1. Hey, Guest. You will require a character before you will be able to participate. You can apply for that by clicking here.
  2. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Ponyville Friendship Is In Bloom

Discussion in 'Main Roleplay' started by Smarty Paws, 20 February 2013.

1. Smarty Paws

Smarty Paws Clumsy unicorn and Grant's Cuddle Bunny

Gem Bug was enjoying her usual morning routine. This involved brushing her amber mane and tail twenty times. After that she tied back her mane and tail with her two black ribbons. She wasn't satisfied with her appearance until it was perfect. Something was missing. It was then, the magenta unicorn decided that she needed to use a soft brush to go over the rest of her pelt. Once that was done, she smiled at her complexion in her mirror. She finally looked perfect. She quickly trotted down the stars and out of the door.

A morning canter was just what the young mare needed. Oh, how Gem Bug loved to canter around Ponyville. She loved the feel of the ground beneath her as her hooves clattered in rhythm with the world. The unicorn loved how the fresh air filled her lungs, making her let out a blissful sigh. Her heart beat grew faster at the same time as she felt the surge of her own energy. The only word that described the feeling she received when she cantered was 'wonderful'.

Her blissful cantering was suddenly disturbed when Gem Bug spotted a pony pulling a cart full of apples in front of her. The pony was most likely bringing his stock to the market as it was quite early and ponies were still setting up around this time. The unicorn knew she wouldn't be able to turn away fast enough. That meant only one thing. She had jump over the cart. But Gem Bug wasn't exactly the jumping type. However, it was the only chance she had that would possibly prevent an embarrassing crash. The mare inhaled deeply. She closed her eyes and leaped with all of her might. When she opened them again, she looked behind her. Gem Bug had successfully managed to make the jump.

"Phew! That was close." She mumbled under her heavy breath.

That close encounter didn't dampen her spirits. After all, this was Gem Bug. That mare could barely stand still long enough to make herself look pretty in the morning. Her energetic ways were a part of who she was. Gem still remembered the advice her oldest brother gave her when she was a filly. 'Always be true to yourself because there will only ever be one of you...' He was indeed a great brother to her. It was one of his life lessons that the mare always cherished. Gem didn't seek out to be somepony else. So what if she fidgeted on chairs and jogged on the spot when being forced to stand or sit still. Gem Bug liked being the go to pony for special jewellery and being the energetic mare she was.

2. BLame

BLame That Devonshire Mug.

Terracotta hauled his cart through town, straining against it's weight and making slow progress. In hindsight, while the clay apples had sounded like a great idea for the afternoon's craft fair at the marketplace, creating enough of them to fill an entire cart probably wasn't one of his wisest decisions to date. At least, he reflected, it was still early in the day and far less busy than it would be later on, so there were fewer obstructions and other ponies to get in the way. That said, he'd already nearly collided with a couple of ponies who weren't looking where they were going, the latter instance of this had resulted in his cart going in the river, which had been a royal pain in the plot to deal with. He huffed irritably, and blew his wet mane out of the way of his eyes for what felt like the umpteenth since his impromptu swim. Terracotta could tell, it was just going to be one of those days.

As Terracotta pulled his cart down a side street, he heard the echo of hoofsteps coming from up ahead. He brought the cart up against the wall of a building to make room for the oncoming pedestrian, but was surprised when the pony just jumped straight over it. Terracotta sighed, no one ever did anything the easy way around here it seemed. He continued hauling the weight of his crafts, he was almost there now, at last!

3. Blaze_Midnight

Blaze_Midnight Isn't it great to be different?

"Ahhhh. Nothing beats relaxing above Ponyville on a beautiful day like this."

Midnight rolled around on the cloud he was lying on, loving that he had a day where he could just relax and enjoy what he missed during the time he was working. The past couple of days had been a little busy teaching an energetic young pegasus colt how to get his wings to work as he wanted. Didn't help with him constantly bounding around and falling off clouds and forgetting he knew how to slow his descent.

"Wonder how Cascade's morning dip is going. It's strange that in all the time we have been together and all the places we have been to. I haven't seen or heard anything on dragons loving the water as much as she does."

