1. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Littlest Pet Shop

Discussion in 'Audio/Video/Books' started by Aurum Noble, 19 October 2012.

1. Recurrent Trotting

want an episode that nails what a feminist lilttle girls show should be saying?

latest LPS rawks :p

2. Thomas+Ponies

Thomas+Ponies I'm HowToBasic!

There's one thing I've always noticed about the ending theme...it sounds like London Calling...a lot...

3. Danishbrony2011

Danishbrony2011 Honorary Pony

I remember in autumn 2012 where I saw the first Picture of the LPS show in a toy store, and thought it was fake. Now I love the show too. Anyway, that was a great S2 Finale.

#123 Danishbrony2011, 26 March 2014
    Last edited: 15 April 2014
  4. Recurrent Trotting

well that was the finale... it was ok : 3

but I miss the previous finale

5. Cloudane

Cloudane Element of Mostly Excessive Verbosity

I'm up to S02E05 :p Expect some spamming when MLP S4 wraps up, as that's when I intend to fill the gap with LPS..

6. Cloudane

Where is everyone? :S Well, I'm not looking back because spoilers.

S02E07

If anyone is in any doubt, WATCH THIS EPISODE
    Seriously, this episode... I've been a "closet" watcher of LPS since the start, but this - this made me post it on frickin' Facebook. This will turn you into the pet version of a brony, or your money back!

Recurrent Trotting likes this.
  7. ecmc1093

ecmc1093 floof

Last one I watched was S02E20.

What I will say is... Ep18 Grounded, I thought was really great, my favourite since Door Jammed.

Recurrent Trotting likes this.
  8. Yukito

Yukito Avid Twixie Supporter

Season 3 is off to a good start so far :3 Too bad there's no livestream of it... Or if there is it's being awwwwwfully quiet ¬3¬

9. Recurrent Trotting

omg there is an s3 D: friggin work, I didn't even realise! so good :3 this will reduce the sting from pony withdrawal

no live stream but hopefully the faithful on Dailymotion will provide for me :D

10. Recurrent Trotting

dat.

friggin.

song!

SOOOO GOOOOD :D

that ep is my favourite LPS premier so far. Their previous attempts at the pony treatment of epic 2 parters really didn't work well so I'm glad that they abandoned that and just went for a solid everyday ep idea.. with something a little special :p

and that special thing was a rock song out of nowhere. this being the guys who brought us MLP this wasn't just a rock song... this was CMC style full on mad rock parody which was also a sweet song :D

[​IMG]
    Maud rates this scene as "As close to being a rock that a lizard, sleeping-raccoon and mongoose can be, because they are not rocks."

#130 Recurrent Trotting, 4 June 2014
    Last edited: 4 June 2014
  11. Cloudane

Wat wat wat! Watching S02E08 and they basically just hinted at homosexuality with Vinnie? :eek:
    I salute this move.

Eep! And it sort of tackles animal cruelty as well

Brave episode, I like it.

#131 Cloudane, 6 June 2014
    Last edited: 7 June 2014
  12. Thomas+Ponies

Thomas+Ponies I'm HowToBasic!

I thought it was S2E22 that hinted at the homosexuality...

13. Cloudane

Hm interesting, well in E08 Zoe teases Vinnie that he has a crush on Bruce (gecko) so that's where this one was. Had to rewind and check!

Thomas+Ponies likes this.
  14. Yukito

Anytime that Vinnie and Sunil are together hints at homosexuality :p

Thomas+Ponies likes this.
  15. Yukito

So the ep today is up now (can't post it here, but just search War of the Weirds on Dailymotion).

Really funny episode, looks like we'll be seeing more of Madison :3 Message was good about not jumping to conclusions, nice callback to Minka's space exploration, and some pretty funny scenes throughout. And it looks like Fisher Biskit got his revenge for the previous episode XD Ultimate Troll of the Week award goes to Bisher Fiskit :p

16. Cloudane

S02E10 (the alligator one)

Dragonshy a la pet! Except it wasn't Fluttershy (Penny Ling) who yelled at the dragon and made him cry this time, it was Rarity (Zoe) defending her. Interesting. More "traditional" really, I'm not sure what I make of that.

More interesting was the take on Alan Sugar. I'll have to admit, my attitude towards her would've been something along the lines of "stupid b****, if that's her attitude then it's toxic and I don't WANT to work with her". So this episode actually made me sit up and think about something, in that it gave the "dragon" personality if not a redeeming feature, at least an excuse to exist.

It bothered me a little in that the message was "it's ok for people to be like that, you just have to have the courage to stand up to them". Yes and No, IMO. Everyone should feel empowered to stand up to bullies, but that doesn't make her less of a bully or make it right, even if she does have good intentions with it.

And yet, it made a statement that conflicts with mine, it says that person who's trying to intimadate people might have a good reason for it - and like all great shows like this, it was strong enough that I'm going to end up thinking twice the next time I'm judging an Alan Sugar type of personality. Those type of people never bothered me to begin with... I'd work with like, Tim Cook, I don't care. I'm not scared of someone just because they're "high up", they're still people who need to eat and sleep, and I believe none of their "I'm so important" stuff. Sorry Tim, you're just the CEO of Apple, wind your neck in. But I'd feel immensely annoyed by them, and maybe this has taught me to at least try some tolerance.

I really did particularly like that it taught persistence, and being yourself.

17. Yukito

Fun fact I noticed today: In the episode What, Meme Worry? during the opening song, Zoe's missing from that lil' circle that turns into the logo :p

18. Cuttleshock

Cuttleshock Shuffle Champion

I've been silently following this thread for some time, in anticipation of some time I'll be bothered to actually watch this show... ARE YOU FREAKING KIDDING ME!?

19. Cloudane

I put that episode in my sig for a little while for a reason :)

Of course, different strokes etc. (heh heh... pet shop.... different strokes)

20. Recurrent Trotting

this show continues to rock :D twinchillas sassing blythe and the plot for the Jungle ep is just about the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen on TV... rofl Penny Ling in a gorilla costume. Great ep for her character.

here, I shall note this moment with PL fan-art

[​IMG]