1. Hey, Guest. You will require a character before you will be able to participate. You can apply for that by clicking here.
  2. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Other Equestria Travels.

Discussion in 'Main Roleplay' started by Blaze_Midnight, 21 November 2013.

1. Blaze_Midnight

Blaze_Midnight Isn't it great to be different?

Moonlight was shocked to hear what the grey mare had to say.

That's no way to talk to other ponies.

Standing in front of the stall, she saw how uneasy Romero looked after the grey mare had said what she did.

"Romero, it's ok. Take your time and serve the other ponies first if you want. I have all day."
    Moonlight looked around her to see where Cascade had disappeared to. A familiar squeak from nearby drew her attention away briefly and seeing Cascade trot towards her with a certain little dragon on her back brought a smile to her face.

Looking back towards Romero and how hard he was willing the water to boil brought an idea.

"Uh... c-coffee's done!"

"I don't suppose you take gems as payment as well as bits?"

Moonlight started to use her magic to rummage through her saddle bags. While she was doing this a squeak followed by some extra weight on her back startled her.

"FALLEN! You know better than to just jump onto my back when I'm using magic. You remember what happened last time."

She turned her head to look at the little dragon, who was cowering behind his wing and feeling sorry for itself.

"Awww don't do that. You know that makes me feel guilty for shouting at you."

While Moonlight was at the stall, Cascade approached the grey mare. Hearing what was said didn't sit right and she felt something was amiss about it.

"Erm. Excuse me miss, but I overheard what you said to the ponies waiting to be served, and your last comment of wanting everypony to act like you're not here and that you feel weird.
    I don't suppose you'd would want to explain why it makes you feel weird that you've just made yourself the centre of attention, made the vendor here uneasy, had the berry vendor there have to respond like they did and want the ponies to pretend that you aren't here?"

2. Aethelberdia

Aethelberdia Returning Pony

"Me? I thought the usual custom at a market was to get best price, not be polite about it. Everyone here is all 'friendship this, friendship that', though, and thinks something small like that is some huge commotion. Before you begin your verbal assault, listen. In most places, somebody goes up to a shopkeeper, says what they want, and pays. The last shop I went to did that fine." Said Ember pointing to a shop full of survival supplies. "However, the entire mentality of the town is based towards mindless happiness and idle chatter. They even think the monarchs raise the celestial bodies into their positions. What makes me feel weird is how, just by asking for coffee mid self-serving lecture, I become anathema. For one trivial thing. In most countries that would get the vendors attention, not reduce them to a nervous wreck. I just hope this mindset isn't natural, because if it is I'm outta here."
    Ember paused, considering her next sentence.
    "And also, if I told you why I want to stay low you'd lock me in an asylum."

3. Blaze_Midnight

Bit of a lecture below. my mind decided to wander and I ended up with this. I'm sorry XD

"Yes getting the best price on things you need is important. But going about it harsh isn't a good thing. So what if the ponies here believe that friendship is a good thing, I haven't seen anything bad come of it. Seeing it as a big thing isn't a bad thing either, if you go about things with a negative thought and just go to make enemies then you won't get anywhere."

Cascade thought a moment and looked towards Moonlight.

"At the front of this line is a friend of mine and she's traveled many miles to come and visit her brother. On her travels she has probably met quite a few ponies who have you sort of mood and more besides. The stalls owner has possibly seen similar aswell given that he also isn't from around here. He tries his best to just make a living, and if he makes some friends along the way then it can't be all bad. Friends can really make a dull day better and that is why these ponies probably see friendship as big a thing as they do. The reason he acted the way he did is possibly because, in all his time coming here, he has never had somepony have that sort of response towards him. He might expect less hostility from potential customers."

Looking around the market Cascade saw many ponies cheerfully talking with each other. Many salesponies around the market were talking with their customers as if they saw them regularly.

"And interms of the ponies beliefs in Princesses Celestia and Luna and what they do is no massive concern of my own. I don't follow the main Princesses of Equestria but I see them as friends as I have met them before and it was a pleasure to talk with them. But the truth is I don't have to follow their rules for their Kingdom. No dragon does,"

Cascade's pendant began to glow and she was soon back to her normal dragon self.

"From the smallest like the little one over there to myself and larger. But we respect what they can do and have done for Equestria in the past, with characters like Discord and the many other threats that have caused problems over the centuries. But things like past incidents like one of the more recent ones where the sun and moon were both up together. Darkness and the moon on oneside of the sky and the sun and daylight the other kinda makes you think."

