1. Hey, Guest. You will require a character before you will be able to participate. You can apply for that by clicking here.
  2. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Other Expedition Day

Discussion in 'Main Roleplay' started by CottonOrange, 20 August 2012.

1. Solunar

Solunar Cube Master

Dawn whipped the mane out of his face. He looked out to the coast again, "I haven't been to this part in a couple of years, but I am sure I know the coastline like the back of my hoof from here to the Bridle Shores." He told Scamper confidently. "The Aqua Caves though are a different story. I've ventured in a couple of times, though I never ventured very deep, I never needed to." He continued.

2. IndigoStevie

IndigoStevie Hero of Time

Moving quickly through the caves Blink put out his torch, it was ruining his view, for in the darkness, these caves glowed as the wet rock reflected the smallest amount of light from outside and splashed it across the walls. Slowing down now he took the time to notice how the light changed as the puddles of water changed depth. he knew that alot of the tunnels became flooded at certain times, but he also knew that some of the connecting tunnels never even saw sea water. Moving into one of these side tunnels he settled down to get some rest, he had entered the caves... how long ago now? He didn't know. That was strange, he couldn't remember. He had become lost and not even his impeccable navigation skills seemed to help.

3. CottonOrange

CottonOrange Karaoke King

"Well then, all the more reason to explore the entirety of the caves i say!" He nodded, then called out to the rest of the ponies. "Ok everyone,e have a lot planned for tommorow, so do try and get a good night's rest! Ther are plenty of tent's for everyone! I shall retreat to my own tent for now, have a peaceful night everypony!" With that, Scamper headed over to his tent and entered. A few minutes later, he was snoozing peacefully.

4. Solunar

Solunar Cube Master

Though the invitation of a warm tent would appeal to most ponies, it was a warm and dry evening, Dawn opted to sleep on the beach as he often did as a foal.

"The beach is my bed tonight!" He cried happily.

5. Derpadar

Derpadar Blitzkrieg is best invasion tactic.

Electron moved past to on occupying an empty tent, he saw the bright pegasus laying on the beach clearly rejoicing being home, he smiled. He couldn't help but admire his spirit and personality, he moved- well, collapsed on a bed.

"Well.... what a day."
    He was out in a few minutes.

6. Solunar

Solunar Cube Master

Though Dawn was content with his completing his goal, he failed to drift to sleep as fast as he wanted. Sighing, he put his front hooves behind his head and watch the sky, looking at the night sky and thinking about what was troubling him. Just then, a shooting star swooshed past and he made a wish. Forgetting about his previous thoughts, he soon drifted off letting the ocean sway carry his dreams.

7. Derpadar

Electron was tapped slowly by a earth pony.
    "Wake up! You're late!"
    Electron rised up with a startle. He moved out quickly stumbling and dragging any equipment he could, most of the group had already gone in. He rushed forward but caught the eye of the yellow pegasus, still dreaming happily. He preceded over speedily and shook him a little.
    "Sorry to wake you up.. but were gonna miss the rest of the group!"

8. Solunar

Solunar Cube Master

Dawn was dreaming happily. His thoughts were lost in a blue lagoon, it was the setting of the 19th Annual surfing competition and he was about to pull of his signature 'Tunnel Dive' move when he was woken up. Somewhat disappointed with waking up, he regained happiness when he felt the sand beneath him. Looking around he saw Electron.

"What time is it?" he asked the white unicorn. He could see the camp had pretty much packed up, and suddenly felt rather guilty for over sleeping.

9. Derpadar

He looked at his messily put on watch.

"9:30. We were supposed to go 15 minutes ago. That trek sure took the breath out of both of us."

He managed a small chuckle before helping up the pegasus. He could tell by the expression on his face he was having a good dream and he felt a little dampened for interrupting it. But then again he was also having an excellent dream before that rude pony barged in.

"Well... we better get going before it becomes a two-pony trip."

10. CottonOrange

CottonOrange Karaoke King

Scamper peered into the dark, gloomy tunnel as he waited for the rest of the group. (Hm. Perhaps a torch would be in order.) He thought to himself. He fixed the head torch to his head, still making sure to keep room for his hat. The morning sun casted a dim light over the beach. A few seagulls cawed, and the waves were calm and easy to listen to. Scamper pulled out a small book and a flask of tea. He poured himself a small mug of the wonderful smelling brew as he leaned over the book, inspecting it carefully. He quickly put it away again, turning to the ponies as they moved up the beach. "I say! We'll have roughly 8 hours before water starts to fill the caves again!" He called out.

11. Solunar

Solunar Cube Master

Dawn, completely forgetting his guilt, dared the white unicorn to a race. "Last one there is a moody griffin!" he called out before diving into the ocean and began fly-swimming on the surface towards the caves.

12. Derpadar

Dawn sprung to alert. He then dashed madly to the entrance, his speed was no match for the pegasus's natural talent and he reached to cave last.
    "Well..... I'm a moody griffin, heheh, at least we're not too late. After you my speedy adversary!"

13. Solunar

Solunar Cube Master

D-Wave hadn't thought himself quick, though he smiled back at the unicorn's complement. He looked at the mouth of the cave, a huge gaping jaw full of jagged stalagmite teeth; this wasn't the entrance he remembered and considered the possibility that there were possibly multiple ones along the beach. He started trotting in, letting the surprising, but cool breeze from the inner caverns refresh him, and remarked on the scale of the tunnel and wondered how it was made.

14. Derpadar

Electron moved forward into the cave, looking at the odd formations of the cave.
    "Let's see.... the primary layer of the cave is a sedimentary rock and the stalagmites point out lime traces and high-mineral wat.... Ugh. Again with the science, this is time for exploring"
    He cursed himself for droning off again and ventured deeper, he realised after a few seconds he was at the front and he was at an impass
    "Guys... the cave has two paths, any idea which way we should go?"

15. Solunar

Solunar Cube Master

Dawn wanted to go right, he felt uneasy about the left side. "The right should lead us further around, but not too deep" He commented in reply. He then went on to proceed to take a piece of chalk he round from beach outside and score an arrow on the grey cave walls in the direction of where they had come from. "Just taking some precautions!" He smiled, happy with himself.

16. Derpadar

"Fine idea. We'll go right then."
    Electron looked at the slowly darkening cave, he then emitted a small light from his horn, just to help. It seemed ridiculous to fine anything of value in the cave but odder thing have happened.
    "Come on, the rest of the group isn't far behind, I bet they wouldn't mind if we ventured a little further without meeting them"