1. Hey, Guest. You will require a character before you will be able to participate. You can apply for that by clicking here.
  2. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Other Expedition Day

Discussion in 'Main Roleplay' started by CottonOrange, 20 August 2012.

1. Solunar

Solunar Cube Master

Dawn had managed to creep back up on the group. They were his only way to finding the coast. Smiling with himself for not getting lost in trailing his way back to them, he kept watch, careful of any rocks, holes and low-swinging branches that may wish to trip him again.

From what he could see, it was a small expeditition party. There was the golden yellow pony, much in similar colour to himself, whom clearly looked the leader. Next to him, there stood a muscular looking pony, probably the one that gave chase. Thirdly, there was a pink pony, she looked tired but had a nice gleam in her eye, a clear sense of adventure. Last was the white pony, he was young but seemed able.

Though he longed for some pony-pony conversation instead of the pony-tree type he had to put up with recently, he was still shy and prefered to observe from afar.

2. Antadurunnu

Antadurunnu Is covered in green stuff and plastic shavings.

Safeguard nodded in response to the comment about carrying on. He didn't need a moment to rest but he did take his time getting all his armor back on, cloak, saddle bags and shield onto his back as well. The helm came in handy when traveling as the extra horns and red eyes tended to put off the more timid creatures or possible bandits roaming the wilds. He would walk at the rear of the group purely for protection purposes. A quick glance back at the trees where he chased the other pony, they weren't there but he dipped into his saddle bag and placed an apple on the bridge and left it there.

3. Solunar

Solunar Cube Master

Dawn wasn't careless. He had taken note of the groups position beforehand and the way that the now-armored pony gave chase. He had altered his position so that it wasn't so easy as to glance in the same direction and see him again. He wondered why a pony should wear such amount of armor. He shuddered at the idea of covering up so much, he liked the way the wind surrounded his very being, that the armor would just remove the feeling of complete freedom.

Smiling again, Dawn saw a pile of spare equipment. He wondered if he could possibly sneak some.

4. CottonOrange

CottonOrange Karaoke King

After many more hours of walking, the group had finally reached their destination. Through the hours they had walked through, they had seen colossal mountains, a very thick viney jungle and a huge roaring waterfall that turned into mist as it hit the ground. But finally, in the evening sun, they stood on a large sandy beach. The soft white sand stretched out across the bay, accompanied by the clear azure ocean. Behind them lay hugs cliffs, with a small path leading down from the cliff top to bottom.

Just down the beach, various different hollows in the cliff could be seen. The ocean right now was crashing into them, spilling water into the caves. If they were going to go exploring, they would have to be out by high tide...
    "Alright everypony! Here we are! Feel free t wander round and explore for a while before we set up camp! Go on now!" Scamper called, as he placed down his equipment and lay down next to it. He took a small sip of water from his bottle and closed his eyes softly.

5. Derpadar

Derpadar Blitzkrieg is best invasion tactic.

Electron dispersed around the beach with the rest of the group. First he moved towards the caves, the rock formation showed that the cave would be unstable and we would only be able to go in for a few hours, he then relaxed by the beach side. He was dreading the trip back home, but that was his least of worries. His brain started to pick up what had happened hours ago. "This could be a trap... or he could be a spy..." he pondered, he gave a quick scan of the area but could find nothing, he returned to enjoying this occasion before he would be in a black and dingy cave.

6. Antadurunnu

Used to walking for hours on end the unicorn was finally ready to rest. Trotting down the cliff path he looked down at the sandy beach and smiled ''Lovely place..'' he muttered to himself. Sliding his saddlebags off his back he used his magic to pick up his sword and helmet and wandered off around the beach. A quick scan of the surrounding area proved to be rather boring but this pleased Safeguard as the beach was deems relatively secure. Heading back to the group he started to help out getting the camp sorted and pitched.

7. Solunar

Solunar Cube Master

Dawn had trailed the group tirelessly. However, he was beginning to believe they were as lost as he was; that was until he smelled the salty sea air. All faith returned as his eyes grey wide at the sight of the water that laid in front of him.

"Ocean Blue. I'm finally home!" He screamed happily.

Forgetting all about keeping stealthy, he bounded past the group carelessly and dived into the sea. Returning to the surface, his mane was the same crystal blue as the sea that surrounded him. Breathing he looked around, he then realised his surf board was lost with his equipment, he sighed sadly.

8. Derpadar

Electron's daydreaming had been suddenly smashed by the charge of the bright-yellow pegasus diving into the water and drenching him with seaweed and salt. He as recuperated he saw a suddenly saddened expression on his face "Hehe... a little homesick?" He wittingly replied as he tried to comfort the newcomer.

9. Solunar

Solunar Cube Master

"Homesick..." Dawn echoed, not quite aware of the ponies around him. He then realised as the water splashed over him and he saw a white unicorn wet with seaweed. "I am... home." he continued solemnly. "It's just... it's not the same as I remember." he sighed.

Looking back at the unicorn, he smiled. "You're dripping wet... but you haven't even been in the sea!" He then continued to splash Electron a wing of water, giggling all the while.

10. Derpadar

Electron slowly picked the seaweed off his body before receiving another drench by the now happy pegasus, he started to chuckle, than he started to laugh. Than before he knew it he had dived in too, unknown to him the the rest of the group were oddly staring at the two, Electron soon calmed down and turned to stare at the yellow pegasus. "Anyway, my name's Dawn springwaters, but most call me Electron, what brings you to our group?" He asked before catching a glimpse of the rest of the group, he blushed shyly.

