1. Found a G1/G2/G3 Merch discussion in this area? Let us know so we can move it to the right forum - "Report" the thread to flag it to a member of staff.
  2. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Funko Vinyl models

Discussion in 'Friendship is Magic - Merch & Toys' started by Max Apogee, 2 July 2013.

1. Eurocoin

Eurocoin Finnish MLP-blogger

This new pic from the same person as the two others, would suggest that there is a space between the wing and the flank (wings are probably separate pieces from the body), so the mark is probably printed on where it should be (covered by a wing.a little bit). I hope they don't print the mark too far back as that was something I didn't like with Twilight or Octavia.

Funko_prototype_daring_do.jpg

Blueflow likes this.
  2. Blueflow

Blueflow UK's Largest MLP Vendor

Bon Bon is now in stock on the website. As always she comes with free beep beep delivery.

3. CupidStrikes

CupidStrikes Surrounded by figures

I'm not sure they'll print the cutie mark before attaching the wings, as they clearly didn't do that with Twilight, but I'm hopeful maybe they'll change it this time. I didn't notice Octavia's was so far back! Did someone miss the memo that it's supposed to be on their thigh and not their butt?

4. Eurocoin

I finally finished my Funko POP! vinyl collection, now I have all the regular and exclusive figures (received my Amazon exclusive 3-pack today).

Exclusive POP-ponies
    exc_pop_ponies_s.jpg

All my POP-ponies (not the way I actually display them)
    pop_ponies_s.jpg

5. Flyingleaf

Flyingleaf MLP and Disney fan

I only have Derpy from this set, really want the metallic one but she only comes with two others :(

6. Max Apogee

Max Apogee Five gold and a party!!

I've not seen this mentioned anywhere yet.

the second wave of Funko blind box minis has been announced, and will include Discord ...
    [​IMG]
    As well as minis of the rest of the large models that have recently been released (or are upcoming)

7. finalsight

finalsight Honorary Pony

So Trixie, much want

8. Flyingleaf

Flyingleaf MLP and Disney fan

I needs me a Discord!

9. Eurocoin

I don't think I want any of those or I do want, but I don't think my bank account let's me get them, but we shall see... The good news is, that more than likely full sized Funko Vinyl Discord is coming (which I must have, if/when it happens).

10. Nahterpie

Nahterpie Singin' in the Rain

I actually don't want any of the wave 2 mystery minis except the black bodied Twilight.
    The wave 1s were way better in my opinion.
    Also the Princesses should have been a priority over Discord! (I want a Celestia and Luna please Funko.)

11. Eurocoin

Got these two (Applejack and Big MacIntosh) today.

applejack_bm_s.jpg

Blueflow and Bexy164 like this.
  12. Nahterpie

Nahterpie Singin' in the Rain

For some reason Applejack's eyes just look too big....

13. I'dLikeToBeATree

I'dLikeToBeATree Crystal Gem Pony

*grabby hands at set 2* Trixie! Rarity! Discord!!! *___* I needs me some of these - I think I actually like them better than set 1, the only ones I really want from that are Fluttershy, Octavia and maybe Pinkie. I've been holding off on buying Mystery Minis so far but maybe now's the time...

Full-size vinyl Discord would/will be my everything, but I am also surprised they're doing him before the princesses...Maybe they're saving something special for Celestia/Luna/Cadance? I just can't believe that they won't get round to them eventually...

Looking at the eyes on my Fluttershy, I agree AJ's look way bigger. o_O Still cute though!

14. Eurocoin

Got my Spitfire (from Amazon.com) today and unfortunately the QC is as bad as I had read online it to be on Spitfire figures. Still missing Bon Bon from my collection (already on its way to me).

spitfire2_s.jpg

15. Snowy

Snowy Purple Poneh

If you don't mind me asking, what's wrong with it? I too had heard some bad things about Spitfire especially which upsets me a little as she's the one I've been looking forward to getting the most. (When I actually have the spare money to buy one that is.)

16. Eurocoin

This one has very sloppy paint job all over and lots of glue residue everywhere.

17. CupidStrikes

Picked up a Mystery Mini yesterday and man are they cute. I hear you on the QC, though =/ I found two full size Lyras yesterday and both had multiple large QC problems that I couldn't overlook (wonky eyes, paint flaws, lumps of plastic and paint, glue spills all over their necks and butts). The Mini is nearly perfect aside a couple of tiny black dots, so it's kinda boggling that the cheaper product can have such great quality compared to the more expensive version. Get it together, Funko, you insist you're selling collector's items, so give us something with collector's item quality. Especially if you want $20+ a piece for them....

Snowy likes this.
  18. Blueflow

Blueflow UK's Largest MLP Vendor

All the normal size Funko figures usually come with errors. You have to consider these are massively manufactured and are cheap in comparison to figures of the same size. Quality comes with price. If you pay £20 for a 5" figure it's not going to be high quality. When you pay £7 for a 2 1/2" figure you can expect good quality. Size rapidly increases the price of the item, regardless of it's quality. This is why the small figures are high quality as they are expensive for their size. On the other hand, the large ones are cheap as hell compared to other figures of the same size. Look at companies like Good Smile or Figma for examples. These are very detailed, perfectly painted figures and therefore carry a price tag multiple times higher than that of the standard Funkos (I have a 4" Len Kagamine with a £45 price tag).

When people order from me, I do my best to post out the highest quality ones. Those I deem to be unacceptable are removed from the website and sold in person at discount. This is the only way I can see to try and make everyone happy when it comes to these figures.

Snowy likes this.
  19. CupidStrikes

£45 for a regular Nendoroid is pretty expensive, though, unless it's a GSC store exclusive or came with a bunch of parts (though they are getting more expensive each year OTL). The last one I bought cost me £26 including shipping (as he slipped through customs, and even then tax and handling would have been about £10 more). And even when GSC products have issues, GSC will replace them free of charge.

Anyway, Funkos are expensive ( and we are definitely the pickiest of consumers, too,) so I think it's disappointing that many of them seem to have multiple, large flaws, especially considering the ponies have very simplistic designs (I'll overlook marks not noticeable from a distance or on the NDS but the funkos I saw in this shop had all the issues on the display side...). It's a shame as they're super cute, but I can't justify spending £20 on a product with that many issues (it's super generous of you to sell the flawed ones at a discount, but most stores don't care.)

#279 CupidStrikes, 18 June 2014
    Last edited: 19 June 2014
    Blueflow likes this.
  20. Eurocoin

Today Bon Bon joined my collection. Now my collection is up to date (basic versions as crystal versions are too expensive to actively collect) until more is released.

bonbon4_s.jpg