1. Hey, Guest. You will require a character before you will be able to participate. You can apply for that by clicking here.
  2. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Ponyville Just a small cider

Discussion in 'Main Roleplay' started by Sonicrainboom_BOOM, 19 August 2012.

1. Sonicrainboom_BOOM

Sonicrainboom_BOOM ARCHBISHOP OF BANTERBURY

Lightning Flash leaned backwards from the bar and twisting his head look around the low dingy pub. It was quiet, too quiet he thought after all there was only him, the bar-mare and two elderly Pegasi sitting off in the corner engaged in a low hurried conversation. Probably complaining about the weather again... as always the navy blue pony thought to himself. He turned back to the bar to order another cider and glancing at the copious head on it sighed.

2. Arualsti

Arualsti ah-roo-al-stee

Starfall remained silent in the darkest corner of the bar, a mugful of water between her hooves, her wings proping up a newspaper the shield her from unfriendly eyes. She was in deep concentration, her ears straining to pick up whisps of conversation from the two old stallions at the table next to her. They weren't suspects, yet. But Starfall knew that the pub was a the best place to pick up rumours and gossip, especially the kind that ponies didn't want to be shared.

She lowered the paper slightly, and managed to catch a few words
    'Weather.....terrible.....'

'Wouldn't....back.....my day....'

Great. Just two grumpy old stallions. Not a secret plot. Not an uncovered secret. Starfall let the paper drop from her wings. She drank the water the one fluid gulp and slammed it back onto the table. She would need something stronger to ride out this disappointment.

3. NinjaDuckie

NinjaDuckie Abrahoof Lincolt

With a long, elongated creaking, the door to the bar opened, revealing naught but a dark skyline and the rain coming down like nobody's business. A brief flash of lightning far in the distance illuminated a silhouette in the door-frame, and thunder rolled over and into the bar as the silhouette walked in, shivering.

Shocklight had only been to Ponyville once or twice on official weather business. Usually he kept to himself in the skies. But today his meeting with the Ponyville Mayor had been postponed, and left him with a few hours of his schedule empty - so he'd decided to wander.

The weather was acting peculiar, though. Today had been scheduled as cloudy and warm, but the ever-larger stormclouds above seemed to have something else to say on the subject. Worst of all, he wasn't in control of the lightning. Somepony else was handling it - which always made Shocklight a little nervous. So rather than hang about in the rain he decided to get indoors, and headed to the nearest building - a quiet, shadowy pub.

After closing the door with a gentle shove from his back hoof, he wandered up to the bar. "Ah, Lightning Flash," he murmured, looking the pegasus up and down. "Of course." It was well known to most of the weather team that LF had a light obsession with his cider. Shocklight was not one to judge on a single character trait, however. Lightning Flash was a good member of the weather team (even if his lightning was sometimes a little unvaried), and Shocklight had heard rumors he was on track to join the Wonderbolts.

Are we to assume that Lightning Flash and Shocklight are work buddies or rivals of some kind? They're both blue pegasi that control lightning. Just sayin'. I'd prefer they weren't in direct competition and mostly just friendly colleagues, but I'm happy to work with either possibility - left my post open so you can continue in either direction.

4. Arualsti

Arualsti ah-roo-al-stee

Starfall nearly jumped out of her seat at the dramatic entrance of the 2nd blue pegasus. She lifted the paper back up with her wings and peered nervously over the top. New pegasi always fascinated her. Being a winged pony raised by the wingless variety, she was always fascinated by new pegasi in town. They reminded her of I life she almost had. A life she secretly always wanted, if she wasn't so scared of the change.

5. Sonicrainboom_BOOM

Yep I like the idea of them being colleagues lets do it

Craning his head round and looking to the door Lightning noticed the new addition to the pub and before turning back to his drink said "You were always one for a dramatic entrance weren't you Shocklight, although this time I guess you aren't using the lightning as an effect and it was just coincidence." Taking a sip of his cider he continued "I am surprised we both got off work today, what with this storm but I guess the powers that be up at the factory know what they are doing. I'll be damned if I do." Having drunk enough to already haze his mind the pegasus was clearly unaware that this storm hadn't been forecast.

