1. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Hi :)

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Gaspode, 11 June 2020.

1. Gaspode

Gaspode New Pony

Hello im new here but been around on the mlparena and fb pony groups for years.

I love all gens and customising.

Nice to meet you all and hope to chat on Saturday at Uk PonyCONLINE too.

Gaspode

Loganberry likes this.
  2. Loganberry

Loganberry Element of Custard

Hello! I'm sorry I didn't see your post earlier -- I usually make a point of reading this section. It's nice to see a name I recognise in these parts! As you'll have noticed UK of Equestria is a fairly quiet place these days -- it's not 2013 any more, after all -- but there are still a few of us old regulars knocking around. :)

UKPCO was a very well received and very well run event from everything I saw. I really hope it goes ahead again in October. :)

3. Gaspode

Gaspode New Pony

Yes such a shame this great forum is so quiet :/ thanks for the hello anyway :D

4. Robshi

Robshi Young Dragon

It's oh so quiet... but it's nice to see a new face all the same. Welcome!

There's still a little chatter in a few threads here. It is a far cry from pony's heyday though. Hopefully the next generation might draw some people back here.

Loganberry likes this.
  5. Loganberry

Loganberry Element of Custard

You're welcome. And yes, I think it's sad that forums like this one have been drained of so much life as people zoom off to social media. I do use social media myself, so this isn't a complaint about that as such. But one of the things I always loved (and still do) about UK of Equestria is that -- staff discussion aside -- it's all out here in the open. You can read absolutely anything people say here even if you're not logged in. Plus there's just more space to have in-depth discussions on a forum than on Twitter or Discord.

One reason we plan the Worcester meets on here (well, we did until you-know-what happened in March) is again that everyone can see what we're planning. We have nothing to hide. There's nothing shameful about loving My Little Pony. And I've always believed that having people talking about it openly and happily in public really helps to underline the message that we're not doing anything to worry about. Once discussion drifts off into private Facebook groups and so on, some of that "we're open about this" feel gets diluted.

But as far as I'm aware, we're not going anywhere. I certainly intend to carry on posting and commenting. :)

Robshi likes this.
  6. Candy Yunagi

Candy Yunagi Wishes she could be a cat

In fairness, I would be more active here, only I don't wanna be the only one talking all your ears off :p. But yeah, I'm not going anywhere anytime soon...

Loganberry likes this.