1. Hey, Guest. You will require a character before you will be able to participate. You can apply for that by clicking here.
  2. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Other Hearth's Warming Extravaganza

Discussion in 'Main Roleplay' started by Blaze_Midnight, 1 December 2012.

1. avarage

avarage Pony

Cogs found herself grinning as she switched her direction to wandering near the group of Foals and a rather outnumbered Safeguard. ''Wendigos? Oh, I remember -that- one...I always enjoy hearing this story...'' Cogs said out loud, the large blue mare sitting herself down right in the middle of the foals. ''Wasn't it when you dragged me half away up a mountain? Or was it me dragging you up said mountain for a hidden gem cave?'' Cogs pondered, tilting from side to side while rubbing her snout with her mechanical arm, perhaps managing to get a few foals awing at the..strange limb.

2. Recurrent Trotting

Recurrent Trotting Do you feel the same?

Pearblossom squeaks in surprise at the sudden appearance of the large, 'steel clad' (she imagines) mare, and feels rather lucky that she hadn't joined the mane group of foals, some of whom were now clinging to the mare's metal hoof. When everything settles down she gets a little of the magic of the travels of the well travelled pair. If her eyes were wide before, now the poor foal was almost of danger of losing them!

3. KestrelElk

KestrelElk Mess with Applejack and I'll mess with you ¬_¬

Rumulus had just finished pouring himself a Cider as he listened to a somewhat disgruntled Prismatic, just as he was about to take a sip when a somewhat familiar voice spoke up asking for a pint of his own. Rumulus looked down at the glass, sighed then slid it down the bar.
    "Here, take this one" He said with a half smile.

Without braking line of sight with Prismatic he leant down, grabbed a bottle of cider, cracked it open on the bar an took a swig in one smooth motion.
    "Uh, Describe him? well, lets see... he's black, a pegasus, his mane and tail could be any colour under the sun if I'm honest"
    Lifting the bottle to his lips, he paused and lowered it slightly.
    "Depends how he's feeling"

Taking a few sips as he thought for a moment.
    "Try and find Cascade... she's the Dragon... or the Mare"
    He smirked as he could see the blank, yet not too impressed expression on the face of Prismatic.
    "She changes every now and then, just look for the pony with the amulet/gem thing... wait, everypony has those on tonight...ugh"
    "Well I'm sure somepony through there can point him or her out to you, good luck"

Rumulus finished his drink and threw it into the bin beside him.
    Turning to the pony on his left with a grin he all but shouted
    "Terracotta. Long time no see, how's the business... Terracotta's Pot Den, was it?

___

Meanwhile in the second room, Chives had noticed the ponies who had been sat at the bar had now moved into a third room, his curiosity got the better of him, he hastily made a "BAR CLOSED" sign and dashed into the next room where he was greeted by two of the waiting staff. Each speaking one after the other in quick succession.
    "Hey, you're Rumulus' assistant, right?
    - "We were just about to come find you."

"Any chance you could knock some hot drinks up for these Ponies?"
    - "We'll gladly dish them out"

Chives smiled at the mannerisms of the twins before him.
    "Ha, well, sure, I'll go get that sorted right away, just come see me in 10 minutes for the first batch.

4. Prismatic Flux

Prismatic Flux Well-Known Pony

Prismatic was undoubtedly curious now about this supposed shape-shifting mare with the amulet and the skill of story-fabrication that this pegasus possessed. He had an objective however and he knew he couldn't let it go. Just as he was about to inquire further however, the green stallion turned away and started a conversation with a different unicorn. This soured Prismatic's mood. He corrected his hat and marched into the other room across the way. Instead of turning up in another room though he appeared to have turned up outside. Snow covered everything in the cold of the night and Prismatic shivered. The only source of warmth an light was a small campfire. He summoned a crystal of red from his pocket and charged it with arcane energy. The gem responded by glowing faintly and providing and aura of warmth. Returning the Carnelian to his front pocket Prismatic resumed his search...

5. BLame

BLame That Devonshire Mug.

"Terracotta. Long time no see, how's the business... Terracotta's Pot Den, was it?

Terracotta's eye twitched as Rumulus mentioned the pet name his workshop had been given. It had been all he could do to get people to stop calling it the Pot House for weeks after the Cutie Mark Crusaders had once innocently referred to it as such, and if it wasn't one name it was another. Realising he'd been sat there staring into space for a few seconds, he recovered quickly.

"Haha, yes, something like that. How are you are Berry getting on?" He inquired, partly out of a genuine desire to catch up since their last meeting, and partly to distract from his previous lack of focus. Relaxing and leaning on the counter, Terracotta took the opportunity to take a look around at the other party goers, and drinking his cider as he did so. Only now did he realise that they were all wearing pendants that had been provided at the door, and he rubbed his own Amulet awkwardly. He'd not have brought his own if he'd known they were being handed out on arrival. He finished his cider before too long, and regarded the glass with interest. This had been his first experience with alcohol, and he had to say it had a most curious effect on him. Having just consumed a pint of the stuff, it felt as though his previous concerns and worries had just been washed away. Looking down the bar at the orange mare a few seats down, it seemed like she was similarly liberated, although a good deal more jubilant about it.

