1. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Lysander's Drawings

Discussion in 'Art and Drawings' started by Welkin, 15 March 2017.

1. Welkin

Welkin Recognised Pony

I'm really bad at self promotion so lets see how this goes.

I've been drawing MLP stuff for a while now, and never really got any good at it. Recently I moved house and finally had enough space for a drawing board, although I use the board for other projects its finally given me a decent space to practice drawing and try out different things

For example my drawings have gone from being very digitised and done almost completely on SAI
    [​IMG]

To being dip penned and then coloured in SAI.

[​IMG]
    and
    [​IMG]

So this thread is pretty much going to be another place that I post my stuff. I also do videos of the drawing process for those who might care to watch.

I am also considering doing pay what you want commissions if anyone is interested, I draw on 110x75mm cards at the moment before scanning and colouring so the physical drawing could be posted too if desired.

My main focuses at the moment are getting my anatomy and shading sorted, its still really hard for me, most of my non-MLP drawings are technical drawings or of machinery so there isn't much chance to practice that otherwise.

Stormblaze likes this.
  2. Welkin

Welkin Recognised Pony

New set of doodles. I've been playing quite a bit of Battlezone 98 redux recently, it was quite a big part of my childhood so its cool to play it again. Anyway, plane ponies are a thing, so why not tank ponies?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Pilla likes this.
  3. Pilla

Pilla Honorary Pony

Hm! Nicely done ^^

4. Welkin

Welkin Recognised Pony

Thanks! :)

I had a go at drawing Rarity the other night, now its spring the whole scarf and sunglasses thing seemed appropriate.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Welkin

Welkin Recognised Pony

Another go at the fighter from Battlezone
    [​IMG]

6. Welkin

Welkin Recognised Pony

Another ponified unit from Battlezone, some of these are really difficult to have them come out cute. Hopefully the rocket visor idea helps with that a little.
    [​IMG]