1. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

HoG 4 - Full Circle (Hosted by Mare Play UK)

Discussion in 'Confirmed Event Discussion' started by Blueflow, 8 June 2014.

1. Flipturn

Flipturn I've seen footage

Alright then, wouldn't want to impinge on everyone's fun by being 17, so I'll head home that night ^^

still looking forward to it! n.n

2. Rocket

Rocket Anthro Firework

I'm going to be dropping out sadly, money is an issue :c

3. Blueflow

Blueflow UK's Largest MLP Vendor

Thanks for letting me know, sad that you won't be staying overnight but commend you highly for your consideration to the others.

Sorry to hear, hopefully we'll see you at the next one <3

Rocket and Flipturn like this.
  4. Ultraboy94

Ultraboy94 I forgot how to productivity.

I've booked tickets. Daytona's still on, right? ;3

Blueflow likes this.
  5. Blueflow

Sure is!

6. Astra

Astra Suffering from Ipkissian Maskosis

Looks like I missed calculated the cost of the trip and the super off peak deal that first capital connect is offering, I can get a return to Finsbury Park for £10 then work my way round the underground from there. That's £20 to get there and get in, the only thing I'll need to worry about is topping up my oyster card (and to make sure I have it on person).

Any new news about the event? I would have thought people would be getting hyped about this by now, I know I am.

7. Partytime

Partytime The Super Duper Party Pony, That Pony Is Me!

I have bad news. Me and Fez are staying overnight

8. Blueflow

Thanks for letting me know.

Due to under 18s staying overnight, no drinking will be permitted on site. This is a venue rule and as good friends we respect each other.

9. Astra

Sorry if I keep going on about my work, venting is the only way I can get things off my chest. Apparently we lost three guys at tills in the period of two weeks; one having to retire early for medical reasons, one being moved into the coffee shop to fill the empty position after someone left and one of the Saturday girls leaving. This is some what good for me as my hours had been bumped from a mere 8 to 16/20, it isn't great but at the moment I really need the money (for the rare occasions I go out for gaming events such as this one) so I guess its a blessing in disguise.

I haven't seen the light of over time since this new store manager stepped in, he had been pulling the belt and budgeting hours but at the same time complaining about performance and the lack of customer feedback, mostly aiming his remarks at me. As I hadn't worked a Saturday in such a long time I thought it be safe to order train tickets for this weekend, top up my oyster card and have a bloody jolly old time!

Nope.avi

Let and behold I'm put down this Saturday to do four hours, ANY other Saturday would be alright but NOT THIS ONE! I had been looking forward to this for almost a month and I wasn't going to let them ruin it. I went to my team leader who dealt with scheduling hours and told her that I would not be able to do this Saturday, the look she gave me made me sound as if I wanted the whole month off. Its not my fault that people has left and they can't find the work experience to work for free.

I'll have to confirm it tomorrow if I have the time off or not, since this is overtime I don't have to take it. That still doesn't stop me feeling like there's going to be more to this.

#29 Astra, 30 June 2014
    Last edited: 30 June 2014
    Flipturn likes this.
  10. Shaunnnnnnnnn

Shaunnnnnnnnn Back from the dead, literally.

Who needs alcohol when you have Soda Shaq?

Blueflow likes this.
  11. Astra

I've been given the go ahead to take Saturday off, looks like I'll be attending after all! Now I demand a release of the 'no booze' rule, I want to drink root-beer while I kick some Killer Instinct butt until I fall into a sugar induced coma!

12. Gamer2k

Gamer2k Recognised Pony

Looks like I am free this weekend, so its just turn up and pay at the door right. will I need to bring a sleeping bag to stay overnight?

13. GhostlyJunkbot

GhostlyJunkbot Gibbering Incoherent Rubbish

I'd just like to point out that, as with the Wii, the Wii U (never hyphenated) does not have "Nintendo" in its name.
    Unfortunately, I won't be able to attend this event, as I have already booked to attend a different VG (and Animé) event long before I was made aware of this event. (Although, seeing as the venue itself is open everyday, I might have to check it out at some point. Problem is: I really don't wanna go on my own, so...)

14. Flipturn

Flipturn I've seen footage

I think I'll appear later on, got a moderate hangover. See people at 1:30-2 again? n.n

Edit: On second thoughts, I'm in no shape to come, wouldn't enjoy it. Remind me not to drink loads the day before events :v Have fun though!

#34 Flipturn, 5 July 2014
    Last edited: 5 July 2014