Cascade looked up at the sky, closed her eyes and enjoyed the warmth of the sun as it warmed her scales. She looked back towards Ember.

"I'm sorry for the long lecture about all this, but I felt like I needed to speak my mind. Sorry also for my changing while speaking and if that surprised you. I just wanted to pass a point across a little stonger than just speaking."

Cascade tilted her head in respect to the grey mare.

"Interms of you wanting to stay low, that's fine but remember that making at least one friend can change how you see your future and can bring you out of the shadows."

Cascade turned and began to walk back towards Moonlight.

Well that was an interesting way to start the day. Now lets see what the rest of the day holds for everypony.

4. Aethelberdia

Well, that did it. Some random dragon harping on about friendship? This town was dead. So buried in the meanderings of life it was still in the stone age. Except, of course, for the more... shadowy parts of town. Everyone nearby was talking, without a care in the world. This wasn't where Ember wanted to be. Ember was at home in a city where one had to fight of muggers every day. However, it seemed to most ponies that the town of Ponyville was all roses and far nicer than said cities. Not the case. A small section of town was the base of most morally ambiguous happenings in town. Not to mention the thieves guild, but she'd been sworn to secrecy on that account. Anyway, Ember had had it. She was taking a group of ponies out, into the wild, to make money, make contacts and to get some form of excitement. Preferably involving lots of hunting and being attacked by beasts.
    Right. To the underworld it was, then. Passing the coffee stand, she said, "Sorry for the bother" and threw the vendor a tip of 40 bits. Ember had far more money than that anyway, and at least he hadn't attacked her.
    Now, time for some excitement.

5. Rare80

Rare80 His Rareness

By the time the political lectures, fussing, arguing, and ranting had ended; it was apparent to everypony around that all of it had achieved little to nothing. One thing it did do however, was effectively scare off all of his potential customers. All that remained was Moonlight, her friend, the grey mare, and the other coffee pony who had lingered away a little from the stand. The grey mare had said many offensive things in his direction. So, when the grey mare left and threw the bags of 40 bits at him he took it more as an act of pity rather that an act of kindness. He was unsure if the grey mare could even spell the word "kind". What's worse is, with the crowd he had earlier, he could've made 100 bits easy. If it's anything that gets on Romero's nerves -- it losing bits.

Frustrated, Romero let out a short, but loud, scream. He then clamped his eye lids shut, and bit his tongue. He tried to prevent any foul remarks from coming out of his mouth. 'She lumped me in with the Equestrians. How I hate that! I didn't travel thousands of miles to a foreign land, and go through a whole lot of bull, just to be called something I'm not. I get enough of that at home! I came here to make bits, not friends. I have friends I love back in Riversdale. Why would I leave them? Not to put up with stuck up fools like that, that's for sure. She needs to go back to wherever the hay she's from, and stay there!' "I'm done." Romero said calmly.

He picked up his sign and threw it into his carriage. He then took the already made coffee and sat it on a flat surface it front of him. "It's free. Split it two ways, three ways, take some home wit' 'cha... I don't care." Romero let his Riversdale accent go now. It's not like he'll be making anymore sales in Ponyville anyhow. He got into his carriage, and slammed the doors shut. Ticked off, he sat there in silence not wanting to be disturbed.

6. Mista Squishy

Mista Squishy (ThatSquishyGuy)

"Fair enough." Night Orb said to himself as the dark mare trotted off in a rush.

As Night Orb and Timmy traveled down towards the markets night orb could smell a delicious and strong aroma of coffee in the air
    "i could really do with that coffee." he thought,
    "C'mon Timmy, it looks as though we're in luck, there's a master coffee blender in town." Night Orb picked up the pace and Timmy swiftly followed
    "I wish they had more decent coffee merchants in Canterlot, i always need a good brew up there."

As they approached the market Night Orb put his nose to use and sniffed out where the coffee stand was, sure enough he found it but nopony was behind the stall, "Damn, why do i always miss the bucking coffee stands!" Niight orb looked around and thought to ask where a Carpenter's workshop was, as the coffee stall was closed.
    As he scanned the vicinity of the area he noticed a dark scaled female dragon nearby and a smaller blue one on top of a pony's back,

"What in Luna's name are dragons doing in ponyville... it's PONYville for a reason." Orb thought to himself.