The Navy blue pony pushed back a stool next to him offering a chair to the newcomer. Dispute having not spoken too much in the past Lightning thought he knew enough about the pony to at least be amiable towards him. Although he was starting to feel uncomfortable as if there was somepony else in the room watching them. A pony that he had missed. Or perhaps it was just the effect of the Apple family's cider which was stronger than most.

6. NinjaDuckie

Shocklight gladly took a seat at the bar and put a few bits down on the counter. The barman nodded and began to pour a tall cider. "I guess the powers that be up at the factory know what they are doing," echoed in Shocklight's head for a few moments. He turned to Lightning as the barman's glass slid down the counter to him. "You mean you're not handling this one?" he asked, catching the glass with his hoof and gazing at the contents. "Forecast doesn't hold any thunderstorms for at least another week. We're supposed to be producing light cloud only..."

7. Arualsti

Arualsti ah-roo-al-stee

Starfall let the ponies conversation wash over her. Weather ponies! The main line of work for a cloudsdale pony, but to a pony who first step foot one a cloud not long after getting her cutie mark, being able to master the elements seemed a complete mystery. A rumble of thunder shuddered through the bar. Storms were especially impressive, how some pegasusi could bend the fierce heat and electricity to lightning, creating it and destroying it, controlling it. She went off in a daze, imaging herself soaring amongst heavy grey clouds, shooting lightening from her wing tips. She smiled lazily and decided to go up and talk to them, maybe they could share some tricks of the trade.

Carrying a freshly ordered glass of raspberry wine, she trotted over to the pair of blue ponies.

'...light cloud only...'
    'Hi!' Starfall interrupted quite unintentionally 'Sorry to interrupt, but I couldn't help overhearing you two are weather ponies. Well, I just find that fascinating. The names Starfall'

8. Sonicrainboom_BOOM

Lightning did a double take upon the new pegasi jumping into the conversation "what? who? where did you come from?" His mind still hazy from the drink he tried unsuccessfully to place her. He could have sworn that she had been in the room before now but could also swear and on his Cutie mark that she hadn't. "You aren't a fan of mine are you? I'm all out of signatures" He said, his arrogant nature taking over.

9. Arualsti

Arualsti ah-roo-al-stee

As the taller of the too tipsily began to brag, Starfall's brain kicked into gear as she did indeed recognise him. 'You!' she angrily scowled 'you're that drunk pegasus that vomited on my hooves last month'. She turned her nose up at him and trotted closer to theother stallion. 'So, what's it like to fly through a storm cloud?'

10. Sonicrainboom_BOOM

"Wait huh?" Lightning replied suddenly guilty and confused. "uhhh" was all he could muster in response until, taking his chance he pushed between the two other ponies and said "M'mare I think we have come off on the wrong hoof, I am Lightning Flash. I am a weather pony and I am sure I didn't vomit on you. I am an upstanding member of society. I want to a wonderbolt. I can't tarnish by reputation acting so vulgarly!"

11. Arualsti

Arualsti ah-roo-al-stee

She squinted at him suspiciously 'You sure, I distinctly remember a blue pegasus vomiting after drinking too much Apple family cider after that Flim Flam business caused a huge alcohol excess in Ponyville. Mind you, we were all on the wrong side of sober that night so I could be wrong' she continued to glare at him suspiciously. Sipping on her wine she asked again 'So, whats it like flying through a storm cloud? With a name like Lightning Flash I would assume you would get a lot of practice'

12. NinjaDuckie

Through the entire spectacle of this 'conversation' Shocklight merely observed quietly and nodded his head in a knowing sort of fashion. When Starfall asked about flying through thunderclouds the first time, he was half way through a gulp of his cider and could do little more than watch as Lightning Flash nearly embarrassed himself trying to be amazing. Typical. Shocklight set his glass down on the bar and turned to face her.

"Everypony thinks it's something special to fly through thunder clouds," he said. "And yes, it is. I'd even go so far as to say it's an extraordinary experience. But you have to keep a clear head. You can't just fly through without some preparation. It usually takes months of practice to learn the ideal form and flight style. And if you don't know how to handle the electrical charge, it'll just tear you straight out of the sky and send you down like a ton of bricks."

