1. Found a G1/G2/G3 Merch discussion in this area? Let us know so we can move it to the right forum - "Report" the thread to flag it to a member of staff.
  2. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Funko Vinyl models

Discussion in 'Friendship is Magic - Merch & Toys' started by Max Apogee, 2 July 2013.

1. Max Apogee

Max Apogee Five gold and a party!!

So, these things didn't seem to have their own thread (the Funko Pop models do, but not the full size ones (at least not that I could find ;))) SO I thought I'd make one.

And to kick things off, this post has just gone up on EqD with some pictures of a few potential prototypes for future models in the range. The pictures aren't yet confirmed and legit, but some of the characters have been announced by Funko, on their facebook page, as being released soon (Pinkie aPie and Lyra I believe) The other prototypes include Bon Bon, Octavia, Pon-3 and most importantly Spitfire!!! :D

I really hope these are the real thing, 'cause even the prototypes are well made, but also 'cause I REALLY want a Spitfire model! :D

[​IMG]
    Bon Bon
    [​IMG]
    Lyra
    [​IMG]
    Pinkie Pie
    [​IMG]
    Octavia
    [​IMG]
    DJ Pon-3
    [​IMG]
    Spitfire!! :D

#1 Max Apogee, 2 July 2013
    Last edited: 9 July 2013
  2. Cendaquenta

Ah. Gah. Squeeeeeeee!
    Seriously, words cannot express the WANT. I really hope these are genuine. If they are I'm so glad there's a Bon-Bon! :D Tavi looks great too!

3. Snowy

Snowy Purple Poneh

DMJIFJNSDOSVJOBSD VKDSVS
    DGLKSJIPDFPSD'F.SD

YES

JUST
    YES

I'M SORRY I CAN'T HANDLE THIS RIGHT NOW.

Edit: Okay now I've had a shower to cool off from the excitement (yes, really) I can give a more reasonable opinion on all of these instead of focusing my attention on the most important one of them. I'm adoring the attention to detail though, really. I have no idea how to affordably get hold of these before they're brought to the UK, but I will get my hands on that Spitfire when it comes out. I can wait for the others but I'll be grabbing Vinyl and Lyra for sure... What am I saying, I'll probably get them all. I dread to think what my shelves will look like when they've finished making these. xD

#3 Snowy, 3 July 2013
    Last edited: 3 July 2013
  4. Flyingleaf

Flyingleaf MLP and Disney fan

I think I am going to have to stop buying the brushables and just collect these from now on, they are just beautiful!

5. janglehooves

janglehooves Proud to be an earth pony!

They look legit (famous last words...) in terms of the construction being similar to the existing ones. I really like the existing Funko designs and these are no exception. I think I'm going to end up with a sizeable herd at this rate...

6. Haven37

Haven37 Active Pony

I'm really interested in the Funko Vinyl models, they look really good. I want the Derpy and Fluttershy ones. Oh, and if that DJ PON-3 one is happening, then I want that too :D

7. Azureshadic

Azureshadic Active Pony

If this is real, i'll probably squee out load the second I know its confirmed. I really want Lyra, 'tavia and Vinyl to go with the RBD I got at Sunnycon and the Ditzy I'll probably be getting from Forbidden Planet when I has monies again at some point.

8. Max Apogee

Max Apogee Five gold and a party!!

From EqD, Hot Topic have put a teaser image of Pinkie Pie and Lyra on their Instagram page ...
    [​IMG]
    Looks like at least the images of Pinkie and Lyra posted up there ^^ are legit :D

DerpyWhooves and Pigasus like this.
  9. Snowy

Snowy Purple Poneh

Now if only they'd redo Dash's mane colours so they could be more show accurate. -.-
    Also I've decided I'll try and get my hands on the 'transparent' version of Spitfire, assuming they bring one out for each pony.

10. Magpie

Magpie Burd, Wielder of the West Country Logic

If they release more of the transparent vinyl's it will more than likely be done in a similar sense as Time Turner and Fluttershy - luck based (unless you're prepared to fork out a reseller's price).

