1. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

General questions on rules etc

Discussion in 'MLP Collectible Card Game (CCG)' started by Recurrent Trotting, 12 February 2015.

1. Irregular Apocalypse

Irregular Apocalypse Follo teh oranj hoers ...

I usually get up to Newcastle every other week or so - I'll be up there next for the Marks In Time pre-release on June 11th (and then I'm going to the Manchester pre-release on the 12th - gonna be a long weekend, that)

2. Recurrent Trotting

made a note in diary - will look it up :) it's about time I went to one of those

also only CCG thing I ever won was one where everyone opened the pony decks on the day

and yay a new pony card thing is coming out :D and it might actually make the CMCs not horrible :p

3. Irregular Apocalypse

Ongoing card list for the new set is here - Enterplay have spoiled a good 2/3 of it already; I already know what's going in my tournament deck and there will be much havoc courtesy of Spitfire and Night Glider :D General concensus is that the new CMC manes are pretty decent - there's also going to be a Starlight Glimmer Mane but that hasn't been announced (yet); ditto her Troublemaker card.

Theme decks are now replaced by 'draft packs' containing a mane and 4 boosters (2xMiT and a random pair from HM/EO)

Depending on what cards I pull, I plan to do some 'interesting' things with the new Scootaloo mane. Mwaaahahaha!

EDIT: Come to GR for shenanigans like this:

IMG_20160521_124709.jpg

#43 Irregular Apocalypse, 24 May 2016
    Last edited: 24 May 2016
  4. Recurrent Trotting

soo I found this tasty card which has made my flutter deck even more nightmarish:
    [​IMG]
    but can you move the critters to more than one problem do you think? I was thinking you probably could from the wording, but thought I'd check just in case.

:p shenanigans, although how did I miss that post D: (anyhoof wanted to go to GR and was stopped by marking : ( hope it was a good event anyway. Picked up their last draft pack on Thurs and a few boosters. The new dilemmas are so great :D have made a few of my more problem-solvey decks very happy

5. Irregular Apocalypse

The card states a Problem so if there's a problem/dilemma in play then it's fair game.

Monthly tournament tomorrow - starts at 4ish.
    I shall be there, complete with the 'Scorched Earth 2.0 with 100% more Night Glider' deck.

6. Hampshire Brony

Hampshire Brony Shaun of the dead

The wording that stands out there to me is moving them to a problem
    Cards letting you move to multiple destinations usually say so.

I do like the idea of moving a falcon to each problem and a dilemma and dragging something with each of them, but that's probably the type of interaction this card is trying to avoid (instead you move 3 to the same one, each dragging an owl...)

7. Recurrent Trotting

another question about plunderseed vine

[​IMG]

soo do you think you can challenge this troublemaker as soon as it is put in play?

A comment from the wiki says so, but that's just a comment.
    Reddit threads seem confused about this too (eg here says yes; and here says no).

The bolded bit sounds pretty unequivocal to me. But it is at least possible to read that as you are only allowed to confront one of each trouble maker card at a problem as opposed to multiple challenges on one card. I'm leaning towards it meaning one challenge per problem though.

What do you think?

8. Recurrent Trotting

sorry for all these questions :oops: I have another one

This time about '+power when you put a card on top of the deck' cards like this
    [​IMG]

and how it interacts with effects like meticulous (+1 power for each rank of meticulous?) and also cards which have the effect of putting multiple other cards on top of the deck, like this
    [​IMG]
    and this
    [​IMG]
    do they trigger +1 power for each card placed on top of the deck (ie a max of 4 or 3 respectively) or only 1 power since only one of the cards is really placed on top of the deck? I'm definitely leaning toward the max power for these cards, but I don't think that should work for meticulous (ie regardless of rank in meticulous there is only 1 card placed on top of the deck).

9. Foxytail

Foxytail Pink Pegasus Huggle Gamer

It triggers for each card placed on top of the deck, and it works with every bit of meticulous too. Got 4 friends with Meticulous 1 and a friend with Meticulous 2? That's up to +6 power at the start of your turn.

