1. Hey, Guest. You will require a character before you will be able to participate. You can apply for that by clicking here.
  2. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Other Expedition Day

Discussion in 'Main Roleplay' started by CottonOrange, 20 August 2012.

1. CottonOrange

CottonOrange Karaoke King

It had been a long time coming, but the expedition to the Aqua Caves was finally here! Scamper grinned as he looked at the ponies who were ready to join him on his quest. "May i please have everypony's names?" Scamper called out. There was a light breeze in the air and the sun shone down through some holes in the cloud layer. Not that the weather would matter anyway...everyone would be in a cave!​
    The golden yellow pony stood on a small pedestal in front of his quaint house just opposite the park. He had donned his trademark archaeologist's hat and his very dapper monocle. A large pile of equipment such as rope, torches, food etc. lay in a very organised pile next to him.​
    A few weeks ago, Scamper had posted a flyer around town, something along the lines of:​
    [​IMG]
    He had hoped a good number of ponies would turn up, and had certainly got that.​
    All that remained was the kit hoof-out and the name checklist, and they would be set to leave.​

2. Meulin

Meulin Relentless Harbinger of Animu Spam

Tanith consulted her map. She was definitely in the right place. After all, most homes don't have an arrangement of tools and rope outside. She trotted closer, and sighed. She decided to take a quick break. The trip from Whitetail to Ponyville can be strenuous for an unathletic mare to walk on her own.
    Tanith sat behind a rock, grumbling to herself. "I know exercise is good for me. Come on, Tanith. Let's do this.... Fnyeh." She rolled out from behind the boulder, and sauntered up to the sandy pony, an artificial grin plastered on her pink face. The general merriment of the day didn't do much to her mood, which only soured as the birds chirped and the sun shone.
    "I'm going to take a wild guess and say this is the expedition to the caves. I think I sent a courier squirrel to you about it." She contorted her face into a wider grin, and proffered a hoof to the stallion.
    "The name's Tanith. Tanith Skips. I'm the weird mare who sings and plays the ukulele around town."

3. CottonOrange

Scamper smiled at the pink pony, and shook her hoof. "Good day Miss Skips. My name is Scamper. It is a true pleasure that you are joining us today." He adjusted his monocle, and wrote her name on the small clipboard he carried. Scamper gestured to the various items beside him with a golden yellow hoof. "If you would take one of each item and stand over there by the tree, that would be splendid!" He tipped his hat to Tanith and turned his attention to the rest of the ponies.

4. CottonOrange

The items that were laid out are: Rope, torches, a satchel of high energy snacks, a paper archaeologist's hat, a sleeping bag and a few tents.

5. Derpadar

Derpadar Blitzkrieg is best invasion tactic.

"Wait!...WAIT!" shouted Electron as he sprinted through the park, He had yet again arrived late at an event, which didn't surprise him much as he spent too much time daydreaming about either finding treasure or being devoured by a giant squid. He groaned as he gave up and collapsed next to the golden pony, "Am I... am I too late?" he managed to blurt out in his exhaustion.

6. CottonOrange

Scamper chuckled, and offered a hoof to the exhausted pony. "No, no my dear fellow! We have all the time to spare! Now if i may inquire, your name good sir?" Scamper held the clipboard, awaiting the pony's response.

7. Arualsti

Arualsti ah-roo-al-stee

Starfall flapped her little charcoal wings hard. She had been planning to go on this expedition for weeks, but a last minute case had kept her up all night. This was it! A chance for real mysteries! Not quite like those in her Miss Mareple books, but still plenty for her to sleuth out. And going with a team, she hoped, meant that she would be safe from too much danger. Caught up in her daydream she didn't notice the ever approaching white stallion ahead of her. Too Late! She flew head first into the rump of the pony, launching them both into the house.

8. Derpadar

"Oh, I'm really sorry" Electron managed to finally catch his breath and replied "Dawn Springwaters, but just call me Electron, everyone does." With that, he preceded to group up with all the other ponies, hoping he didn't miss anything vital. "Yet again, terribly sorry about this." the young unicorn replied before he could finally relax but no sooner as he had seen the incoming pegasus charging towards him, all he could do was give a little yelp before bracing for impact.

