1. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Main series comic 16 discussion

Discussion in 'MLP Comic Series Discussion' started by Loganberry, 3 February 2014.

1. Loganberry

Loganberry Element of Custard

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    Issue: Main series #16
    Release date: Wed 5 Feb 2014
    Writer: Heather Nuhfer
    Artist: Amy Mebberson:
    Colourist: Heather Breckel

Synopsis: "The literary madness continues as the Bookworm burrows deeper into everypony's favorite books! As more stories come to life, the only chance our ponies will have to save the day is to write their own version of the tale! Can their collaboration get on the same page? Read on!"

As ComicsList states that issue #16 of the main series is coming out this Wednesday and Comics Alliance's preview is available (spoilery, obviously), it's probably time to start a thread for it. I haven't been able to find an image of the A cover by Sara Richard, so above are shown the B cover by Amy Mebberson and the RI cover by Bill Forster. Discuss away! :)

#1 Loganberry, 3 February 2014
    Last edited: 4 February 2014
  2. vaska00762

vaska00762 R6 Siege fan

I'm hoping I'll be able to find this issue in the Forbidden Planet next time I'm there...

3. Loganberry

The Worcester meet clashed, so I wasn't able to pick up a paper copy; I'll order one of those. Thankfully Comixology is offering it digitally! I've had a quick read of this issue now and I'm really not sure what to make of it. Enough references to make Cook and Price cry, that's for sure. The last few pages seemed a bit weird, but I'll need another read to decide whether it's good-weird or bad-weird. Still not that fond of the bookworm-monster's design, though.

4. Loganberry

Gosh, it's busy in here. :p All right, here's the Louder Yay review. This one got 7/10, as I felt it was a bit better than its predecessor but still not really a true great. The references were amusing, as was the Queen, but somehow the ending left me feeling a bit flat. Next month's issue will be the start of an arc I suspect may get rather more attention!

5. Atom Flash

Atom Flash Adeptus Mechanicus Brony

Heyya, I picked up the second part yesterday, I did love the story but the ending wasn't brilliant, I won't say any details for obvious reasons, but there could've been a cooler ending if they gave it a little more thought :)

6. Loganberry

If you want to say something in a comment but don't want to spoil other readers, you can use spoiler tags. :)
    Like this!
    And yes, I do rather agree with you about the ending: it did seem a little bit underwhelming.

Atom Flash likes this.
  7. Dax

Dax The Great and Powerful Daxie

GAAAAAAAa! I love this comic so so much.

So many references that my head hurt!

I actually screamed very loudly when I saw Daenerys Targaryen pony and then again when they parodied Star Trek. Tolkein, Dr Who (the War Lord), any many many other references.

I think my brain melted it was that good.

8. Mewn

Mewn Favoured Class: Cleric of Luna

Late to the party, but this was much better than #15 and it sorta rescued the arc for me. I say sorta because I still think this, like the pirate arc, was a bit mediocre. Next arc should be amazing though :D