"hop on Timmy." He said to his wooden friend, and the wolf did as he said without a fuss, hopping onto Night Orb's back once again,
    "let's see why they're here." with those words Timmy whined and cowered at the stallion's words, "oh, stop it, just because they breath fire doesn't mean they'll burn you." The large Timber Wolf curled up in fear on Night Orb's back as he trotted towards them.

7. Blaze_Midnight

Moonlight looked towards Romero's carriage feeling a bit down, Cascade trotted up besides her.

"Seems like things got to him. I don't get why some ponies try to make things so difficult for each other."

Moonlight trotted up to the door of the carriage and tapped a hoof on the door.

"Excuse me Romero, I never paid you for the coffee you were making. I'm sorry for how things have gone for you and I think it's only fair to pay you what I feel I owe you."

Using her magic, Moonlight levitated a bag out of her saddle bag. Opening it up, she then lifted a small bit bag containing 100 bits and put that into the bag. After that she pulled out 3 decent sized emeralds and placed them in the bag aswell. Thinking for a moment, she remembered a spell she had learned from her father.

"Fallen I don't suppose you could do me a favour?"

Looking at her confused Fallen squeaked and smiled, jumping onto her head as Moonlight started to create an orb with her magic.

"Breath some fire into this for me please."

Cascade watched as the little dragon filled the orb.

He's pretty advanced for such a little guy. Took me quite a while to get that far

"Thank you Fallen."

Sealing the orb closed and lowering it to the ground, she then pulled out some parchment and a quill and wrote a note to attach to the gift she had created.

Dear Romero,

Just though I'd give you a gift as a thank you for the coffee and for your great customer service. This is a heat orb, I saw you having issues with getting the water to boil and thought this would be something you could use. It's safe for you to touch and can have the shape altered to make it useful for all sorts of things, just place what you want to warm up on it and it'll flatten into shape. It'll only heat up when something is put on it and cools off instantly once it's removed then will go back to it's original shape.

Thanks again

Moonlight and Fallen.

P.S. It's also good for lighting.

Moonlight placed the orb into another bag and then used her magic to attach the bags to the door.

"Moonlight. What was that all about?"

Cascade was slightly amused by what she had just done and thought it was sweet.

"I just felt like he could use something to brighten up his day a little. Now what do you...."

Moonlight turned around and saw a black and red dragon stood starting at her.

"Moonlight. Are you ok?"

Cascade noticed the mare seemed a little in shock.

"Cas.. Cascade?"

Slowly moving forward she couldn't believe what she was seeing. Instead of the red and black mare that she had started the day with, there was now a red and black dragon.

"*Chuckle* yea it's me."

"But how? When?.... I'm confused."

"I'll tell you all about it later when we go for some food."

Still surprised about what she was seeing, she composed herself and walked towards the coffee that Romero had left.

"I... I guess we don't want to let this go to waste. I don't think Romero would be too happy with it being tipped away."

8. Aethelberdia

Zacharias Rune was sat nearby, the sunlight streaming through the gaps in his makeshift shelter and hitting him full in the face. He'd been sat for about an hour now, Sonata idly reading beside him, getting no customers. But then, that was to be expected. Getting customers somewhere like Ponyville was down to chance, and chance was a fickle beast and there was always somepony trying to cheat. In this case the rains sweeping Western Equestria were cheating; his regular suppliers of harrow grass and moonwort were being held up. As such he was without two major brewing ingredients, narrowing what he could come up with to a small selection of potions nopony would need in everyday situations.

Zach had seen the drama at the coffee stand: it did not please him. That idiotic flame-haired mare was driving away customers, a dragon was walking about and now the stall's owner was being a coward and hiding away. "Sonata? The coffee there is going free; get as much as seems polite and then come back."
    Sonata muttered something about slave labour and the unicorn made her way to the stall. Coffee was expensive, and the coffee salesman, idiot that he was, was just giving it away. The day was fine, nothing was happening, and now he could sit back and know he'd made a profit without even selling. Things were going well.

9. Rare80

Rare80 His Rareness

Romero sat there in his carriage steaming mad. All kind of angry thoughts swirled around in his head about the grey mare, his lost customers, the blue inspection mare, and the large cost of vending in Equestria. He was close to coming to the conclusion that coming to Equestria just wasn't worth it any more when he heard a light tapping on his carriage door. He ignored it as first, but then decided to be polite and answer on the off-chance that somepony actually still wanted his coffee. He opened the door to find Moonlight and some red dragon drinking the coffee he had put out. There was a bag and a note that hung on his door. Romero took them both, and went inside.