The rumbling of a cart passing underneath pulled Midnight away from his thoughts. Opening a hole in the clouds he saw a beige unicorn pulling what looked like a cart full of apples. The a magenta blurr passed over it and carried on its way.

"Some quick reflexes that magenta unicorn has. Well I guess I better get moving and see what's happening in town today"

Shaking himself Midnight then spread his wings and quickly got rid of the cloud and glided down into the market place. Many ponies were still setting up stalls but everyhting was going fine. No issues with anything, just a typical day in ponyville.

4. Smarty Paws

The mare cantered onward, splashing through puddles as she did so. Gem Bug had almost forgotten that it had rained only the day before. She never had a problem with getting a little bit dirty. But rain irritated the mare. When she was just a filly, her mother wouldn't let her play outside when it rained. Her mother had always told her. "If you play in the rain you might get sick." Of course back then, Gem Bug didn't like listening to her mother's stern words and so she had slipped out of the house. It resulted in Gem catching a terrible cold that lasted for two weeks. Since then Gem stayed inside when it rained.

But with age there was change. Gem Bug was a fully grown mare with a home of her own. She didn't have any house rules that she needed to abide by unlike when she lived with her parents. She didn't have anypony telling her to stand still or to stop tapping her hooves in the house. She was as free as a bird. However, her little quirks weren't always appreciated by the folks of Ponyville. Most of the time, she was unaware of how irritable she made others feel. Sometimes, she managed to catch onto her wrong doings. The mare tried to make good of a bad situation if she could though.

By the time Gem Bug had finished pondering about the weather, she had almost completed her canter through the entirety of Ponyville. Her legs and stomach were caked in a thick layer of mud from splashing through several muddy puddles. She was cantering through the marked at the time. Most of the stalls had just opened. However, Gem Bug wasn't really interested in browsing. She was more interested in finishing her morning canter as she needed a nice hot bath. It was then that she spotted the stallion from earlier. It only seemed right that she should extend a friendly greeting to him. The unicorn cantered over to him.

"Morning! Your the pony I saw earlier with the cart. I'm Gem Bug. I thought I owed you a proper introduction after what went on earlier." She spoke while she cantered on the spot.

5. Eiro

Eiro Cutie Cuddly Wuddly Huggily Princess

like most sunny mornings Eiro was up flying through the streets of ponyville at a considerably higher speed than the other pegasi not for any reason imperticular she just didnt like to waste nice mornings lazing about, as she sped through the streets she noticed that the town was rather energetic this morning stalls being set up left right and center, a few laps of the town later she noticed a pegasi which seemed familiar to her and in her lapse of concentration didnt notice another pegasi was also occupying her flight path knowing that at the rate she was flying it would end in a collision if she hoped the other pegasi would move so she took a dive to the streets and if the streets where dry the maneuver she began would have been no problem unfortunately for her as front hooves made contact with the ground her momentum caused her to slip on the mud and caused her to end up sliding across the market on her face on the damp mud, "well that was dignifying" she mumbled to herself face down in the mud.

6. Smarty Paws

The sound of a pegasus falling in the mud startled Gem Bug, who jumped backwards slightly. However, the mare quickly got over that little shock. She wasn't the type of pony that got scared too easily. The unicorn slowly approached the pegasus. Gem could hear her mumbling but didn't understand what she was saying as the sound was so quiet. She couldn't leave her there like that. The poor poor pegasus already had a bad landing. Not all ponies, wanted to be seen caked in mud. Gem Bug may not have minded getting dirty, but for all she knew this unfortunate pegasus might not like having a rather filthy appearance. That was it. She'd off her a helping hoof.

"Would you like a helping hoof?" Gem Bug offered. "Are you hurt?"

7. BLame

BLame That Devonshire Mug.

Terracotta dabbed at his brow with a towel, clearing up the last remnants of sweat from his morning's exertion. Miraculously, he'd managed to avoid getting filthy with mud on his way through town, much to his delight. He completed the last few touches on his display, and stood back to regard it with some satisfaction. He didn't have long to himself however, as a unicorn approached; his first visitor of the day.

