1. Hey, Guest. You will require a character before you will be able to participate. You can apply for that by clicking here.
  2. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Other Getting used to a quiet life

Discussion in 'Main Roleplay' started by Strike, 30 August 2012.

1. Strike

Strike Not-quite James Bond

"Awards? Officially we were never there! However, there will indeed be some investigations, as well as some very senior ranks suddenly becoming vacant I believe."
    Red started up a fire and began to cook.
    "So... off to the academy when we get back then?"

2. Derpadar

Derpadar Blitzkrieg is best invasion tactic.

"Aah, at least I got for what I came for, i would be suspicious to if someone else's long lost father randomly reappeared."
    Dawn sat down and took off his helmet.
    "The academy? Never really crossed my mind since. I'm probably gonna take the opportunity, but I might just stay for a week or so the see the aftermath of this whole expedition."
    He then gave a deep sigh.
    "Home....Home, I can't believe she ran out on me."

3. Strike

"Yep, home. I'm sure once she sees you and your father she'll be overjoyed."
    Red finished cooking the meal and passed some to Dawn.
    "Here, eat up and prepare yourself for the political storm that's brewing."

4. Derpadar

"Yeah......Thanks."
    He quickly gulped the meal.
    "Dawn! you're next!"
    "Alright! I'll be there!"
    "Hey Dawn. What are we going to exactly do when we get..... home?"
    "Frankly, i don't know."
    The group quickly rested and got all their tasks door and headed off again, they eventually reached the same gates to Canterlot.
    "Canterlot..... Not much changed. Huh?"
    "Yeah.... so what are we doing? is this just a sort of rest point?"
    Red nodded at Dawn's comment. Dawn then turned to his father.
    "Now, what are we going to do about you. Ah, here take this, it should be enough for around one night accommodation here and keep a low profile, don't alert anyone."
    "Fine. I'll be off, see you at first thing morning."
    "Oh yeah, I'll be there within an hour, just gotta finish some errands!"
    He waved goodbye and moved on to the craft store where be bought some paper and a quill. He then moved to the smith. He sat down and quickly scribbled some plans on the paper, he presented them to the shopkeeper with all his remaining bits.
    "I'll pay you everything I have to make this."
    The shopkeeper looked at him oddly and took both off the counter. 45 minutes later he came back with the desired contraption.
    "Yeah.... thanks, keep the change."
    As he moved on he could had swore the shopkeeper had mumbled something about him being weird. But that wasn't a new comment. He moved up to the closest hotel guessing his father had already sorted it out.
    "Room 161, go up the stairs and keep going to the left. You can't miss it."
    "Thanks."
    He tapped on the door.
    "Yes?"
    "It's me."
    "Come in Dawn."
    He opened the door to see a moderately furnished bedroom, his father sitting on the edge. His damaged hoof still hanging, in his hands, was a heavily chipped pocket watch. Dawn peered over to see what was so fascinating about it, inside the clock, was a young unicorn couple. Full of hopes and happiness, and their baby, a little unicorn colt with a white coat and turquoise eyes. It was him.
    "I miss her too. Cheer up, it's an odd few days now, and besides. I got you this!"
    He pulled out his contraption, his father studied it, not knowing it's exact's purpose.
    "Oh, and I see this is your...... thingy?"
    "*sigh* it looks odd, but trust me. Attach it to your leghoof."
    Dawn helped his father put the contraption on, he was a specially designed support, extending throughout his whole leg and keeping the damaged parts in the correct position.
    "Go ahead. Try trotting a little bit.
    His father moved around the room a little, he seemed a lot more happier and his movements looked better.
    "Haha, Dawn you little inventor. I love it!"
    Dawn laughed a little at his father's praise.
    "It's the best solution! besides a medical surgeon. Of course, how did you ever get that nasty wound?"
    "Don't remind me about it, Chrysalis was NOT happy that day."
    "I wish I could have rescued you earlier, but you're fine now. Tell me if it ever needs recalibration. I should be going and remember to stay low, that support REALLY singles you out now."
    "Goodbye, see you tomorrow son."
    He moved down back to his own quarters, hoping no one would be aroused by suspicion of his unauthorised absence. He fell onto his own bed after an exhausting day and brung out a book.

#264 Derpadar, 25 September 2012
    Last edited: 29 September 2012
  5. Derpadar

((Ignore this. Irrelevant!"

#265 Derpadar, 25 September 2012
    Last edited: 26 September 2012
  6. Strike

After bathing and getting all himself presentable, Red put on his formal dress uniform and made his way to Daw, as well as Serene.
    "Right, you both need to smarten yourselves up, we have a meeting with the Chiefs of Defence Staff in two hours. The head of the Secret Services will also be present to present his findings after the investigation into why your father wasn't recovered sooner."
    Red took a seat.
    "We need to get our story straight."

7. Derpadar

Dawn allowed himself to a seat.
    "Wow, really? this has all just been kinda a bit of a whirlwind to me. Do you think we should tell them everything? Do we need to get my father?"

