1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, Mista Squishy is running a fundraiser for Children In Need this year. Check out this thread for more information.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Hi Peeps

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by THPhony, 3 December 2017.

Tags:
  1. THPhony

THPhony Pony

Hey everyone! I'm new here. I'm pretty lazy and antisocial when it comes to online platforms but I was bored and figured I'd see how long I'd stay active on here. now thats off the table.

I'm a 2nd year student at university, (technically I finished 2nd year but I am doing a self employed placement with a couple of other students to set up a business) I study Computer Animation (Despite the name we also cover 3D Modelling, Rigging, and Special effects), but I haven't really decided where I want to go with it exactly (games, films, advertisement etc). Kinda using this year as a chance to build a bit of a portfolio. I tend to drift more towards the technical aspects rather than the more artistic character design and sculpting side, but I'm trying to get better at that.

I'm a big fan of animation in general so I've watched other cartoons, anime etc. Gravity falls I watched a while ago and I recently just finished watching Psycho-pass

So yeah, what do you guys do?/ watch (besides the obvious)

2. Cendaquenta

Cendaquenta Honorary Pony

Heya, welcome!
    If you're ever just looking for a chit-chat, feel free to drop into Last Post Wins. We're a friendly bunch... honest...

3. Wonderbolt

Wonderbolt Honorary Pony

Hey, welcome to the herd xD

4. THPhony

THPhony Pony

hey, Thanks :)

Wonderbolt likes this.
  5. TheDashingJack

TheDashingJack "An excellent UKoE user."

Welcome to our herd, man!

To answer your question, I haven't marathoner a lot of cartoons recently, but I am fond of Steven Universe and Gravity Falls myself.

THPhony likes this.
  6. F.I.N.E.

F.I.N.E. Less than 50 characters.

Welcome aboard and have fun! MLP was kind of a gateway drug for animation, and I’m now a fan of Steven Universe, Star vs. The Forces of Evil, Gravity Falls and the various Star Wars animations.

THPhony likes this.
  7. THPhony

THPhony Pony

Thanks :) , nice, Steven Universe is one that I haven't managed to get into. I think I tried watching an episode a while back though.

Thanks, Neat :) I love starwars and had been meaning to try and watch through some of the animated stuff. I remember watching a few of the animated series episodes when I was younger. I know there is mixed opinion on the newer films but I really liked the clonewars or atleast the idea of it.

8. Loganberry

Loganberry Element of Custard

Welcome to UK of E!
    I'll post this little rhyme
    To say hello and hope that you
    Will have a fine old time. :)

9. F.I.N.E.

F.I.N.E. Less than 50 characters.

TCW is my favourite, but I’m also really enjoying Rebels, too. I also treat the first Clone Wars animation as an honorary movie as it does a really good job of bridging the gap between Episodes II and III.

10. THPhony

THPhony Pony

I'm gonna have to have a look again online to see if I can find it anywhere, or buy the boxset or something. I have slowly been trawling through stuff that I didn't really watch or play through when I was younger. I love the old star wars games too.

11. Blaze_Midnight

Blaze_Midnight Isn't it great to be different?

Hi and welcome to the forums. Please enjoy your time here.
    [​IMG]

THPhony likes this.
  12. Eliki

Eliki Element Of M&Ms

Howdy howdy howdy and welcome to the site! :p

THPhony likes this.
  13. THPhony

THPhony Pony

Thanks and Howdy to you too! :)

Eliki likes this.