1. Hey, Guest. You will require a character before you will be able to participate. You can apply for that by clicking here.
  2. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Other Getting used to a quiet life

Discussion in 'Main Roleplay' started by Strike, 30 August 2012.

1. Strike

Strike Not-quite James Bond

"Roger that, lets move, stay behind me."
    Red began to clear a path, sweeping away any Changelings who tried to block him. Bayfield and the others buarded the rear and side of the party, prevent anypony from getting near the Lieutenant and his son.
    After abotu an hour of intense fighting, Red was drained. As soon as they were out of the gates, the changelings stopped.
    "Good, they won't leave the protection of their cave. Lets move, before they pluck up the courage to follow us again."

2. Derpadar

Derpadar Blitzkrieg is best invasion tactic.

Dawn kept his father close for almost the rest of the time, when they were out, he gave a breath of relief, his father almost looked like he was about to pass out. He gave him another large drink from his canteen and moved forward.
    "Agreed, I'm just glad it's all over."

3. Strike

"Right, we need to leave the area, the Changelings may decide to come after us, for tonight, I'm afraid there's no fire or hot food, we need to remain concealed."
    They moved to their camp area and set up their shelters and sleeping bags.
    "Are you ok, lieutenant?"

4. Derpadar

Dawn moved with his father, holding him and compensating for his broken hoof.
    "ngh, nothing fatal or major sir. Just give me a moment to relax. Thanks for the rescue."
    Dawn refilled his canister and gave it to his father, he took another large swig.
    "Anyway, this is Brigader Redcross and that is Captain Bayfield."
    "Pleased to make your acquittance. I'm Solstice Springwaters, I'm guessing you're already familiar with my son?"

5. Strike

"Of course, without him, I'm afraid to say there wouldn't have even be a search and rescue operation. Also, prepare yourself for when we get back to Canterlot. There's going to be a political meltdown when that comes out."
    "We move tomorrow morning as long as Serene arrives., if she isn't here within an hour, Myself, Bayfield and 1 to 3 will go in to find her. Everyone else is to remain here and wait out for our return."
    Red began to repair his armour and weapons, searching the skies for serene.

6. Derpadar

"Serene's the blue pegasus i guess? a friend of yours?"
    "Well... yeah, I guess so. She is the alchemist and healer of our group."
    "She seemed nice. You know what son, it's hard to overstate my proudness for you right now, i've only know you for an hour, yet you managed to save my life, become a guard and cause a soon-to-be political manifesto. And you are an excellent magician and swordfighter!"
    Dawn blushed, he had to be overstating a little.
    "How long have you been in the guards? How did you ever find out about me?"
    "It's a long story, it all just started when I went to the cafe..."
    Dawn's story moved for quite a while. Red was still searching the skies for serene.
    "And here we are, reunited, well. Without my mother of course. But I bet she's fine and still as caring as when you left."
    "Tha....That's quite a story there son, you sure have my spirit. One more thing, you missed something out."
    "What?"
    "Um. Today is your birthday."
    Dawn had completely forgot, time and date just seemed irrelevant at this phase.
    "R-realy? it's the 21st of...."
    "It is, that ribboned scroll..."
    Dawn unwrapped the scroll slowly and read it down, it was a lot larger than he had previously thought and there were multiple pieces of parchment attached to it, when he had finally came to grasp of what all this scroll meant, his face exploded in absolute shock. He was holding a almost completely filled Canterlot Academy application. And EVERYTHING was paid for, the accomodation, the food, it was all high class. There was only one thing missing, the student's signature. He grew a happy look on his face and sobbed on his father's shoulder, his father comforted him.
    "I..I don't know what to say.... T-Thank you sooo M-Much"
    "Happy Birthday Dawn."
    He slowly started to stop sobbing slightly embarrassed that everyone could probably hear him, he hugged his dad and lead him to his bed.
    "Oh, and one more thing. Do you have a quill of some sort?"
    His father grew a questionable look on his son, they both started to laugh at the irony of his situation.
    "You've had an excruciating day, you need a bit of rest. Goodnight!"
    "Haha, sweet dreams my young stallion!"
    He moved out of his tent and moved up to red.
    "Ah, any signs of serene yet?"

7. Strike

"Nothing yet." Said Red.
    "There's a quill in my pack, by the way, always be prepared."
    Red finished with his armour and sword and put them away.
    "Bayfield, can you take over for a bit? I need to sleep."
    "Roger that, I'll keep an eye out."
    "You should hit the hay too, Dawn, this journey isn't over yet."
    With that, Red turned and went into his shelter, closed his eyes, and fell asleep within seconds.

8. Derpadar

"Ok.... at least that relives our equipment crisis, but there's no need to rush."
    He moved down and heard Red to call to him again.
    "Your right, at least the almost-fatal part is over"
    He chuckled for a moment and moved to his own bunk.
    "Goodnight too!"
    He removed his armour and crashed on his bed, hoping he would have a nicer dream than the last other nights.

9. SereneBeam

SereneBeam Capotain Enthusiast

Serene flew high up, the changeling giving chase, gaining feet every second, it was almost withing touching distance before a claymore which must of have been thrown by someone below whacked the changeling in the head and fell unconsciously back downwards.

She made it to the alcove, landing with a thud. "Phew" she sighed.

CRACK!

the sudden noise startled Serene, some cracks were forming inside the alcove, moving upwards, Serene's eyes were following the cracks movements until she was staring into the ceiling, CRACK! rocks which were lodged inside the roof became unstable, falling downwards, Serene ran back, heading back out the hole, almost making it, the rocks had sealed off her entrance.

