1. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Filly Funtasia

Discussion in 'Audio/Video/Books' started by Hazzat, 17 October 2013.

1. Mane25

Mane25 Honorary Pony

If you were responding to me, I'm really only talking about comments on YouTube, not in any sensible discussion. It got a bit of an unfavourable write-up on Equestria Daily and the YouTube comments got flooded, that's all I've seen.

Yes, exactly. Still, it's close enough to catch some attention, I don't see that as a bad thing necessarily.

BonBon likes this.
  2. BonBon

BonBon Honorary Pony

I actually think it looks kinda good. Hell, if it wasn't for MLP then I wouldn't have given the trailer a chance, so I can see how and why it's catching the attention of people, but I still don't see why people might be getting angry about it. It's not MLP. It's not even big bad Hasbro. xD

3. Bridle Timeout

Bridle Timeout I Love Twilight Sparkle

The music does seem pretty good from that last promo, and the characters are kinda cute. I'll give it a chance, but I'm honestly not expecting much. :)

I still view it as a bit of a "rip off", but there's no reason for anyone to be rude or hateful though. The characters do look kind of Little Pony-ish, but the concept of unicorns and horses with magical or other unusual properties has been around for thousands of years. :p

4. Mane25

Mane25 Honorary Pony

Personally, I don't see anything wrong with a series being inspired by another series, as long as it adds enough originality of its own.

5. brucecore dazzle

brucecore dazzle Plastic pony painter!

My other half got me this advent calendar! He's not a brony and usually rolls his eyes when I buy anything pony related so this is awesome! I ahve no idea where he managed to find it (I know it's in German but he didn't get it from Germany - he's in the Navy and is somewhere near Dubai at the moment). I can't say that i'm gonna be into the TV programme, as it seems to be too designed for children, but I still like pony toys so . . . until MLP bring out a toy based advent calendar . . .

[​IMG]

6. BonBon

BonBon Honorary Pony

Yeah because that's not the CMC or anything. :p

7. brucecore dazzle

brucecore dazzle Plastic pony painter!

Ha ha, didn't even notice that, Scootaloos apparently flown into some bleach though!

BonBon likes this.
  8. anthony rothstein

Take this back to /mlp/! haha

9. Danishbrony2011

Danishbrony2011 Honorary Pony

I collect Filly toys..

Princess Celestia likes this.
  10. DynamiteMonkey

DynamiteMonkey Dino is best Magical Girl

And thus, the necronomicon was used to pull the thread back from the murky depths of the dead.

So are we allowed to revive this thread? Anyway, I don't want to go out of my way to hate it, but the animation really throws me off from the very start. I'll just leave it be. There's no point hating it if you can simply ignore it.

11. Mane25

Mane25 Honorary Pony

This thread was back from around when I first joined (I say that like it was a long time ago, only a few months ;) ). I don't see why not, it's still a thing.

I'm still set on giving it a chance, because you never know.

12. Cuttleshock

Cuttleshock Shuffle Champion

Lovely revival there.

I forget if it's been posted yet, but Funtasia Daily is, in spite of being a less-than-subtle knockoff of a certain MLP fan reporting site, quite useful. According to it, the show probably won't be out until late 2014, unfortunately (or, depending on your camp, rather fortunately :p).

13. Loganberry

Loganberry Element of Custard

If you're going to add significant new content to it, then that's pretty much accepted. Please don't revive threads just to bump with "me too!" type comments, though.

14. Danishbrony2011

[​IMG]

Filly at Spielwarenmesse Nürnberg
    Looks like we have further confirmation that Filly Funtasia is coming in late 2014! Filly was recently showcased at the Spielwarenmesse toy fair in Nürnberg. More info after the break.

report from the fair is from a German toy blog.

Princess Celestia likes this.
  15. mattyhex

mattyhex Fwuffy Cheetah

Hey everyone, remember this is a thing?

Well, there's a new thing for this thing:

16. Recurrent Trotting

why do I suddenly want a Filly Funtasia music video (FFMV) of Alt J's every other freckle D:

I really shouldn't have listened to that song just after watching this :D

*goes to illustrate with lyrics*

absolutely no lyrics can be quoted without making me look like a very sick puppy :p

17. Loganberry

Over four years may be a record for reviving a UK of E thread, but amazingly there's actual news to report on the Filly Funtasia front! :eek:

Pretty much out of nowhere, it seems that Italian TV channel "Frisbee" will be premiering the show next Monday (11th March). There's even a trailer, though as you'd expect it's in Italian:

Danishbrony2011 and Mane25 like this.
  18. Danishbrony2011

19. Danishbrony2011

After years Filly Funtasia now has a show.

20. Loganberry

Mod hat on

We don't need two threads for Filly Funtasia, so I've merged them into one. I've chosen this forum in preference to the Friendship is Magic one for the simple reason that, although a horse-related cartoon it's not actually My Little Pony.

Mod hat off

Has anyone seen the new series yet? Admittedly you'll probably have to know Italian unless someone's done some subtitles, but still.