After listening to her greeting, he introduced himself.
    "Ah, good day Gem Bug, I don't believe we've met, I'm Terracotta. What are you up to on this fine day?"

As he completed his question, a pegasus struck the dirt nearby, shaking his stand and scattering mud in all directions. Yup, definitely one of those days he thought. Terracotta offered his towel and a hoof to the pegasus.

"Are you alright there, ma'am?"

8. Eiro

Eiro groaned as she lay on the ground slightly disorientated when she heard to voices moving to face them it was a pair of unicorns offering her help, "its ok, im fine" she said moving her front legs out from underneath herself and into a position she could stand once more, "uh sorry if i startled you both" Eiro said sheepishly, before properly taking notice at how dirty she had gotten from her abrupt landing "well this is gonna be a pain to get out of my coat and mane" she frowned not being one to worry to much about her appearance she hardly ever worried about brushing her mane and most certainly never went to a spa without being dragged but she was more annoyed at the hassle that the mud was gonna cause her later that evening "oh well a little mud never hurt anypony" she sighed "well the names Eiro and again sorry if i startled you both, that landing wasn't really planned" promptly flapping her wings to try and relieve some of the dirt between her feathers but instead was greeted by a numbing pain causing her to wince slightly.

#8 Eiro, 25 February 2013
    Last edited: 4 March 2013
  9. Smarty Paws

"You said it and your not the only one who's muddy. I canter through muddy puddles without realizing. I'm Gem Bug." The mare replied looking down at her muddy legs, before meeting eyes with the pegasus once again. "Are you sure your fine? You look like your in pain."

By then, Gem Bug had stood still for longer than she could cope. She had started to canter on the spot as she usually did. Well, standing still wasn't her strong point. She was too energetic to stand or sit still. The only time she managed it was when she made her special jewelery. Of course, others may have found her odd. But sometimes, she didn't even know she was cantering on the spot. But Gem Bug wasn't thinking about herself. She was thinking about Eiro's well being. Gem Bug cared about other ponies more than she let normally let on.

10. Blaze_Midnight

Midnight saw anotehr pegasus hit the ground not far from where he was. It wasn't long before a couple of ponies had gathered around and were checking the pony over. A sound caught his ears from the general direction that sounded like they were a bit sore after their collision.

Isn't that the pony from before that jumped over that cart?

A megenta unicorn was stood infront of the pegasus who then started to sort of trot on the spot.

She seems pretty energetic. I better go and check on everything.

Midnight proceeded to walk over towards the ponies and on the way there thought that if their wing was injured they would probably need to have it sorted soon to avoid any damage that could have been done.

"Hi...erm I just wanted to check on you and make sure your all right."

Midnight moved to the side from behind the unicorn while she kept her hooves moving.

11. Eiro

slowly Eiro managed to close her wings and gradually the pain became less noticeable, once she had closed her wings she noticed the pegasi she saw heading to the market come to check on her aswell "im fine just a pulled muscle at most" Eiro said calmly not to concerned about her injured wing after all it wasn't the first time its happened nor will it be the last, "ive been through worse than a collision with the ground without harm" she continued "i just didn't expect to slip how i did so i wasn't really braced for the impact" she finished as she stretch to make sure she had gained no other injuries and to her relief there werent.

12. Blaze_Midnight

"Well, aslong as you aren't hurt. If you want me to check your wings over just say."

Midnight looked towards the magenta unicorn who was still seemingly a bit energetic.

"Some pretty good reflexes you have to be able to jump over a cart at the last second. Looked pretty natural from where I was when I saw you."

13. Smarty Paws

"I'm not much of a jumper. I usually accidentally fall over other ponies when that happens." Gem Bug replied with a small smile on her face. "I guess practice really does pay off when you can't stand still for even a minute!"

Gem Bug was still cantering on the spot. She truly couldn't keep still. However, she was more interested in the conversation than what her hooves were doing. The unicorn was glad that the pegasus seemed to be okay. She didn't like the idea of anypony getting hurt. She was a mare with a sense of care and duty to the community; even if at most times she didn't look like she was that sort of unicorn.

