1. Found a G1/G2/G3 Merch discussion in this area? Let us know so we can move it to the right forum - "Report" the thread to flag it to a member of staff.
  2. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Gameloft MLP game!

Discussion in 'Friendship is Magic - Merch & Toys' started by FireSparkle, 8 October 2012.

1. Deadpanda

Deadpanda 'Baby Arm' Wilkins

Downloading it now :)
    Looks pretty awesome, and original voice acting =)

2. Empress

Empress クロックワークのように

Does it have one of those systems where you need x amount of friends to unlock certain things?

3. littlemonsterhp

Tried to download this today but it doesn't work on my stupid Ipod. :(

4. RainbowBandit

RainbowBandit Resident Fangirl

Downloaded it and I'm already on level 10 lol
    It's a very cute game, the graphics are nice, fun diversion, cute mini games and featuring all our fave ponies including fan favourites, also featuring voice talents from the show. If you have played Simpsons Tapped Out it is a very similar concept, rebuilding Ponyville one building at a time and trying to gather the elements of Harmony. Very good, I like it so far.

5. Dylia

Dylia Jeune Fille Garnement

Shall be downloading when I get home.

6. Empress

Empress クロックワークのように

Does it have one of those "you need x amount of friends to access this character/minigame/whatever" systems? I saw someone mention something on FB to that effect. If that's the case then I probably won't even bother to download it, those systems annoy me.

7. Snow Shot

Snow Shot Boop

Same ^^

8. Blaze_Midnight

Blaze_Midnight Isn't it great to be different?

Don't have an Iphone/Ipad so meh I won't be getting it XD. Looks interesting though I have to admit. If it was made so other phones and computers could use it then I'll get it.. but if not then fair enough.

9. nerdowl

nerdowl Dr Who & MLP Fangirl

Just downloaded it and right now I don't even see an option to add friends, let alone that you need any for tasks! I will yet you know if this changes later in the game but right now I don't think you so would worry about this. It also specified in the terms info scrolling thing at the start that you can link it to social networks if you wish but that you absoulutely do not have to do so (which sounds like the usual for gameloft games - others you can link to twitter/facebook purely for it to post your achievements.) So yeah, again there appears to be no social/friends aspect to this game.

But I've only just started ^^;;

EDIT:- I've just found where the social option is. You can add friends and it gives you extra hearts (the only thing i've seen use hearts so far is a game in the flim flam brothers balloon pop place thing but there's also a free tent and one that uses gems (which appears to be the usual you can get gems by levelling up or buying them type thing unfortunate,y :( ) , but so far I haven't seen a reason to add friends. You do have one friend in the social section when you first start though: princess celestia lol)

Sorry for giving you bad info :(

#49 nerdowl, 8 November 2012
    Last edited: 8 November 2012
  10. Empress

Empress クロックワークのように

Ah, thanks. Sounds good to me, guess I must have misinterpreted the FB comment. I'll probably download it soon then.

Ha, that makes me sound such a loner. "I don't want to play that game because it means I need FRIENDS!"

BonBon likes this.
  11. Leon K Fox

Leon K Fox Your resident horse!

Darn it all you iOS's peoples, making me jealous in my not having this game on my phone xD

My sisters both have iPhone 4S's but I doubt me saying "I want to install a My Little Pony game on your iPhone" would be anything less than awkward. ^^; Plus I'd have to keep borrowing one of their phones when I have a Galaxy S3 anyway.

12. nerdowl

I've just found where the social option is. You can add friends and it gives you extra hearts (the only thing i've seen use hearts so far is a game in the flim flam brothers balloon pop place thing but there's also a free tent and one that uses gems (which appears to be the usual you can get gems by levelling up or buying them type thing unfortunate,y :( ) , but so far I haven't seen a reason to add friends. You do have one friend in the social section when you first start though: princess celestia lol)

Sorry for giving you bad info :(

13. BonBon

BonBon Honorary Pony

Even if it does do that, you might as well download it anyway. Free stuff is free stuff! :p

Is it laden with in-app purchasing? I bet it's laden with in-app purchasing. And ads. :p

14. nerdowl

No adverts! :D You can click on the gameloft logo to bring up a list of their other games but other than that no, ads whatsoever. :p

15. StarlightComet

StarlightComet Honorary Pony

I think they said it's pretty much free (as in you have the option to earn in-game currency over time and effort with the minigames), but people are given the option to buy things for real money to speed things along if they want. Dunno if there is any more to it though.

16. Empress

Empress クロックワークのように

Ha, don't worry about it mate. I might be able to handle that.
    Good point. I'll download it and try it on the bus into work later I think.

17. nerdowl

The gems (which you only get for levelling up or buying) can be used for balls etc in the minigames helping you either 1) get more points in one go to level your ponies' stars up or 2) with flim-flam balloon pop there's a ballon machine that looks like its more likely you'd get the buildings (like celestia's castle out of) but there is also a tent that uses hearts from friends and a tent that is clmpletely free. I suspect you can get everything from the free tent but the probability is much lower.

Oh! Talking of the friends bit if you do want to add friends you don't have to use facebook! You can use Gameloft's 'Gameloft Live' system.Maybe we could shar gameloft ids here to add friends? It'd be less intrusive than facebook.

Edit: Ah and you get gems for completing quests. So they're nowhere near as hard to get compared to other game premium currencies :)

#57 nerdowl, 8 November 2012
    Last edited: 8 November 2012
  18. Empress

Empress クロックワークのように

Now that's something I can get behind. It's not that I'm particularly bothered about plastering my FB with ponies (it already kinda is), but I don't like those sort of apps linking to it. I'll share mine when downloaded.

19. mattyhex

mattyhex Fwuffy Cheetah

And here's me with no fancy device to play the game on, whoo for having a £9 phone! (Maybe there'll be a reasonable let's play at some point)

I'm still impressed they're using my font.

20. Empress

Empress クロックワークのように

My Gameloft Live account is iainbru, for anyone who wants to add me on it.