9. Meulin

Tanith plodded over to the line of tools, picking up a medley of them and stuffing them in her ukulele case. She trotted to the tree, as directed, and took out her ukulele from the now-cramped case. She began to tune it, as the twangs resonated through the branches. She mused to herself.
    "Scamper, huh? Name sounds familiar."
    A frown appeared on her face as she noticed a chip in the blue paint coating her tiny guitar. She shuffled onto the ground, and took out a pot of hoof varnish from the ukulele case. With a neat stroke, the chip was covered. She continued to tune her guitar.

10. CottonOrange

Scamper nodded at the white pony with a friendly smile, just before the pegasus pony crashed into him. Scamper ducked as the two flew over head and stared with large eyes. "My word....I say! Are you chaps alright?" Scamper called, trotting over helping the two up. He turned to the pegasus with a grin. "I do say, perhaps one should focus more next time, hm?"

11. Arualsti

Arualsti ah-roo-al-stee

Starfall clambered up, embarrassed, helping the white unicorn stand too 'S-sorry about that' she said quietly. 'The name's Starfall' She hoped her dramatic entrance hadn't cost her chance to come on the expedition. What good is a pegasus who doesn't even look where she is going?

12. CottonOrange

Scamper chuckled, writing down the two ponies names with a grin. He tipped his hat to the two before holding out his hoof . "A pleasure that you could join us. My name is Scamper. If you could take one of each piece of equipment from the pile over there, then stand by that tree that would be spiffing!" Scamper gestured to the various expedition equipment (See above posts.) that lay just next to where he was standing before the crash.

13. Arualsti

Arualsti ah-roo-al-stee

Starfall took her supplies and tested the weight. She would still be able to fly, but not nearly as far or fast. She donned her hat and began to arrange the equipment in her saddlebags. She was ready.

14. Meulin

Tanith glanced up from her ukulele, her ginger, ponytailed hair swinging. She saw the new arrivals, murmured something indistinguishable, then went back to tuning her tiny blue guitar. The looming expedition squeezed a small "Fnyeh." out of her, and she hugged her ukulele. A passing thought flickered across the chaos that was her mind, asking her why on Equestria she would bring a musical instrument to a spelunking expedition. She dismissed the thought, and gave her ukulele a quick strum.

15. Derpadar

Electron quickly recuperated and stood up, it didn't seem like anything was hurt too badly, he turned up and looked at the pegasus and quickly replied "Don't worry about it, daydreaming is half the reason I only just made it here, anyway, we got off to a bad start. Hello! my name's Electron, I think I have heard about you somewhere, your that detective. Aren't you? Star-something? I presume?" While speaking he was preparing himself for the long journey. He was hoping it would be fun.

16. CottonOrange

Scamper stepped back on to the pedestal, clipboard still in hoof. "Alright then...who's next please?"

17. CottonOrange

With the last few ponies signed up, Scamper put away his clipboard in his saddlebags, and gathered the correct equipment. He studied his map carefully, and pulled out a compass. He mumbled a few things to himself as he positioned the compass around the old map. Soon, a smile appeared on his face and Scamper put away the map. "Ok everypony! Listen if you please!" Scamper called out, raising his golden figure so as to gain everyone's attention.

18. Meulin

Tanith looked up from her ukulele, and groaned. She listened to the stallion as she packed it away. An errant hair escaped the ponytail, and she dropped her case with a thud as she attempted to fix it.

19. CottonOrange

"Through careful planning, and study of the map, our travel time to the caves will take at least 1 day. This of course means a lot of walking or flying so make sure to keep you energy high with snacks, and water. When we arrive at the caves, we shall set up camp for the night." Scamper points to a small red X on his map and begins his explanation. "You may be wondering, 'Why are we going to these caves?' Well there is a reason!." Scamper pauses for affect with a sly grin. "It is rumored there is an ancient treasure located in a cave system in Equestria. I believe this may be the cave we are looking for. Through inspection of old texts, i have found..." Scamper rambled on....and on...and on...oh dear...

20. CottonOrange

"Well then, if we are all ready...let us be off!" Scamper hopped off the pedestal and trotted off through the town towards the west road out of Ponyville. "Come on everyone! Keep up!" He yelled cheerily. The equipment was piled up in the pony's saddlebags however he didn't seem to be affected. The sun continued to beam down and the cloud layer had cleared slightly.

The road leading out of Ponyville is well shaded by various verdant trees. The track was sandy with a few pine cones and pebbles strewn about. A gentle stream ran through the cool forest to the left and the sound of birds twittering could be heard in the trees. A small smile was on the golden pony's face, as the group trotted through the forest path.