"I'm Gem Bug." She finally informed the second pegasus.

14. Blaze_Midnight

"Well you certainly are energetic"

Looking at Gem Bug with a smile.

"I'm Midni...."

"MIIIDNIIIIIGHT!!!!"

A shout from above didn't take long for Midnight to know who that was. A blue fireball fell from the sky and landed right next to him. Midnight shook his head and his smile grew.

"Hi Cascade. You sure know how to make an entrace"

Being unphased by her dramatic flaming entrance he looked towards the young dragon as she quickly put out the flames that were surrounding her.

"Sorry.." She backed away slightly her head dipped as she felt a bit guilty for appearing out of the blue like she did

"I didn't realise you were talking to some ponies. Erm sorry everypony for the rude entrance. I didn't mean to startle any of you"

15. Eiro

Catching sight of the fireball in the sky Eiro stepped back slightly and used her uninjured wing to shield her face from the flickering flames as it it landed revealing dragon and once the flames died where put out she returned her wing to its resting position "well thats not something you see every day" she said still not entirely surprised this is ponyville after all "but i suppose a pegasus skidding down the street on there face is a rather common occurrence" she giggled thinking back on all the times she has crashed trying to avoid birds other airborne pegasi it got to the point where she was used to it and the injuries she gained had normally healed by the next day.

#15 Eiro, 28 February 2013
    Last edited: 3 March 2013
  16. Smarty Paws

Gem Bug inched backwards slightly at the sight of a blue fireball. She would have been more alarmed, if unusual incidences didn't occur on a somewhat regular basis in Ponyville. It certainly was a place to see quite the odd sight. Incidences like that merely surprised her.

"You don't need to worry about startling us. Mild shocks are what keep us on our hooves!" Gem Bug replied with a smile.

She had quite a joyful expression on her face. It seemed as though the mare preferred odd occurrences to happen. She knew it often brought out change and mostly for the better. Perhaps the event meant something. Or maybe it was nothing but a coincidence. Either way, it didn't bother the magenta unicorn that much. She was just glad to have somepony around to make life a little more interesting. At the same time, Gem Bug was still cantering on the spot.

"Also, I know I'm energetic. But that's just me being... Umm... Me!" She giggled.

17. The-Phantom-Creamer

The-Phantom-Creamer Master of Dairy Espionage

There was a reason Bright eyes wasn't fond of flying too often, the other Pegasus had taken him completely off guard and next thing he knows he's muddy and massaging an impressive bruise on his flank. "I'll be fine, d-don't worry about m-me" he insists as a smattering of ponies come to check on him. He throws is pack back on his back and it suddenly occurs to him to check on the other pegasus involved in the collision. Wincing at the pain in his flank he dashes over calling "Hello hello, are you alright? I'm sorry-" just in time to witness a blinding blue flash that startles him terribly. He drops to the ground and hides beneath his wings.

18. Blaze_Midnight

After hearing the reponses from the ponies Cascades mood brightened up to what it was when she dropped in.

"I'm glad everypony is alright, I don't mean to cause unease its just the way I am when I have learned something new that I can do with my flames"

"Here we go again. I guess I'm gonna be the test subject now you've tested it on yourself"

Midnight chuckled nervously as a mischievous smile crept across Cascades face as she looked around. It was then that she noticed a yellow and green pegasus shielding it's eyes.

"Oh.."

Cascade walked over looking a little curious.

"Erm.. Hello."

19. The-Phantom-Creamer

The-Phantom-Creamer Master of Dairy Espionage

Bright Eyes peeks out from under his wings and checks for danger, with a sigh of relief he stands dusting off his jacket.
    "My apologies, I was just s-startled. Is your Pegasus friend alright? We collided a moment ago."

20. Eiro

"im fine" Eiro reassured the pegasus she crashed into "i can take a beating no problem, but how about you that wasn't just a gentle bump after all?" Eiro asked feeling guilty for her carelessness if she had just kept her eyes on her flight path would never had crashed into him, since she closed her wings the pain had faded to nothing more than a throb which she was relieved about she didn't want to have to get a check up, just for landing awkwardly.