1. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Good places to find Gen 1 ponies?

Discussion in 'My Little Pony G1-G3 Merch' started by Pastel Punk, 23 July 2017.

1. Pastel Punk

Sorry, daft question, but who here collects generation 1 ponies and where do you look for them? :)
    I also collect and love G4 ponies too. And you can find them everywhere :p
    But I'm also looking for G1 ponies too. I've been looking on ebay and etsy. Anywhere else you'd recommend?

2. Cendaquenta

Try maybe charity shops, car-boot sales, that kind of thing? I think Ebay is probably the best place though.
    Ed.: Sometimes at conventions you'll find stalls with a lot of secondhand toys, I've found G1 pones at MCM before.

Pastel Punk likes this.
  3. Pastel Punk

Ohhh good idea! I'll start looking in those shops too :) Thanks!

4. Loganberry

Loganberry Element of Custard

Charity shop finds seem to be rare, probably because the ardent collectors get there first! I do have a G3 Sweetie Belle I found at a local charity shop for something like 59p, but that's the exception. I can't remember seeing G1 ponies anywhere, though I'll confess I haven't looked that hard.

Apart from eBay, the UK PonyCon convention is probably the place to find older-generation ponies in this country, but of course that's only a once-a-year thing, plus a fairly large financial commitment in itself!

5. Pastel Punk

Whoo! I got me a whole load of new g1 ponies in my collection. Thank you ebay and etsy! <3 When the others arrive to join the 3 I already have I'll have 12 G1 ponies....not that I already have enough with the 24 G4 ponies I already have....*coughs*