi

Robshi Young Dragon

These three finally make a return!

5. CuldeeFell

CuldeeFell Ponies Rock

Finally got around to watching "Sunset's Backstage Pass" this evening, donkey's years after I guess most people saw it.

It was really nice. Not something I'm likely to watch again in a hurry, but just a really nice 44 minutes. It's nice to get a Sunset Shimmer story that doesn't call back to her background as a reformed villain, and I have to admit I could sympathise with Sunset on the day she completely ignored Pinkie Pie. It was obviously a bit Groundhog Day (pretty sure the repeated pop song as Shimmer's alarm was a shout out to the film) but they did their own thing with it.

The return of the Dazzlings was a bit odd because, although I loved the bait and switch that they had nothing to do with anything, their presence in the film almost carries too much weight for the story around it. The return of the most formidable antagonists our heroes ever faced signals to the audience that things are about to get serious, and then it doesn't. It was honestly a little underwhelming, even though it made complete sense. The actual antagonists, K-lo and Su-z are left relatively unexplored but to be honest I'm not bothered about that. I'm glad most of the focus was on Sunset/ Pinkie Pie.

I don't have much else to say about this one in all honesty. It was just a sweet friendship story about Pinkie Pie and Sunset Shimmer.

6. Loganberry

Loganberry Element of Custard

Danishbrony2011 and Blissful690 like this.
  7. Robshi

Robshi Young Dragon

Wow, what a missed opportunity. This makes the decision to just can the series all the more baffling. Instead we got two seasons of Pony Life because toy sales. *Facehoof*

I noticed that someone in the comments on the Equestria Daily has started a petition to try and revive the special. I doubt much will come of it but I guess it can't hurt to try. Here's the link if anyone is interested: https://www.change.org/p/bo...

Danishbrony2011 and Blissful690 like this.
  8. CuldeeFell

CuldeeFell Ponies Rock

#ReleasetheConfaloneCut