1. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Lancashire Brony Nightmare Night and Film: Saturday 28TH Oct 2017

Discussion in 'Confirmed Event Discussion' started by HypnoHooves, 27 September 2017.

1. HypnoHooves

HypnoHooves Habitual Pony

Lancashire Brony Nightmare Night and Film: Saturday 28TH Oct 2017
    Dice And Donuts, Preston, 11:30am-5pm
    [​IMG]

The film is out....the film is out... we will see it! either before the meet, or afterwards at a local cinema. the decision on what cinema and time will be made depending on availability

so why on the 28th? it is because its nightmare night...we can wear cosplay and not look too out of place. so lets trot on down!.

But thats not all. we have a CCG competition underway, along with trick or treat!

of course if you dont like ccg game we have chat...beer...coffee... toasties etc!

Welcome to the 7th Preston MLP meet. Every pony is welcome to this gathering of the Lancashire herd in Preston. (This is not a large meet but a small meet. but is known to get ponies from far and wide)

Our venue to Dice and Donut's a local gaming cafe that serves coffee, donuts, toasties and beer to the gaming crowd. . Hint their white chocolate eton mess drink is great

The plan is to meet up at 11:30am at Dice and Donuts.

Events: See further down

Chat
    Have a light lunch and drinks of real coffee's and/or beers.

At 1:00pm we start the CCG Game competition with starter decks

Games:

CCG starter deck tournament

Don't worry if you dont have a deck, one will be provided to you, don't worry if you don't like the game, it is fun to watch and will only take up part of the meet. Other games will be provided as well for those not into the card game.

But yes we will play, and chocolate along with foils will be provided!

EVENTS:

Trick or Treat

Yes its the 28th...near nightmare night! we need to plan some special games... trick or treat pony style will be provided. will you get a trick? or get a treat?

you will find out.....

Bring nightmare night themed items for fun... i expect to see nightmare moon and plenty of spooky goings on.

FILM 15:145 odeon

yes it is the film! we will see this at some point, probably after 3pm at a local cinema. the timing will depend on showings but it should be fun together with fellow
    bronies.

Small print

Let me know if you are coming and need any advice. as nice to know how big a table to take over in the venue.

(note: dice and donuts do charge a cover charge but that is Hypnohooves treat to everypony, and the cover is free with the purchase of a few of drinks per pony anyway- dont worry most months we dont get charged

Venue map
    [​IMG]

===Profile picture by the talented Stormblaze===

#1 HypnoHooves, 27 September 2017
    Last edited: 26 October 2017
    MCtoastie and ponePete like this.
  2. MattBas

MattBas Well-Known Pony

Clashes with LondonFurs so I'll have to miss this one :(

3. HypnoHooves

sorry you will miss it. was bound to happen sometime. keep your diary clear for the 16th of dec if you can.

4. Open Book

Open Book Now with Breaking Bad.

Might come.
    Just some useful info from a local. The nearest cinema in Preston is the odeon by the docks. A five minute bus journey is required from the stop just 2 mins away from D&D. A day rider on the bus is £3.90 (exact change only I'm afraid, or you purchase online through the Preston bus app)
    http://www.odeon.co.uk/cinemas/preston/28/
    Anything I've left out, please let me know.

5. HypnoHooves

Thanks for the info-espeically on the post 1st oct price increase for the bus!, but as a group we do have other options. the taxi rank is close and £6 for a taxi split between several ponies isnt much. also i plan to have my car so can ferrry a number to the cinema, and possibly do a few pickup runs.

