1. Found a G1/G2/G3 Merch discussion in this area? Let us know so we can move it to the right forum - "Report" the thread to flag it to a member of staff.
  2. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Gameloft MLP game!

Discussion in 'Friendship is Magic - Merch & Toys' started by FireSparkle, 8 October 2012.

1. FireSparkle

FireSparkle A Deer Friend

2. Absentia

Absentia Zero Zero Six

Edited the title for you.

And I hope for a platformer.

FireSparkle likes this.
  3. bobby.p

bobby.p #StayBased #MostWanted

point and click adventure or platformer would be cool
    hope its not a generic puzzle game

4. StarlightComet

StarlightComet Honorary Pony

That EQD post links to an ealier EQD post which has a vague quote about what the game will be.
    http://www.equestriadaily.com/2012/07/gameloft-friendship-is-magic-game-bit.html

The key sentence being this I think:
    Looking on the GameLoft website I'm going to hazard a guess they're re-using and adapting the engine for an earlier game that seems similar, Ice Age Village.

There was also this rumoured (but never confirmed I think?) image that EQD said the submitter guessed "it could be from the upcoming Gameloft game". Again I don't think it was ever confirmed (but it does look like it'd fit in with the isometric style of that Ice Village game).
    http://www.equestriadaily.com/2012/09/mystery-ponyville-image-game-or-fan.html

[​IMG]

If it does look like that, it looks very good. But too bad I don't have a phone newer than a decade or a tablet device. Wonder if the game will have a browser-based place to play. Though I hope it doesn't have a Farmville-esque addiction-feeding gameplay vibe considering the style.. :eek: Plus wonder what kind of things in the game you will have to pay for, since it will be free, but like Ice Village you may have to pay for certain things. Mentioned 3rd down this list:
    http://www.appdup.com/2012/05/11/news-articles-the-scary-truth-about-freemium-mobile-games/

#4 StarlightComet, 9 October 2012
    Last edited: 9 October 2012
    FireSparkle likes this.
  5. FireSparkle

Wow, thanks for doing the research! Seems I didn't do too well with the OP :(
    Thankyou! Isn't there a way for users to do that now? I couldn't seem to find one...

StarlightComet likes this.
  6. Ultraboy94

Ultraboy94 I forgot how to productivity.

If my Android phone can take it I'll get this. So long as it isn't one of those ones that likes to post onto Facebook or the likes whenever it can and/or slowly suckle money from my account.
    Honestly, I'd much rather spend £5-10 to have everything in the game outright than for it to be "freenium", but this is Gameloft. I have to expect the latter.

7. Empress

Empress クロックワークのように

I have no idea what Gameloft are like, as I'm not big on mobile gaming. But if that screenshot is actually real then I'm intrigued.

8. Tina Sallis

Tina Sallis Recognised Pony

Pleasedon'tbelikeFarmville!Pleasedon'tbelikefarmville!Pleasedon'tbelikefarmville!

I pleased it for over 2 years solid, I don't even want to think about the money I burned on that game......it got worse and worse....

9. BonBon

BonBon Honorary Pony

That looks really similar to an awesome mobile game called We Rule. It's basically about building your own little kingdom. While it's a great game, I don't really see how they could pony it up besides adding pony-based buildings. 'Cos build things is basically all you do. Grow stuff to make money, use money to construct buildings. Put buildings to work, get more money, build more stuff.

It's quite fun and addictive, but for a pony game I'd like something a bit more... Substantial. I'd like a platformer. :p

10. Aurum Noble

Aurum Noble Ferroequinologist

I can't wait for release!

Hopefully, it will be optimised for the iPhone 5's bigger screen.

11. StarlightComet

Well the information is strewn across different places so its kinda confusing. Plus the image being related to this Gameloft game is still a unconfirmed rumor I think so it hasn't been mentioned recently, I just happened to remember it. You did well to provide a place to discuss it :)

Apparently Ice Village by Gameloft had an in-game currency, acorns, which you bought with real money then bought further extra animals to add to your village (though I believe you can also get acorns in-game, as rarities). I can see them maybe having an in-game currency for this, bits, and having it so that you have to use real money to buy extra background ponies to add to your Ponyville village. Something you wouldn't really absolutely need to "complete" the game, but something very tempting for fans and that they could continue to add to (considering how many background ponies there are).

Well they say it'll also have minigames, like in the Ice Village trailer with Scrat attacking things flying at him. I don't know anything beyond that trailer though, so dunno what the other minigames are like for their previous game. But I guess each of the Mane 6 could have a minigame.
    I'm sure it'll have some kind of ceiling limit and still get repetitive though.

#11 StarlightComet, 9 October 2012
    Last edited: 9 October 2012
  12. Ultraboy94

Ultraboy94 I forgot how to productivity.

I can see it now.
    Sell background ponies that came from those blind-bags who no-one really knew about otherwise for relatively cheap.

Sell fan-favorite background ponies, such as Lyra, Octavia, Vinyl, Derpy, Spitfire, Bon-Bon and Applejack for far more, and watch the money rake in thanks to bronies.

FireSparkle likes this.
  13. StarlightComet

I see what you did there :p If they made Applejack a pay-item, they'd certainly get a lot of money.

Looking at Gameloft's previous game, some say you can get "acorns" via the minigames and as a daily bonus etc. as rarities. So perhaps (with time) you can gradually get some of your favourites for free still. Guess we just have to wait and see (I have no mobile device right now that can play games like this though so no rush for me).

14. Absentia

Absentia Zero Zero Six

Apparently there is for users with over 100 posts (which you have). From searching on the forum software add-ons, you have to do it by editing the OP and selecting "More options" from the popup.
    That should allow you to edit the title at the top.[/mod]

15. BonBon

BonBon Honorary Pony

16. StarlightComet

Yeah Gameloft's other game, Ice Age Village, also apparently had minigames where you could earn coins or other currency to buy buildings and characters with. It looks really nice. Love the isometric town screenshots that we've seen so far. Too bad I don't own a device that can play it it seems.

17. FireSparkle

Loving the game ideas so far! Can't wait to download it :)

18. Aurum Noble

Aurum Noble Ferroequinologist

Me too!

Hopefully, it will be optimised for my bigger screen, because seeing black bars would be so annoying.

19. FireSparkle

That is one of my biggest criticisms of the iPhone 5. Every single app is going to have to be optimised for the bigger screen

20. StarlightComet