1. Hey, Guest. You will require a character before you will be able to participate. You can apply for that by clicking here.
  2. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Other Expedition Day

Discussion in 'Main Roleplay' started by CottonOrange, 20 August 2012.

1. Pon4

Pon4 Unloved by Al

I changed the pre-fix to "Other." If you plan to have this take place anywhere in Ponyville, Cloudsdale, Canterlot or Everfree I'll change it.

2. Antadurunnu

Antadurunnu Is covered in green stuff and plastic shavings.

Safeguard was horribly late after spending the night catching up with an old friend. The poster and hint that Ponyville had an adventours streak was too good to miss out on. Approaching the house he found nopony here, but it wasn't hard to follow the hoof prints leading out of town. The stallion wore his complete armor dispite the weather, covering it all with a dark green woolen cloak. His saddle bags contained supplies and his sword and mace while sheild lay across his back strapped on. It wouldn't take long for him to find the group of which he had to look twice at "Miss Starfall...?" mumbling to himself in confusion. Regardless he contined to trail bethind them.

((sorry about spelling and short text. On my phone atm, cant get to pc))

3. CottonOrange

CottonOrange Karaoke King

After many hours of walking down the sandy track, the group had arrived at a small river. The air was clean and warm, perfect for walking. The treeline remained, casting a continued shade over the group. A small sandy bank lay near the base of the river, just to the left of a quaint wooden bridge leading across the river. The cool, clear water flowed gently past them, with a small waterfall just upstream. Through the water a few brightly colored fish could be seen, playfully swimming around one another. The general sounds on the forest could be heard. Birds chirping, the gentle splash of the water fall, a few crickets....

"This seems like a perfect place to stop for a break, wouldn't you agree?" Scamper said cheerfully, trotting down to the sandy bank and laying down his saddlebags. He unpacked his snack bag, and began munching on a shiny red apple.

4. Solunar

Solunar Cube Master

Dawn Wave could hear a group approaching from afar. He often ventured out on his own to new places to remind himself of home. This time, he was following the river in hope that it would lead to the coast. He was wary of ponies, and he was much solitary, the approach of the group caused him to immediately lose interest in the river he was previously studying; he dived behind a bush to watch.

"What was the likelihood that other ponies would be here?" He asked himself.

5. Derpadar

Derpadar Blitzkrieg is best invasion tactic.

Electron was delighted to finally have a rest after what seemed like days of walking. He preceded to sit with the rest of the group and feasted on whatever edible thing his bag contained. Soon he simply laid down and took in the amazing scenery, "Simply beautiful" he thought. He never got a chance like this any more, he was now just spending most of his time reading through textbook after textbook. Minutes later he seemed to notice a cloaked figure that merged into the group, he didn't let himself worry about it too much though, "Somebody probably just got cold" he thought to himself, seconds later he could swear he heard a sound from the bushes but that was either his growing paranoia or a squirrel, he then concentrated on the task, trudged up to the expedition master and quietly asked "So.... anything else you know about this place were going to?"

6. CottonOrange

Scamper looked up from studying the old map and smiled at the unicorn. His movements were fairly slow, due to fatigue from hours of walking. "Well my dear fellow." Although he was tired, he still spoke with great enthusiasm and a friendly tone. "If my map serves us correctly, it appears these caves are located on the shoreline of the West coast. After some careful study and research it is clear that some of the cave chambers will most likely be flooded. Other than that old chap, much of the caves are still a mystery." He adjusted his monocle, and took out a medium sized flask. The flask was brilliant silver that shone in the sunlight that leaked through the forest canopy.

Scamper unscrewed the top which also served as a makeshift mug. He began to pour some of the contents into the mug, then raised it, calling out to the rest of the group, and anyone that happened to be listening... "I say! Would anypony care for a spot of tea? Piping hot wouldn't you know!" He gently blew of the hot brew and took a small sip. The taste was refreshing and slightly sweet, certainly helping to perk up the exhausted earth pony. "Smashing!"

7. Derpadar

"Ah, well at least if we don't find any treasure we can be famous cartographers." The young unicorn chuckled as he helped himself to a flask of tea, He wanted to study the two oddities that he saw earlier but that was mostly just his hyperactive imagination talking. He calmed himself down and returned to studying the peaceful scenery.

8. CottonOrange

Scamper chuckled and nodded in agreement. He lay down on the sandy bank and stared into the clear water as it gently flowed past. He yawned, hoof him front of his mouth. "Excuse me..." He said a little wearily. He cloesd his eyes briefly with a relaxed smile, taking in the ambient sounds of the surrounding forest. "Ahh... so peaceful..." He thought as he lay on the warm silky sand.

9. Antadurunnu

The stallion wouldn't pause or freeze if looked at while following the group. He just acted normally and carried on trailing them. Once they stopped by the river he wandered off the path towards the waterfall. The only thing he'd use his magic to remove was the sheild from his back, the rest was taken off by hoof. All his kit was piled by the waterside apart from his sword that remained with him. Any thing or anyone daft enough to try and steal his stuff would be met with a very unhappy unicorn. Once completely unarmored he removed his hair bands and trotted into the waterfall to cool down. He could still see the group and curiously a moving shrubbery. Sword picked up he slowly approached the bush, if a beasty was preying on the group he'd scare it off.

10. Solunar

Solunar Cube Master

Dawn was about to pass on until he heard the mention of the West Coast. The truth was, in his search for the sea, he became lost; perhaps he could trail this group.