He put a few more bits down and signalled the barpony for another cider, before extending a hoof to Starfall. "The name's Shocklight, by the way," he said. "And whatever his shortcomings, I can assure you that Lightning here is a hardened professional - and, though I do not presume to know what happened a month ago, I can vouch for his good character and best intentions."

13. Arualsti

Arualsti ah-roo-al-stee

Starfall took his hoof and shook it firmly 'Wow, well I think you two are both extraordinarily brave and talented' She said, hoping they didn't find her silly for her fascination. 'And I do hope you are right about your friend here' She glanced at him slyly again. 'Sorry if I sound like a silly filly, but it is rare we get weather ponies of such magnitude in Ponyville, besides, the resident weather pony is usually less than happy to answer my silly questions'

Starfall stared into her wine 'So I thank you for that'

14. Sonicrainboom_BOOM

As the phrase 'weather ponies of such magnitude' sunk in Lightning Flash exhaled sharply, spraying a fine mist of cider across the pub. "I don't want to say I am awesome" he started but, as his subconcious was now hitting him over the head with a mallet he paused and after thinking continued: "All the weather team work really hard at the job and without ponies like shocklight here we would never get anything done."

As these words died from his lips he drank the last of his cider, allowing the remaining mouthful to flow into his gullet unhindered. He promptly swallowed and turned towards shocklight once more. "If neither of us are doing this storm then who could be? I didn't think any of the other pegasi knew how to do anything quite this fancy."

15. Arualsti

Arualsti ah-roo-al-stee

Starfall's ears pricked up. Now this sounded like a mystery, and something infinitely more interesting than trying to track down missing the botique owners missing mane brush, simply to find her cat had made off with it. She remained silent, but now alert, smiling as she sipped her drink.

16. Finerkill

Finerkill Al. Alice. Al Gore. Big Al. Small Al. Alex. Finer.

Night Fury walked in the Dingy Pub quietly. He quickly peered around the place to see who was here. Why did the Mayor send HIM, the person who has no idea who anyone was, to track down the Weather Ponies in charge of storms. He only recognized one pony the Pub, a Mare by the name of Starfall, she appeared to be in conversation with two other ponies, both Pegasus. Starfall seemed to know everyone in town; maybe she knew who he was looking for. Quietly trotting up to the them, he quietly said "Starfall". The Mare didn't hear him, she seemed to be very interested in what the two Pegasi were saying to each other. Or it could be that he was in full armor with his head covered, he quickly removed his helmet and repeated, "Starfall!" this time a bit louder.

17. Arualsti

Arualsti ah-roo-al-stee

Starfall swirled round at the sound of her name. She promptly fell off the stool on which she sat. 'I guess one drink is one drink too many, she murmured, staring up at the ceiling. 'What are you doing here Fury? she asked, slowly sitting up rubbing her head.

18. Finerkill

Finerkill Al. Alice. Al Gore. Big Al. Small Al. Alex. Finer.

Fury had to contain a laugh as Starfall fell off her stool. After he got himself back together, he offered a hoof down to help Starfall up, "It would seem so. I am looking for the Pegasi in charge of this foul weather, it wasn't scheduled and SHE has been wondering what was going on".

19. Arualsti

Arualsti ah-roo-al-stee

Clambering to her hooves, Starfall gestured to the blue stallions either side of her. 'Well, it appears it isn't these two, they are just as clueless about it as you' She picked up her own stool and pulled another up, offering it to Fury. 'Besides, if SHE is so bothered, why doesn't Ponyville's weather pony get on it? It is her job after all, and listening to her brag, she could probably clear the storm up in 10 seconds flat' Starfall did not think highly of the rainbow weather mare. Of all the pegasi she met, she was the only one who didn't display a trait that Starfall admired and aim to live up to.

20. NinjaDuckie

"I highly doubt it's anything to do with the Cloudsdale team," said Shocklight, turning to face the newcomer. "We're generally good at keeping to schedule. As for Rainbow Dash... I've seen her take out some pretty big rain clouds, but," -a burst of lightning and immediate thunder cut into the conversation- "but personally I think this is a bit beyond her." He extended a hoof to the guardspony. "Fury, is it? Name's Shocklight. Can I get you a cider, or are you barred while on duty?"