6. Blaze_Midnight

Blaze_Midnight Isn't it great to be different?

Midnight was almost at the shed when he noticed the smart looking pony who was previously sat at the bar with Heartstoker.

"Hello there sir. You look a little cold would you like a scarf, or something else to keep you warm?"

Quickly remembering what he was originally doing. Midnight landed by the shed and walked in picking up 3 scarves and 2 set of ice skates. Coming out and walking over to the pony he called to before, Midnight offered him one of the scarves.

"Here you go, I hope you are enjoying yourself."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I wonder what those things were that Midnight chased after earlier.

Feeling comfortable with her new layer of fur covering her body and keeping her warm she had never realised how good it actually felt to have fur. Scales were ok but in the cold of winter they weren't much comfort.

A snowball flew through the air and caught her on her side. A giggle from Spirit brought Cascade attention to trying to find her.

"Dang that fillies light coat. She can hide so well in the snow. Makes it a little unfair"

Rolling a snow ball of her own. Cascade closed her eyes and tried to see if she could pick up Spirits scent. Quickly turning around she launched a snowball and caught the filly on her head"

"Ha found you."

"Aww"

Spirit rubbed her head and tried to brush off the bits of snow that clung to her mane.

"Do you want to build a snow pony?"

An excited squeek and Spirit dived into the snow and started rolling a ball.

"Seems like we are going to be occupied long enough for Midnight to return heh. I wonder what's keeping him"

---------------------------------
    A group of dark shadows appeared along the line of trees, watching as the ponies enjoyed themselves. As quick as they appeared they had disappeared into the foliage again.

#126 Blaze_Midnight, 23 December 2012
    Last edited: 24 December 2012
  7. Antadurunnu

Antadurunnu Is covered in green stuff and plastic shavings.

The stallion had fought dragons and traveled far and wide but now being assaulted by a small group of excitable foals he seemed overwhelmed. He smiled to the filly who seemed to distance herself from the other little ponies then up at Crystal Cogs ''And how old are you my dear?'' he smirked as he questioned the newcomer to the group. ''I suppose that's a fitting story considering the time of year.'' he agreed. ''As Cog's said we headed off into the frozen north to find what I was told was a largely untouched cave of the most valuable crystals known to ponykind.'' he started off the story as always with a grin. ''Only problem was the blizzards that freeze the unprepared and cause ponies to get lost in the blinding snow. Frost giants, windigos, wendigos both two separate creatures but equally nasty to face. That's only the start of it!''

8. Eiro

Eiro Cutie Cuddly Wuddly Huggily Princess

"heh, they probably have more tales behind them than most ponies" Eiro said smiling as she turned from Safeguard, Cogs and the group of fillies and colts and returned to her seat, on the way back to her seat she was thinking about her past she did have stories from her past being a very capable fighter herself meaning she has been on many journeys and seen a fair few beasts though she is no story teller, "ah thats all in the past now" she said as she got back to the bar.

9. Recurrent Trotting

"How did you face them!" Pear continued enraptured by the story; she looked up with awe at the new pony - having grown a little less afraid.

10. Prismatic Flux

"Here you go, I hope you are enjoying yourself." Prismatic held up a hoof and shook his head. He was warm enough now his Carnelian gem was working. He took off his hat and looked the black Pegasus in the eye."Are you the one who goes by the name of Midnight? Because if so, I need a word." Prismatic was incredibly sincere. Calm and polite but straight to the point. He wanted to get his over with quickly. For everyponies sake.

11. avarage

avarage Pony

''Old enough, Safeguard!'' Cogs said with a cheerful smirk at her mouth, soon turning into a chuckle as she noticed all the hanging foals on her limb. ''At least the little ones know how to appreciate superior Crystal Tech!''
    Crystal Cogs soon had to shake them off over so lightly and then soon turned her attention back to Safeguard. ''Ah yes, since that certain type of Gem powers my arm..my devices, and since its so rare and in few deposits...it was worth the risk!'' Cogs spoke out loudly to those around her, voice filled with excitement. ''Oh yes, I had to put anti-freeze in my mechanical Limb to stop it from seizing up! Oooh! Frost Giants are big, two legged creatures of frost! Very temperamental unless bargained with. As for the Windigos, those are furry, horned beasts of the coldest regions of Equestria....And they aren't a happy bunch!''

Soon enough, Cogs turned from side to side to see the looks on the faces of the Foals, grinning. ''Face them? Ooooh, I'd love to tell this part...but, Mister Safeguard is the Storyteller...or can I help!?''

12. Blaze_Midnight

"Are you the one who goes by the name of Midnight? Because if so, I need a word."

"Yes I am Midnight. What can I help you with sir.?"

Midnight looked at the unicorn and was curious about what could be the problem.

I wonder if he has seen the strange shadows moving around the place. If so then info could be useful if he knows more.