Getting more scared by the minute, she flew around the area she was trapped in looking for an exit. none could be seen. in Anger she kicked the rocked-up entrance, "Ow" She said, the vibrations caused a few rocks on top to fall down a inkling of light seeping though, Serene flew out of the way of these but one of the black potions escaped from the bag, smashing on the rocky surface.

"Celestia Damn it" she though, she flew up to the hole looking to see if Anypony who isn't a Changeling is near.

she could smell something burning, she flew downwards, smelling her way to the suspicious aroma, the smashed potion was the cause. it was bubbling, burning through the rock, slowly.

"these rocks must contain a metallic substance within them" Just to be on the safe side, she uncorked another black bottle, letting a droplet of the black liquid seep into the floor, just as she expected, it started to burn though.

"This is gonna take a while" she said to her self, looking back up to the light, even though it's gonna stink, she's got a way out.

10. Derpadar

Dawn woke up abruptly, he woke up fairly early due to the excitement of the while last night, he quickly moved up to the open, he looked around but he had forgot to put his glasses and and everything was a little hazy. He still asked a question to anyone possibly listening.
    "Hey... Anypony?"

11. SereneBeam

The Hole was getting larger now, "how long had it been? 5? 6 hours?" the smell was getting nauseous now, she looked towards the hole, soon it'll be wide enough to get out.

12. Derpadar

Dawn waited for a reply, eventually he put his glasses back on for a better view. Nothing, he looked oddly worried about the fate of her, he quickly moved to where Red was sleeping.
    "Uh-um, sorry to wake you up, but Serene's still not here."

13. Strike

"Eh? What? Not here... ah well, best get to work then. Bayfield!, 1, 2 and 3! On your feet! We're going back in to look for Serene!"
    "Roger that... ugh, the life of a soldier, eh!"
    They were ready to move within 10 minutes, armour, weapons and a few supplies, seeing as they would have no idea how long they were gone for.
    "Rightio, 4, you're in charge. Dawn, although I guess technically you're the senior rank, 4 is a very experienced guard and you'd do well to listen to him. Lieutenant Springwaters, should you feel up to it, by all means, take command."
    "Lets move."
    Red departed with the 4 other ponies. They stealthily made their way towards the entrance to the catacombs.
    "Right, lets do this quickly and quietly."
    They moved through the caves with minimum noise, when suddenly a faint hissing and dripping caught Red's ear. He raised a hoof to signal the party to halt.
    Red moved slowly towards the source of the noise, there was a small holes in the celing with some black liquid dripping through... it looked similar to one of serene's potions.
    "Serene, is that you?" Red whispered cautiously.

14. SereneBeam

Serene sat in the cave humming a tune, she heard some voices on the other side or the rocks, "Hello!" she flew rapidly up to the hole made by the Black potions. It was Red and some of the other guards ponies.

"Thank Celestia, i got myself trapped in this cave" She looked at the hole, thinking if it was now burnt through enough for her to get through, it seemed to look wide enough.

"Get back, I'm gonna try to climb out" she warned, she put her hind legs through the hole first, pushing herself through, it was a tight fit but it was just enough. "Trust me to get stuck in a hole whilst you guys are out fighting" She said "Sorry about all this"

15. Derpadar

Dawn waited patiently for them to arrive back, he eventually saw the group returning with serene, he called to them.
    "Excellent! you're back!"
    He then turned around and dragged an unconscious changeling to their knees.
    "There's an odd 20 more back in the camp, but no one's hurt thankfully, if anything. It's a motivation to move on."

16. Strike

Red and the others made their way back to the camp whereupon they met dawn.
    "Right, if the Changelings know where we are then we have to leave immediately, lets try and make it to the outer grounds of Canterlot, they're patrolled so it may be enough to deter them. However, its a good 13 hour walk. Is every pony up to it?"

17. Derpadar

Dawn grabbed his possessions.
    "Yeah, I'm up to it, what about you dad?"
    "Well.. It's about time a gave my legs a stretching. Lets go."

18. Strike

Once they gathered there things they began to move off. It was a long and arduous walk, but after many hours of walking and oddly enough, no unusual incidents, they arrived on the outskirts of canterlot's area.
    "Right, we'll rest here. It should be safe enough and we've all earned it. There's a river just over there behind those trees, its clean, so we have fresh water and you can all have a wash!"
    Red took off his armour, but kept his sword.
    "Make sure you stay on your guard, however, No more than 4 in the river washing at a time!"

19. Derpadar

Dawn collapsed down at their resting spot, although he has been doing these types of walks, they were still extremely exhausting. He moved down to the river and took a large gulp.
    "Aaah. Refreshing, as much as I would like a bath, you should go dad."
    "No-no, Dawn, I'm fine now, you deserved it, besides, I'm completely fine. Except for the..."
    He looked grimly at his back hoof, still feeling painful and damaged.
    "Listen, you go, no offence, but you stink. Really bad."
    His father smiled and made his way. He then made his way to Red.

"So. What do you think will happen when we reach canterlot? Awards? Commendations? Investigation?"

20. SereneBeam

"Phew" She relaxed as the group stopped to rest, she made her way towards one of the trees close to the group. she removed the alchemists bag and placed it besides her and sat down, her attention brought up towards the night sky, the stars were out in full force tonight, light up the skies like festival lights, the princess Luna had crafted a beautiful night.