11. Solunar

Solunar Cube Master

Smiling, Dawn replied. "It's simple, I got lost!" Still unaware of the group looking at them, he sighed. "I overheard your group talking of the coast, so I followed you guys." Looking around again, he scoured the beach for something in particular, wasn't quite sure of what, but it had to be able to float for a start. His eyes searched, but only found the eyes of the rest of the group gazing upon him and electron; he began to feel awkward.

12. Derpadar

"I see..." He answered, trying to shake off the pairs of eyes set on both of them "Anyway, why don't we get out of the water, explain what is happening to the rest of the group and then maybe you could stay with us for a few hours until you get back on your feet?" Electron retreated from the water, wet and still blushing. He turned back to the pegasus and quickly asked "Um... were you at that bush in the waterfall?" He then turned around and quickly tried to grab the group's attention ad tell them that he did not mean any harm.

13. CottonOrange

Scamper lay on his back, with his hat pulled down over his closed eyes. His forehooves were placed behind his head, and he leaned on a pile of equipment. He snoozed softly, listening to the sounds of the waves and the soft conversations of the group. The warm evening sun beamed down on him, almost acting like a blanket. Somehow, Scamper had found a piece of grass and was chewing on it softly, much like a stereotypical farmer.

14. Solunar

Solunar Cube Master

"Sounds like a plan!" Dawn shouted happily. Following the white unicorn out of the water, he slumped himself onto the beach, he was more tired than he had predicted. Trying to concentrate on the question given to him, he thought back to when he first encountered the group, how he tripped backwards over the root. "I...I think I was." he murmered. Dawn felt bad for intruding, even worst for not yet introducing himself.

"I'm Dawn Wave." he said with a happier tone as he handed out a hoof.

15. Antadurunnu

The unicorn hadn't really bothered looking around other then his little perimeter check but instead focused on getting the tents up and a fire going. The yellow blur heading to the water was given a raised eyebrow but then the smaller white unicorn was talking with them. Once his own tent was put up he threw all his stuff into it and took his armor off. Emerging with an empty bag he wandered off from the group with a dagger scabbard strapped to his fore leg. It wasn't hard to find a stick on the beach and once he did he trotted along the shore picking up seaweed for dinner.

16. Derpadar

"How embarrassing... we have the same first names, but that doesn't matter much, most people just call me Electron anyway, pleased to meet you. Oh yeah and don't worry about the whole following thing, just as long as you didn't have any evil intentions, introductions can be really odd." Electron said as he handed his hoof with sympathy. He then dried himself as best as he could in ten seconds and walked upwards to the beach towards the expedition leader, making sure the yellow pegasus was behind him it seemed he was obviously enjoying and relaxing too much to have noticed the event that just unfolded, putting on his best informal voice, he lightly prodded him on the shoulder and and asked "Uh..hum.. This is Dawn Wave, he was the one who was following us a while ago and well.... he is lost and I was um.. wondering if he could stay with us until... he gets on his track??" as he exchanged a nervous look to both ponies.

17. Solunar

Solunar Cube Master

Dawn laughed at the obscurity that they shared the same first name. He watched Electron try to dry himself and then proceeded on to follow him up the beach. He left himself dripping wet, as he didn't see any purpose in drying himself when he knew he was simply going to jump back in the sea again, that, and the fact he preferred the soaked, salty on his face. Instead, he let the sand warm his hooves and the wind sweep his mane.

Being by the ocean, Dawn didn't feel shy anymore. Though he found the mention of his following rather awkward. "I'm the Pegasus he's referring to." He smiled to the orange earth pony. He noted the manner of apparel he was wearing and his slow-manner in chewing the straw, guessing he was a laid-back pony who had trust in his team. Seeing that, he remembered seeing something about each of the ponies that indicated a certain level of trust, something he had yet to fully understand considering the embrace solitude had on him when he was a a colt.

18. CottonOrange

Scamper lifted his hat slowly, looking up at the two ponies with tired, but friendly eyes and a smile. "Ah...so it was you who was tracking us?" He slowly stood himself up and shook the sand out of his mane. He held out his hoof and grinned at the yellow pegasus. "Pleasure to meet you Dawn. The name is Scamper. Now i understand you followed us to locate the coast, but will you be accompanying us into the caves tomorrow morning?" He pointed down the beach to some hollows in the cliff. They are currently flooded with water, due to the high tide.

19. Solunar

Solunar Cube Master

"That I was!" Dawn smiled back at the weary eyed pony. Considering his question further, he became confused. "I have to ask..." he said bemused with a sense of curiosity, "...if you knew I was tracking your party, why did you not call out to me?" Leaving the question hanging, he took Scamper's hand cocked his head sideways at the next question, not quite anticipating it. "Caves?" he echoed.

His eyes scoured the coast again, he hadn't noticed the caves before, but this time his eyes glimpsed them. He knew exactly where they were now. "By chance... are we talking about the Aqua Caves?" he asked. "If so" he continued, "I'd love to join you."

20. CottonOrange

Scamper chuckled and adjusted his monocle. "Well, if i'd have called out to you, you wouldn't have the fun of trying not to be seen! And yes,the Aqua caves. I'm guessing you've heard of them?" He inquired.