"1 in 24 will receive the sparkly clear chase figure variant! Sorry no choice". - Hot Topic Page for both figurines.

I remember recently I tried to track down a transparent Time Turner for my collection and while the base model goes for between $14-18, the transparent one goes anywhere from $75+.
    It's effectively merchandise ticket scalping which while it's perfectly normal to want more for something rare, out of production or with low availability, I still find some of the prices asked for disgusting in value.

Though at the end of the day, I'm also hopefully they'll continue releasing more pony variants of the vinyl figurines.

11. Snowy

Snowy Purple Poneh

That's why I said 'try'. :p I'm aware of the disgusting prices of the sparkly editions and honestly, I prefer the normal versions anyway. But Spitfire. I'll pretty much be keeping my eyes on eBay, I'm not going to buy them in dozens in the hopes I get one.

12. Magpie

Magpie Burd, Wielder of the West Country Logic

That's a relief, I was becoming worried we had a user who was planning to do a Wonka Golden Ticket bulk order. :p
    If she does become a released model, I'll have my feathers crossed for you that you get a break at one.

Interesting they're continuing this theme of one background pony to one main pony.
    I'll definitely be keeping an eye out for the Pinkie model when it releases. :D

13. Snowy

Snowy Purple Poneh

Bahaha no, I'm a uni student living on loans and my boyfriend's job, as if I can afford that. :p

Why thank you! ;n;

Also I just noticed Vinyl's tail is wrong. *Ruined it* Maybe they'll fix it since it's just a prototype?

Magpie likes this.
  14. Lyraboy

Lyraboy Lyra fanboy

I only own the Derpy one, but she's a very solid model and certainly one of the coolest bits of merch I own. That Lyra will be mine.

15. lighthawk

lighthawk Well-Known Pony

Looking good. :D

Glad to see some of my favourite BG ponies making a debut in this line.

I'm gonna hijack this thread somewhat, too, and ask if anyone has noticed any issues with the quality of these Funko models? I bought a Fluttershy one from Ebay recently (my first one, obviously), and I noticed some quite considerable scuffing and excess adhesive along the display side. I've decided not to get a refund (as I don't really think the seller would give me one based on their policies - I'll not buy from them again), but I was just wondering if anyone else has had similar issues with the Funko stuff?

Once again, sorry for hijacking this thread. :p

16. Snowy

Snowy Purple Poneh

I don't own any myself (very, very likely to buy one soon though.) but I have heard of people getting slight dents or scratches on theirs. One review I saw on the Rainbow Dash vinyl pointed out that the paint job on her tail wasn't very good with some colours leaking into others. So it appears to be a common fault.

17. CupidStrikes

CupidStrikes Surrounded by figures

Lyraaaa! I can't wait for her to show up for preorder here <3

Also: The two glittery SDCC exclusives (Derpy and Dash) are up on Amazon US for $20 each, plus postage (About £5, and they took a deposit of about £3 for import fees that should be refunded as they're under the customs limit) :D I broke and ordered the Derpy one.

@Snowy: Maybe you can try to order a case of 24 Spitfires? Depending on how expensive each of the regulars would be I'm sure plenty of people would be interested in them :) That or try to go into a retailer that stocks them. I've heard of people finding them on the shelves in Hot Topic...anyone seen the chase figures in FP?

18. Little Phantomhive

Little Phantomhive Recognised Pony

I have a fluttershy Vinyl, she is the pride of my collection so far, just waiting on rarity.

[​IMG]

19. GroundedPegasus

GroundedPegasus Habitual Pony

Am I right in thinking that these have started showing up in some Forbidden Planets? I've been to the one in Southampton a few times over the past week or so but haven't seen any - I hope they haven't sold out and I've missed my chance already! For what it's worth the Derpy and Rainbow ones have had their release on FP's website put back AGAIN until 30th August.

20. Snowy

Snowy Purple Poneh

I saw *one* Fluttershy today in Middlesbrough's FP. I asked if they had more and they did check for me but apparently they don't. :/