13. Antadurunnu

Antadurunnu Is covered in green stuff and plastic shavings.

''I prefer not to fight simple creatures and beasts if I can, for example keeping the wolfsbane root on me during woodland visits. The creatures of the frozen wastes are different however and depending on what you come across requires an individual tactic.'' he sighed slightly and pulled the clasp of his cloak closer together. ''The first creatures we actually came across where a couple WENDIGO's Cogs, not Windigo's'' he smirked when correcting her. ''The Windigo as you foals know from the pageant are a form of malevolent spirit mixed with an ice elemental. Some ponies believe that they are a lost spirit trapped in the snow and left with nothing but their loneliness..'' He said in a somber tone. ''Wendigo's are as Cog's said large furred, horned beasts with large sharp pointy teeth. At first they simply followed behind us keeping hidden in the blizzard, but as we ventured into a valley the pair began to circle us..'' he said slowly, building up to the exciting part and nodding to Cog's to allow her to continue the story.

14. avarage

avarage Pony

''Oh yes...-those- guys, beasts..but they had cunning. As we entered the valley, we could hear two loud booms...looking behind us, we saw the path covered in snow and ice....with only one way out...annnnd...'' Cogs speaks with an eerie, dark tone. ''FWOOMP! One landed in front of us to block our way..the other slide down the mounds of ice that he had just caused....trapped between a cold and a furry place!'' Cogs smacked her hooves down in the open space in front of herself, with sound and tremor those foals could feel.
    ''Safeguard had his sword, shield and his strength of will...I had my cunning, my wit..and my taunts! Oh and my metal limb of course!'' She said, gesturing with her hooves in a combat pose. Her arm seemed to hum and whir loudly, the crystals in her joints glowing lightly.
    ''We had to fight, no choices....but we had an..Ace up our cloaks.....didn't we, Safeguard?'' Cogs said with a wide grin.

15. Recurrent Trotting

Pear shivered at the description of the malevolent beast; she huddled down and curled her hooves underneath her.

When Cogs caused the tremors she squeaked loudly and fluttered up a short way. "WENDIGO!!" she whinnied loudly.

16. Prismatic Flux

"Yes I am Midnight. What can I help you with sir.?"Prismatic summoned his notebook and placed his monocle on it's socket. He gently cleared his throat and began.
    "I am Prismatic Flux, here on behalf of Squeaky Clean. She's the Health Inspector here in Ponyville. Unfortunately I have a few problems here with your setup tonight. Firstly, your setting up is late and has delayed guests from enjoying themselves. Drinks and bottles have been left all over the place making it terribly messy and odorous. I am concerned about the space here as well, you've been forced to bring guests outside. In this time of year?! Are you out of your--"
    Something caught Prismatic's eye and he turned sharply to the right. He peered out into the bushes, straining his eyes to try and focus and catch anything. All was quiet and dark.
    "Er... What was that?" He inquired, a troubled look now written across his face as he continued to look out across the forest.

#136 Prismatic Flux, 24 December 2012
    Last edited: 25 December 2012
  17. Eiro

Eiro Cutie Cuddly Wuddly Huggily Princess

Eiro continued to sit at the bar watching the other party goers enjoy themselves, though it was not long before something caught her eye it wasn't hard for her to spot but it wasn't possible for her to make out what it was at first glance, "Hmm i better keep my eye out encase that happens again" she mumbled to herself not feeling overly keen on what it was.

18. Blaze_Midnight

"What was what?"
    Midnight turned and looked towards where Prismatic was looking.

"Please tell me what you saw. Cause just between you and me there have been some strange goings on over the course of the evening. Cascade has told me she has seen some strange shadows in the place itself aswell. So as you can guess I really wanna try and get this all checked out as best I can without concerning the guests."

#138 Blaze_Midnight, 24 December 2012
    Last edited: 25 December 2012
  19. Prismatic Flux

"I'm not sure..." Prismatic continued to peer deep into the forest. A stir in the bushes grabbed their attention and a faint grunt echoed quietly. Then all fell silent again..."Are you sure it's safe to have these ponies outside?" Prismatic looked Midnight in the eye. He wanted to make it absolutely clear he felt it was time to get moving.

20. KestrelElk

KestrelElk Mess with Applejack and I'll mess with you ¬_¬

"How are you are Berry getting on?"

"Oh things are great between us, her stall seems to be making more and more money each day, she told me there is one "Sporty lookin' red Mare" who stops buy at least 3 times a week to buy a few deserts, I can only guess who that might be" Rumulus said giving a slight glance over to Heartstoker, only then did he realise he had not once metioned her to Berry Pie... he thought this strange, but didn't worry about it too much.

"Anyway, it's getting kind of quiet in here, most of the Party has moved through to a different room let's go join them" Rumulus directed his voice towards Heartstoker and Bramble.

"C'mon you two, this bar is shut, lets head through to mingle with the others... that's if any of us can stand" He said as he propped himself off of the bar and onto the floor, his knees quivering as they hit the ground.

"OK, this way"