Romero read the note first. He was grateful for the gift Moonlight had left him. However, when he opened the bag he was shocked to find a bag full of bits staring back at him. 'Oh my gosh! There must be al least 80 bits in here!' Romero closed the bag and shook his head. Then, he looked back in the bag just to be sure that what he saw was real. It was. Romero sat the bag on a small counter top inside the carriage. He then opened the door and rushed out to Moonlight. He spoke up quickly. "Listen, I'm grateful and all... really, REALLY grateful. But, uh... I can't let you give me that much money without giving you what I think I owe you. Just come look around in my carriage and take six quarter bags of whatever you want. Please, I insist." Romero put his hoof on his heart. He hoped he sounded as sincere and he felt.

#29 Rare80, 16 May 2014
    Last edited: 16 May 2014
  10. Blaze_Midnight

Shocked as Romero darted towards them, Cascade and Moonlight both looked towards each other as the stallion finished speaking. Nodding to each other Moonlight turned to face him.

"Don't worry about the amount I gave you."

A smile spread across Moonlights face.

"I just felt that, given the hassle you went through not long ago you'd like some cheering up. I'm sure a certain pink pony I passed on the way into Ponyville would also agree, that everypony deserves something to make them smile every once in a while."

A chirp came from Fallen.

"Fallen seems to agree aswell."

Cascade walked to Moonlights side and whispered something in her ear.

"Hmmm that could work. Hey Romero, I'm planning on heading back across Equestria soon. Don't suppose you'd want to join myself, Cascade and Fallen and possibly my brother? Of course if you have any friends nearby, or if you know anypony else who you might know as a customer or something. Feel free to ask them to come along."

11. Aethelberdia

Zach was next to them in an instant. If traveling was going on, he was there. Instantly. For the money. And the adventure. Nonetheless, he was there.
    "Hey! I heard something about traveling, and I have no schedule whatsoever so I'm fine with going and I can make it worth your while and I kinda need to get out and about and and and" Zach took a breath to continue but Sonata cut him off. "What Zach here is trying to say, my friends, is that he would like to accompany you on your travels, because he feels like it today and has no schedule and is a bit of a-"
    Zach shut her down with a withering glare. It was best not to let Sonata get started on talking otherwise she might never stop.
    "Yes. Precisely. And as I said, if you so desire, I'll give you all a section of any profits I make. The more salesponies in a place, the better.".
    Zach suddenly realised just how ridiculous a random salesperson showing up during a conversation was. Especially a very tall, deep-voiced salesperson. Ah well, at least he wasn't holding a knife.

12. Eiro

Eiro Cutie Cuddly Wuddly Huggily Princess

after finally freeing her wings of her friends groceries Eiro decided to head back to town for the day seeing as there was a few familiar faces in town, deciding on what her plan was for the day she first headed over towards the restaurant to grab some food for lunch making it a quick stop she bought and quickly ate her sandwich not wanting to hang around to long before trotting back to th market making her way to say hi to Romero "now were did he set up his carriage again" Eiro said tapping her chin with her hoof before seeing the same pony that knocked her down in the morning seemingly pestering other vending ponies "i remember now" she said blowing raspberry's at the snooty pony as she walked away "i better get a move on" she said, before turning and quickly flapping her wings as she began flying above the busy crowds towards the correct street.

13. Rare80

Rare80 His Rareness

"Well... It all depends on where you all going next. I was planning on stayin' da night here, and goin' on to Canterlot tomorrow. I already got ma train tickets and everythin'." Canterlot was always a cash cow. He figured if he made even a modest amount there, he'd have enough money to not only go home happy, but even enjoy his vacation a little. Romero stuck out his tongue and crunched the numbers in his head. So, about 50 bits would be a fair amount. I still got most of my cargo. I could get 200 bits if sales are really good. It was hard to be pessimistic about this, even with somepony as worrysome as Romero. Romero looked back at Moonlight and her friend. "I guess it's your call."

#33 Rare80, 5 August 2014
    Last edited: 5 August 2014
  14. Blaze_Midnight

"Hmmm. A trip to Canterlot could be fun. Could also be a way of getting some other supplies together that we can't get around here."

Moonlight turned to the rest of the ponies gathered around.

"What do you all think about that idea?"