Dawn was hungry, he lost his equipment some time before and has had to forage for the last few days. The mention of food from the group captivated him, he looked over at them but the light shining off the tea-flask blinded him; he fell backwards after an attempt to shield his eyes. Startled, he yelped. Noticed that he most likely lost his position, he scrambled to his feet and attempted to flee.

11. CottonOrange

Eyes still softly closed, Scamper grinned. In a voice audible enough to reach the waterfall and the surrounding are, he called out. "I must add, if you wish to join the expedition, i must take your names. It's rather unsettling having somepony you don't know following you..." He sat up to look at the once hooded pony and the yelping bush. "Wouldn't you two agree?" He grinned, rather smugly, impressed with his deductions.

12. Antadurunnu

Safeguard kept himself and his sword low as he approached the bush until it yelped! Ears rotated forward and alert as he saw it was a pony attempting to flee. Sword was stabbed into the soil as it was unneeded and the stallion set off after the pony. He had heard the orange leader pony but ignored him for the time being, more interested in the spy.
    If they took off into the air he'd be stuffed but for the time they remained on the ground he still had a chance. In his head he cursed himself for leaving his rope with the rest of his equipment.

13. Solunar

Solunar Cube Master

Dawn could hear a pony giving chase to him. It surprised him it was coming from a direction not in that of the main group. From the sound of the hooves, it was a fairly large, muscular stallion. The way the air circled behind Dawn's ears indicated he was also just a few paces behind. The years growing up surfing enabled him to locate bodies in the water such as rocks or debris; running through the flora was no different it seemed.

He looked up, he had entered a thick canopy of trees; too thick to take off. He wasn't the strongest, nor the fastest of fliers. He used his wings on the water to control his direction and give him speed. He was however, extremely agile. He continued running, but with a sideways strafing movement in hope to confuse the larger pony.

14. Antadurunnu

It was still relatively light, or at lest light enough for Safeguard to see the yellow pony he was chasing. The strafing however didn't help as the unicorn wasn't as quick as his target. Built for strength rather then speed the gap quickly widened between them. Not wanting to tire himself unnecessarily he gave up the chase and watched them until a tree blocked his view, at lest it wasn't a creature preying on the group. ''Odd..'' Huffing the stallion turned back and trotted towards the group. Once within sight he slowed right down and stood a few meters away from every other pony. Bowing down he finally spoke up in his strongly accented voice '' Apologies, I did not mean to appear unfriendly. I missed the gathering at Ponyville. Regardless I am Safeguard and wish to provide my services.'' he announced while keeping his head lowered.

15. CottonOrange

Scamper stood, and nodded to the unicorn. He quickly pulled out his clipboard, and scribbled the name onto the list. "Very good Mr. Safeguard. Now..." Scamper took out another shiny red apple from his satchel of food. "Could you inform me on what you gave chase to in the forest just now?" His tone was rather calm and relaxed, and he still had his usual cheery attitude about him.

16. Solunar

Solunar Cube Master

Sensing the other pony had stopped giving chase, Dawn slowed. He sighed. Though it wasn't a tired sigh, rather a sad sigh in the sense that Dawn had mysteriously enjoyed being chased, it was a sense of thrill he hadn't felt in the time he'd lived on the mainland.

He gathered the idea the other stronger stallion had headed back, possibly towards the group. Dawn stopped. Breathing in a huge gulp of air, he held it for a second and then released. Collecting his thoughts, he was disrupted by the rumble in his stomach. His attention was immediately brought to the thought of food, he hadn't eaten yet today and was getting rather peckish. Spotting a blueberry bush, he rushed over to it and started wolfing as many as he could find.

"Ahh!" he sighed happily as he managed to fill the empty hole that was his stomach. "Perhaps it was the food that was calling me to the mainland, rather than the portential adventure!" he called out to himself in consideration.

17. Antadurunnu

Safeguard finally stood upright and looked at the orange pony then back at the forest ''That..'' he turned back to the group ''I am unsure of...A small, yellow pony.. far too quick for me so I didn't bother following...'' he admitted. ''I found them watching your group from the bushes..something spooked them and caused them to flee. I originally thought it was a predator and..'' then he remembered ''One moment..''
    Still keeping his distance he wandered off to retrieve his saddle bags, armor, shield and sword. He couldn't be bothered to pile it all onto himself so he simply levitated it and placed it in a pile by the group of ponies and finally sat down. ''My only intention was to scare it off..''

18. CottonOrange

"Well, i suppose no harm done eh?" He grinned, then took a bite out of the apple. "We have some spare food and equipment just in case you didn't perchance bring any with you." He pointed over to a large pile of various items such as torches, rope, sleeping bags, etc. scamper then lazily trotted down to the river's edge, dipping his hooves in.

19. Derpadar

"At least it wasn't my imagination.." Electron mumbled to himself. He abruptly interrupted the conversation beginning by the two stallions. "Should we give our new acquittance here a few minutes of rest before we set off? We've been here more than long enough and had all the adventure were going to get out of this place, I bet the other person was no more than a shy wanderer anyway." Electron spoke as he started preparing for packing.

20. CottonOrange

Scamper nodded in agreement with the unicorn, also beginning to pack. "Indeed. We should be on our way." He gathered up as much of the supplies that he could carry, cramming it into his saddlebags, and carrying the rest on his back. He slowly trotted over to the bridge, and stood there ready. "Ready when you are chaps!"