1. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Lancashire Brony Nightmare Night and Film: Saturday 28TH Oct 2017

Discussion in 'Confirmed Event Discussion' started by HypnoHooves, 27 September 2017.

1. HypnoHooves

HypnoHooves Honorary Pony

i included the odeon 75p booking fee in the calculation (£8.75 per ticket standard and £10.55 premium)- which i can actually avoid by getting the tickets at the odeon, vues is also 75p (£10.54 per ticket total). correct on the tiering and leather seats at the vue vs the slope at the odeon. but picking that does mean some will have to get the bus as well (due to distance). not to mention cause me some issues with dice and donuts who have been rather good to us, and also hosting the xmas party event. the question is which is best.... ponders....

2. Open Book

Open Book Now with Breaking Bad.

Great. I could open up a space on the cars by gladly taking the bus. Looking forward to seeing y'all again.

3. Aldersgate

Aldersgate Honorary Pony

I'm easy with either an earlier or a later showing, but I certainly wouldn't want to cause any difficulties with Dice and Donuts - they are a great venue, and have been really welcoming, easy going and accommodating.

4. HypnoHooves

I will talk to them 2 moro then post information on the cinema choice. it is a shame the preston theatres are not in the centre but spread out. the vue has smaller screens but nice seats while the odeon is cheaper, closer, and got a time compatible with dice and donuts. will see what i can do.

also is everyone up for a starterdeck play of the ccg? i have acquired a number of starter decks for every pony

5. Cloudane

Cloudane Element of Mostly Excessive Verbosity

Looking good for coming with @MCtoastie - due to circumstances and moving from a to b I'm looking at driving it this time rather than the train, so assuming required equipment fits in the boot there may be a few seats spare (note: fairly inexperienced city driver!)

The 3:45 showing sounds good imo rather than rushing straight there but I'm sure we could do either

MCtoastie likes this.
  6. HypnoHooves

ok talked to dice and donuts they can be flexible for us, they are also getting into stock pony products. Tails of equestria scenairos etc and the CCG are now being stocked at the store. But given we got ponies coming by car from outside preston, and they not aware of preston we are best meeting dice and donuts and us going to the show at the odeon.for the 15:45 show to avoid anyone being late by being stuck in traffic etc.

This way everyone coming to preston by car just needs to follow the signs/sat nav to the station and park in the fishergateshopping centre car park (£4.50), or the station car park (£6) or christian road car park (£2) prior to going the cinema (free parking). preston is easy for a non experienced driver to reach the station and the odeon is easy to access from that.

the plan for the day is 12:00 start, plan for brony scot chat etc, then 13:00 to 2:30 a starter deck play of the CCG (3 games) - starter decks are provided for you to take away(i got a job lot in)- or bring your own starter deck if you got one - win a match get a treat of pony chocolate! lose and get a "trick" of a non pony sweet.- i will be moderating to teach anyone the rules. then at 3:15 we go to the theatre. post theatre we can go the river pilot pub for those who want to hang around, or i can give lift to station etc.

for bookings use this link https://www.odeon.co.uk/booking/init/NTYzNDIwMDAwMjNMVkxUUFFGIzI4IzE3NDU5Iw==/?promotion_id=1064
    now if we all want to sit together we need to look around the wheel chair seats - which is either the far back of the theatre or part to the front. i recommend the far back of the theatre for premium seats next the wheel chair spot . it has unreserved seating before it and would be a good location to avoid us blocking any children in the audience's view. but we can move if needed.

i'm considering some cosplay as it is halloween. any other pony considering some? don't worry its halloween themed... well kinda... BEWARE APPLES!

7. QueenGusty

QueenGusty Celestia is my puppet..

Unfortunately, at the moment I won't be able to make this one - I'm preparing a cat rescue tomorrow night and Saturday is likely to be taken up with getting him to the vets etc. So me and he Zombie won't be there except in spirit!

Carrie

8. ponePete

ponePete Habitual Pony

Sounds like a good plan. Sadly no real cosplay for it but may wondercolt it :)

Has anypone booked seats yet? If so any specific row?

9. Silent Smoke

Silent Smoke Active Pony

i wouldn't mind joining in but im not sure how to work the booking

10. Cloudane

I'd suggest the back - only choice in ours is the front and that has the potential for sore necks :)

Edit: This one's not completely at the front though so is probably not so bad if anyone with less than brilliant vision would prefer that.

#30 Cloudane, 27 October 2017
    Last edited: 27 October 2017
  11. Silent Smoke

Silent Smoke Active Pony

Thanks for the help

12. Cloudane

I've gone for Q11+12 for us ^^

13. Cloudane

Argh - session expired and now it says the spaces are occupied - erm yes, I occupied them! Wonder how I get around this one.

Seemingly I need a hero and they're all busy saving the day.

#33 Cloudane, 27 October 2017
    Last edited: 27 October 2017
  14. Cloudane

Okay it freed up finally after 10 minutes or so. Q11 and Q12 booked!

ponePete likes this.
  15. cool110

cool110 ⏏⋈♻✇✐

I've taken R12.

16. ponePete

ponePete Habitual Pony

Can you only book seating if premier? That's odd. Guess i'll wing it then...

17. Silent Smoke

Silent Smoke Active Pony

Just got R14. Cant wait for tomorrow

18. Open Book

Open Book Now with Breaking Bad.

Got my ticket. About £4 cheaper than when I saw it las week. How odd See you tomorrow anyway!

19. Aldersgate

Aldersgate Honorary Pony

I'll echo @ponePete' s question - is it only booking for premier seats? The seating plan shows some of the normal seats with people in them, and only seems to let you book premium. Weird...

20. Cloudane

Oh are those fancy seats? We can probably change to be at the near-front space instead if need be, if it’s cheaper there