Open Book likes this.
  6. LunarEagle1996

LunarEagle1996 New Pony

You'll find the Capital Center is actually closer than the Docks. Easier to get to, too. 125 Bus Route is a similar price for a Day Rider (about £4.40 for a day pass on the Stagecoach routes, which there are more of) Literally 2 minutes on the bus, ample car parking for anyone who has a car. Don't believe Vue has posted their film times yet, but they ARE advertising the MLP Movie. And honestly I find Vue to be far better than Odeon for a very similar price, especially since they revamped the cinema a month or so ago (New seats, more leg room, etc. etc.)

https://www.myvue.com/cinema/preston/whats-on

https://www.myvue.com/film/my-little-pony-the-movie

Wish I could say I'm coming to this, but I don't know what I'll be working when I get back from Lanzarote, so I could well be working that weekend :(

7. lime zest

lime zest Active Pony

I wish I could come, but I'm in Portugal on the 28th, back on the 29th :(

I am flying Ryanair though, so you never know! I may be able to attend if the flight is cancelled!

8. HypnoHooves

if you are flying ryanair...you might still be at the airport waiting for the flgiht out!....grins... you be lucky to get back on the 29th... actually you should be ok now. monarch has gone bust and ryanair hiring the sacked pilots!

lime zest likes this.
  9. cool110

cool110 ⏏⋈♻✇✐

I would also go with Vue over Odeon, for both transport and facilities.

Transport wise it's not just because I have a Stagecoach season ticket, but the docks means taking the 89 which on a Saturday afternoon will usually be full of park and ride users. In contrast the 125 runs gold spec. double deckers which are unlikely to fill up, also they do give change and started to accept contactless a few months ago.

Also depending on what time it ends we could go to the Frankie & Benny's next door.

10. HypnoHooves

ok will check the cinema's for times etc and confirm.

11. ponePete

ponePete Habitual Pony

Will have my car too if help moving pons required

HypnoHooves likes this.
  12. Open Book

I'm seeing the film this Saturday with friends, but I think I was always going to see it twice. I'm still planning on joining you lot.

HypnoHooves and ponePete like this.
  13. LunarEagle1996

LunarEagle1996 New Pony

I finally have my shifts. Gonna have to skip again I'm afraid, I'm working that weekend ;-; Gonna watch the film this Saturday too, probably gonna see the 1.30pm one. Anyone else going to that one?

HypnoHooves likes this.
  14. HypnoHooves

since we will have 2 cars we should be able to move everyone easily. i will check th cinemas for times and pick th best. if vue continue this weeks showing times it is prob the best- if harder by car. im going to see the film for the third time with you guys...plenty of easter eggs to see :)

ponePete likes this.
  15. ponePete

ponePete Habitual Pony

Just FYI mine is a smol new mini ^_-

Given the turnout last time anything like that and two cars wouldn't be enough anyway.

16. Open Book

Just seen the movie. I think you all are going to love it. I will be all too glad to see it again. See you next week!

ponePete likes this.
  17. Aldersgate

Aldersgate Honorary Pony

Good to see some Preston folk in Bristol this weekend - I'll be along on Saturday as well. Can't wait to see the film (well, I'll have to wait, but you get the idea...)

ponePete likes this.
  18. Open Book

19. HypnoHooves

Thanks openbook. Seen the times and noted we are probably better at the 3:45pm show at the odeon for the following reasons: 1. standard tickets at vue are 1p cheaper than premium at odeon, while standard at odeon are over a pound cheaper than Vue. 2. Odeon by car is 1.3 miles as opposed to 3.8 (although vue is 1.9 miles on foot) 3. times art vue are 12:00 and 1:30 which are not great for a meet, unless we go to see the film first with everyone going the movie theatre and then to the meet up.

So i propose we meet lunch time at the dice and donuts. hold the meet, then i ferry everyone to the theatre (pony pete also has a car), multiple runs can be done at 8 mintue interval from bow lane. we see the film. I can then drop everyone off at the station who needs to get away early, while the riverpilot pub on the docks can be a base for us for a post film chat etc for those who have more time. if anyone then wants a drop off after that i can provide it to the station

I would appreciate feedback on this plan. if there is agreement i can pick up a block of tickets to ensure we got some together in premium, while being next to unallocated cheap seats for those on a tighter budget.

20. cool110

cool110 ⏏⋈♻✇✐

I think having the film early might work out better in the end. With your price comparison don't forget that Odeon have a booking fee, also all the seating in Vue now is stepped and better quality than Odeon which is still flat as far as I remember.