1. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Hi y'all

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Streamline, 19 March 2017.

1. Streamline

Streamline Honorary Pony

Hey there everypony,

I've been meaning to join here for a while and finally had the time to do it :) . My real name's David. I've been about on UK Bronies facebook group for a while and been to some of the meets and BUCK last yr so hi to those who I've already chatted to and hi to anyone new.

From Stockport, been in the fandom since 2015, for those that don't already know I'm pretty much into anything MLP or trains related, another railway brony on what appears to be the growing list, but then, hey, the railway links up Equestria pretty much.

Looks forward to contributing in the forums when I'm about and roll on S7 next month :)

2. Blaze_Midnight

Blaze_Midnight Isn't it great to be different?

Hi David and welcome to the forums. We hope you enjoy your time here.
    Pinkie smack.gif

Streamline likes this.
  3. Wonderbolt

Wonderbolt Honorary Pony

Hey welcome to the herd xD
    Another Railway brony xD we have loads of us here!

Streamline likes this.
  4. Loganberry

Loganberry Element of Custard

This is the night pony using the forum,
    Posting the welcome that always bores 'em.
    Ponies for the rich, ponies for the poor,
    For Sugarcube Corner and to Twilight's door.
    Pulling up soon now, an end to rhyme,
    The clock is against me; have a good time! :)

Also, Trains thread is here. Any questions or advice wanted with UK of E, post in this thread or send a PM to one of us friendly (honest!) staff members and we'll do our best to help you out. :)

Streamline likes this.
  5. F.I.N.E.

F.I.N.E. Less than 50 characters.

Welcome aboard, and have fun! :D Do you have a favourite villain (either current or former)?

6. Streamline

Streamline Honorary Pony

Hi Blaze_Midnight, Wonderbolt, Loganberry (or possibly Zecora in disguise with the awesome rhyming hehe) and F.I.N.E, thank you all for the kind welcomes :) .

Yea I was suprised at how many railway bronies there are around it's really cool.

For my favourite villain, tough one between two choices but I'd have to go for Tirek, just simply because he gave us what I personally believe was one of the best head-to-head action sequences in the entire history of the show that could rival many others (Twi's Treehouse!). Also he gave Discord a chance to unleash chaos again for a while and sometimes we don't see enough of him.

I can't not mention Starlight though, because in a so so sort of way, I can understand why she did what she did, even though perhaps a psychotic way of going about it. I'm sure we can all relate to that ideaology of ineqaulity through 'special talents' and others being left behind despite having other lesser seen talents than develop later in life. Not sure about her as a reformed student in last season, she seemed a bit lost and definitely not the personality of Starlight of S5 or any sort of character traits. I'm keen to find out what happens to her next season as from the sounds of it she may well be on her way out or at least a less frequent character.

F.I.N.E., Loganberry and Wonderbolt like this.
  7. Eliki

Eliki Element Of M&Ms

Howdy howdy howdy and welcome to the site! :p

8. Streamline

Streamline Honorary Pony

Howdy @Eliki thanks for the welcome :D

Eliki likes this.
  9. Recurrent Trotting

Recurrent Trotting Do you feel the same?

hey David

MLP and trains eh :D
    you might like Bobthedalek then :3
    [​IMG]
    (unfortunately hearts on that train grill thing look wrong in anything other than flash animation :p )

Streamline likes this.
  10. Streamline

Streamline Honorary Pony

Hi @abrony-mouse that pic by Bobthedalek is beautiful :) there is even a costal background, reminds me of the Devon sea wall. Yea I know what you mean with the hearts on the train, I've had to come to accept that just on the fact that at least trains seem to be the prime choice of long distance trasnport in Equestria (despite the fact that a third of the population have the ability of flight but perhaps they can only fly so far).