8. Strike

"Your father will tell them the truth, as will we, there is nothing we have done that is illegal or immoral."
    Red turned to Serene.
    "You aren't required to attend, but it'd help our case greatly if you did."

9. SereneBeam

SereneBeam Capotain Enthusiast

"Are you sure?" She asked? Receiving a nod from Red, "Well ok then"
    Serene stomach rumbled, "looks like my stomach has different ideas, I'll just go and get something to eat before the meeting"

Turning and heading towards the officers canteen, Serene thinking about the changelings, the skirmish, getting her self trapped in the cave and Dawn's father, it just wouldn't fade from her memory.

#269 SereneBeam, 8 October 2012
    Last edited: 8 October 2012
  10. Derpadar

"Well then. I guess I should go and get my father."
    A door opened heavily and a unicorn with a metal leg support walked into the room. With formal wear on.
    "Yes Dawn. I've already heard, I have brought anything you need to look presentable before the meeting."
    Dawn grabbed the pile of equipment his father held.
    "Thanks. I don't have much else to do. So I'll wait."
    "Ready when ms Serene is Sir."

11. SereneBeam

Having finished her meal, Serene was in her room preparing to leave for the meeting with the Chief of Defense.

She left, locked the door and headed out. She moved towards the meeting room. She passed Dawn's door and kept walking, she stopped, turned back and knocked on the door "Dawn? are you in?"

((truth be told, i know we are in canterlot but where? i'm guessing that we are in the Officer's Quarters in Canterlot but i just don't know))

12. Derpadar

Dawn almost instantaneously talked the moment after serene left.
    "I better get prepared somewhere more private. I'll be back in a while."
    "Sure thing son."
    He left to his quarters and did everything he could to smarten his appearance. Nearing the end he heard a knocking on the door. He opened it and quickly struggled into his clothing.
    "Ah, Serene! Are you here for any reason or are you ready to go?"

((I'm just gonna go with that. Seemed like a natural place for that type of discussion.))

13. SereneBeam

The door opened, Dawn was standing in the doorway.

"Yes i'm ready, just seeing if you were changed to go towards this meeting with that Defense Chief" Serene Said

14. Derpadar

"Ah, yes, you came at the right moment. I'm ready to go and I'm assuming they're waiting for us."
    He directed Serene back to the room where the two were waiting.
    "Hello you two, are we ready to go?"

15. Strike

"Roger that, lets go." Said Red, as he began to make his way into the hall with the others.
    As himself, Dawn, Lieutenant Springwaters and the others were military, they were expected to march in and halt. Serene followed behind the squad.
    "By the right! Quick, march! 'eft 'ight 'eft 'ight 'eft ' ight 'eft!" As they came to the meeting room, they halted.
    "Squad! Halt! Will advance, Left! Turn!"
    Red then marched up to the chief of Defense Staff himself and saluted.
    "Parade formed up and ready for your instructions, Sir."
    "Stand them at ease. Brigadier."
    Saluting again and taking a pace backwards, Red gave the command.
    "Squad! Stand at. Ease! Stand Easy!"
    "Right, Gentlecolts and Ms Beam, feel free to take a seat, we have much to discuss!"

16. Derpadar

Dawn and his father took a seat and turned to the chief.
    "As you guessed I am Lieutenant Springwaters and this is my son, Under Officer Springwaters. I'm also right at guessing you are all here for the story of being M.I.A, am I not correct sir?"
    "Uh.. if anything. I could probably tell you the whole story here better than anyone else. If you want me to."

#276 Derpadar, 8 October 2012
  17. Strike

"You are correct, Lieutenant. Although it is absolutely fantastic you are back safe and sound, it does lay question to why this rescue wasn't conducted sooner, and we must find who was responsible for such actions."
    Red stood up.
    "Sir, have we heard from the Royal Military Police yet about their investigation?"
    "There are a few suspects. None of whom can be named at this time, i'm afraid."
    "Tell me, Under Officer, why did you agree to accompany the Brigadier? You could've quite easily left it to himself and the team of more than capable elite guards."

18. SereneBeam

Serene took a seat, not saying a word. Just observing the conversation.

19. Derpadar

Dawn pondered for a moment then opened his mouth.
    "Well.... there is not a very straight answer to that question. I guess is that it was my lost father and my problem. It was also that time at the Everfree where that Ursa almost got me and than Red sprung into action and i never felt more feeble. I've always been raised by my mother, while she is a fine parent it's just that slight emotional toil where you see a complete happy family enjoying themselves and never having that. I just wanted a complete family."
    His father comforted him a little.
    "Everyday was a slow pain for me to never see you grow up or find that happy childish look on your face."
    "And now I have that. That is my answer sir. Oh yeah, almost forgot, what are we going to do about my father's position?"

#279 Derpadar, 8 October 2012
  20. Strike

"Your father still holds his commission, and as such will be allocated command of 3 platoon, 2nd Battalion, The Royal Guards. Now, Ms Beam, how come you got entangled in what is quite clearly a military matter?"