1. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Littlest Pet Shop

Discussion in 'Audio/Video/Books' started by Aurum Noble, 19 October 2012.

1. MCtoastie

MCtoastie Element of Elements

In that case I'll give it a gander tomorrow (fill the pony void) :)
    Sounds good, not really busy atm anyhow :p

So would you recommend giving SU a shot as well? (might as well add to my collection :p)

2. Cendaquenta

Cendaquenta she / they

Do eeeet.

MCtoastie likes this.
  3. Wonderbolt

Wonderbolt Honorary Pony

Hmmm I am curious now, whenever I have seen snippets on POP, I have always found them boring lol, and it seemed very much like a generic kids show.
    I think its the human characters that put me off.

4. Thomas+Ponies

Thomas+Ponies I'm HowToBasic!

To be honest, I do understand how you feel, as it does seem to be like a genneric kids show.
    There are moments, however, that I did actually laugh at, like this clip:

Cloudane and MCtoastie like this.
  5. Cloudane

Cloudane Element of Mostly Excessive Verbosity

I would say more "generic kids show" than MLP, sure (though I get the impression with S2 they knew they had a few of the equivalent of Bronies following ;)). But it's kind of like.. once you've got one foot in kids shows via MLP already it's easier to see past it to the ageless humour and charm it has. And much like MLP the characters are very well defined.

And hey, it has Penny Ling... Fluttershy in panda form :3
    Or Zoe, Rarity in Twilight Sparkle coloured voice-of-Celestia dog form (whilst Rara herself voices Pepper)

Thomas+Ponies likes this.
  6. Recurrent Trotting

aw I got all excited and thought LPS had started again when I saw that this thread had posts :(
    heh darn those humans

I like it because it has much of the same voice talent and humour as MLP (ALL the puns :p) as well as similar music and don't mind its girliness. The stories lack epic pony ofc and the human-centric stories, especially in the premieres and finales, can be a bit flat (not the greatness that is the S1 finale) but apart from that I think they're fairly ponyish fun too.

7. Wonderbolt

Wonderbolt Honorary Pony

lol Maybe I will try and watch a whole episode objectively

8. Wonderbolt

Wonderbolt Honorary Pony

So I decided to finally start watching the show and have watched the first 2 episodes...and I have to say I really enjoyed it and found it really funny so I will carry on watching all the episodes xD. Glad my initial concerns about the show I posted above were unfounded.

Only downside is can't get Blythe being Rainbow Dash out of my head lol.

The Pets all seem really cute and funny so far Zoe is my favourite.

9. Cloudane

^ Man with taste. Right here.
    Glad you enjoyed it :)

Wonderbolt likes this.
  10. John Willow

Binge watched this series recently, straight through to the end of season 3. I think it's adorable but like others I do see it's flaws. Problems are resolved a little too easy and not even in a creative way, its a little like 90's cartoon shows in its style of setting these problems up and solving them. The texting talk can get a bit annoying, the biscuits are one dimensional and sometimes just around too much for comfort, there's also the sore thumb that Blythe is the only character who goes through a frequent wardrobe change. Yes, I know it suits her character and it started out a refreshing detail but by season 3 it just got too noticeable. One other thing that bothered me, and it's a little thing, was by season 3 you got around 1 song per episode, that's 26 original/parody songs! I felt kinda sorry for Ingram. Hope he isn't doing it all alone.

Other than that I loved the show. It was so adorable to watch Russel freak out while on a sugar rush

11. Wonderbolt

Wonderbolt Honorary Pony

I think the Biskit twins are like really funny....the way they talk is like so cringeworthy or whatever it gets like funny even if its like so ewww.

John Willow likes this.
  12. John Willow

They do have their moments, the "We're cuter than this" song was the highlight for me. I guess I just want to see more from them

13. Cloudane

Yeah on both LPS and MLP they seemed to go through a phase of going completely nuts on songs. I've noticed it kinda stopped with MLP S5

14. Wonderbolt

Wonderbolt Honorary Pony

So I have finished watching series 1 (I would watch faster but I am binge watching Adventure time aswell at the moment) and I totally love this show, its just so funny and best of all the music (love how they do so many styles) and pop culture references.

MCtoastie and Cloudane like this.
  15. MCtoastie

Gave this a watch last night (only up to ep 6 so far) and even though it's no MLP, I'm really liking it. I did think the first ep was a bit meh but I think that was because I was comparing everything to MLP. It didn't help that Blythe sounded exactly like RD right down to the screams, Vinnie sounds like Snails and the Biskit twins reminded me of Diamond Tiara and Silver Spoon, but after I stopped comparing and just watched, it was pretty good :D

Cloudane and Wonderbolt like this.
  16. Cloudane

Blythey channels AJ a few times as well :p But definitely Dash most of the time!

17. Wonderbolt

Wonderbolt Honorary Pony

So I am finally up to date and have seen all the episodes, really enjoyed pet fest, anyone know when Series 4 starts?

18. MCtoastie

I finished season one on Friday and managed to get 4 episodes in on Saturday of season two, really enjoying this. Love the butler for the biskit twins :p

#178 MCtoastie, 27 September 2015
    Last edited: 27 September 2015
    Wonderbolt likes this.
  19. Wonderbolt

Wonderbolt Honorary Pony

lol how he secretly patronises the Biskitts.

MCtoastie likes this.
  20. MCtoastie

Haha, yeah he just doesn't care. Also I like how they have a wardrobe full of laptops, don't they know they'll be outdated in a few months :p

Wonderbolt likes this.