10. Recurrent Trotting

D:

so powerful!

also thanks :3

11. Recurrent Trotting

so you know that frightened cards that are face down are treated as a copy of the card they were before... does that mean that they "enter play" so they can trigger "when another friend enters play..." effects on other cards, such as
    [​IMG]
    ?

if so that is quite silly :p

12. Irregular Apocalypse

No.
    Once the card is frightened it loses all of it's power, colours and abilities until it is rallied - for cards which have an effect which triggers on 'entering play', rallying will not trigger that effect (otherwise I could have even more fun with Spitfire than I currently do)

However, for the purpose of cards such as this one a frightened Friend still counts towards 'number of friends/characters in play'.

#52 Irregular Apocalypse, 21 July 2017
    Last edited: 21 July 2017
    Recurrent Trotting likes this.
  13. Recurrent Trotting

thhanks, glad to see common sense prevails in CCG :3

14. Recurrent Trotting

more questions! :D

So with
    [​IMG]
    and
    [​IMG]
    can I banish/discard multiple cards to get more than 1 effect (eg multiple critters or multiple +1 power?)? I mean it does say:
    (703.1c) Abilities may be activated as often as a player can pay their costs.

if so then I'm just about to drown in pink prairinos :3

15. Foxytail

Foxytail Pink Pegasus Huggle Gamer

Yes for AJ, no for the critters. AJ is an immediate effect that can be done multiple times as it can be triggered multiple times, but the critter card only triggers once at the start of the score phase, so you can only get one for each prairinos in play.

Recurrent Trotting likes this.
  16. Recurrent Trotting

makes sense, thanks. I suppose you can still drown in a puddle of pink prairinos :p

17. Irregular Apocalypse

If you can call three a 'puddle'[*]

[*] - unless you drop 'Dip in the Pool' and 'Exact Duplicate, My Little Clony' a couple of times, of course. Add a couple of 'Fast Food' for extra lulz.

18. Recurrent Trotting

soo I have a question about the Daring Escape problem - where you can move a character when you confront it. Does this mean you can confront it and then move a character in order to meet the power requirements for the other problem and confront that problem and have a double faceoff? I've read through the confront rules and it says you can confront in the order you choose... so I was thinking maybe yes? If so, thanks to this and the new travelling key word my Dashie deck which has been terrible from the moment I started playing the game 3 years ago is now suddenly quite good with cards zooming all over the place for almost no cost :D

19. Irregular Apocalypse

Yes. It states you can move one of your characters - it doesn't state where you have to move it to.
    You can have all sorts of fun and games with this and a boosted Thunderlane.

Personally, I think the Traveller mechanic is one of the most ill-conceived ideas ever land in the game, and it is up against some pretty stiff competition. Combine this with insanely OP cards like the Staff of Sacanas and the Rainbow Dash SR whose name escapes me right now (frighten a friend every time the card moves) and the game is now just flat-out broken.

I draw a small comfort from the fact that it has made my BLuna/Night Glider deck even faster, but the game is largely unplayable now (although I still want to try and pull off a 'Reverse Glider' with Queen Novo and NGO at some point)

#59 Irregular Apocalypse, 10 May 2018
    Last edited: 10 May 2018
  20. Recurrent Trotting

sweet! love that Dashie can have her moment. ever since I made that deck it's been an underdog

heh yeah it is pretty broken eg shoeshine
    [​IMG]
    what to do when you have a broken OP mechanic? why not make it even more broken by putting it on a friend who is 1 measly AT, can move everywhere for free, and then let it move out of turn to avoid being sent back home after a successful faceoff and spawn extra retire-fodder every faceoff :p case in point in the last game I played (which used the Daring Escape problem) it was the last turn, there were two troublemakers on each problem and Dashie had just 5 action tokens and all her friends at home... Dashie she still managed to confront! using Shoeshine (1 AT) who retired four friends (one was a critter another Shoeshine had spawned, two were frightened and one was petrified) + Fancy Pants Race Fan (3 AT) + True True Friend (1 AT)

but apart from the balance I just love everything about the movie CCG set. The way the transform mechanic works theme wise with cards transforming into other cards, and the way the Skystar mane flips over and throws out two shells... it just brings the movie to life for me