1. Traders' Corner
    You should not post, link to or advertise anything which breaches the intellectual property rights or infringes upon the copyrights of another person or organisation.
  2. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Mare Play UK - Updates Thread

Discussion in 'The Trader's Corner' started by Blueflow, 9 October 2012.

1. Blueflow

Blueflow UK's Largest MLP Vendor

I got a new business-dedicated number now instead of my personal phone number, but I have like 1,000 business cards with the old number on xD

sten whik likes this.
  2. BLame

BLame That Devonshire Mug.

A friend and I just placed an order for a new Canterlot Nights deck and one of the collectors tins each, so we're super excited for when those release.

We had a couple of comments and observations about the new site, should I post them here or e-mail them in?

3. Blueflow

Thank you for the orders ^w^

Feel free to post publicly, I aim to be as transparent as possible as a business ;3

4. BLame

Righto then, just a few relatively minor things, although the last point could potentially have been an issue.

- The Luna Canterlot Nights deck seems to have a mistake in the item description, in that it is listed as being a Celestia deck. I'm assuming it originally copied from the Celestia deck description to save time, but switching 'Celestia' for 'Luna' was overlooked.

- We felt that the search box along the top could possibly have been in a colour that wasn't the same as the page itself, so it stood out a little more and was easier to find with a cursory glance, maybe a grey backing for the box might work or a discrete border for it. That's just a very minor opinion on our part though regarding accessibility.

- Lastly, when we both checked out and paid via Paypal, we were redirected to Paypal as the site said, but after payment was completed, we were returned to the very same screen redirection screen with the button to do it manually. Now it didn't redirect us again, but my friend wasn't entirely sure if the payment had completed or not as a result of this. I assumed it had and we had the Paypal receipts to confirm it, but I think it could've been an issue for someone less wary which may have lead to double payment. Not sure if this was just something we both happened to run into, or it's an outcome that can be reproduced, but it may be worth looking into it and setting up a post-transaction screen to make it clear everything is sorted (if there isn't one already).

Really loving the site besides those points though, and I'll be glad to return when I'm in need of future miniature equine swag.

Blueflow likes this.
  5. Blueflow

Thanks for the feedback. I'll fix the CN deck right now. As for the box, I'll see if I can tinker with the HTML code. I'll be contacting support today in order to find out why customers are not being redirected to a successful payment page.

I should note I've had double-payments in the past that have been refunded ^w^

EDIT - This has now been fixed. Customers are taken to a successful payment page after placing an order.

#545 Blueflow, 23 April 2014
    Last edited: 23 April 2014
  6. Blueflow

HUGE NEWS:

I never thought this day would come, but here it is. It really goes to show the hard work and dedication I put into what I do is paying off. I am truly humbled to make the following announcement:

Mare Play UK has teamed up with Best Damn Toys to gain EXCLUSIVE UK rights to a limited-edition set of convention comic covers! These will only be available in 2 places in the world - Plastic Empire's stand at Wizard World Comic Con and with me.

The colour convention variant is limited to 800 worldwide:

The sketch convention variant is limited to 400 worldwide:

Note I am limited to only 66 Colour and 34 Sketch. Prices and UK landing dates are TBA.

You can also be in with a chance of WINNING either of these comic covers using the links above.

~ Bunny

P.S - Bomb this information to EqD - they might actually give me a slot for once

#546 Blueflow, 27 April 2014
    Last edited: 27 April 2014
  7. Mr.Offspring

Mr.Offspring Fancy pony

WANT IT NEED IT !!!

Blueflow likes this.
  8. Depridabo

Depridabo Recognised Pony

Congratulations man, you've defo earned the right to sell awesome stuff like this XD

Blueflow likes this.
  9. BLame

With the recent push backs on releases by Enterplay, would it be possible to change our Canterlot Nights orders to be collected at London MCM? I'm not sure if Mareplay has a stall there this time around or not, or if collecting orders somewhere like that is a possibility. Thanks for your time.

10. Silvermoon

Silvermoon Active Pony

11. Blueflow

I'm on EQD! http://www.equestriadaily.com/2014/05/vendors-and-merch-at-buck-2014.html

Also, now available for pre-order:

- Funko Applejack
    - Funko Big Mac
    - Elements of harmony friends set
    - Rainbow pony favourites set

Head over to the 'coming soon' section to find them all:

Finally, all winners of the BUCK promotion have come forward to claim their prizes. There will therefore be no re-pulls. Thank you to everyone who entered and for supporting Mare Play UK.

~ Bunny

12. Blueflow

UPDATE 18/06/2014

Credit and Debit cards are now accepted on the website.

New Products:

- Rarity Collector's Box

Pre-Orders:

- Funko Applejack
    - Funko Big Mac
    - Funko Spitfire

~ Bunny <3

Bronydiferous likes this.
  13. ParsleyParsnips

ParsleyParsnips Fan Fiction Writer

That moment when I pre-ordered a Spitfire ages ago :(

14. Blueflow

They are still on pre-order, just throwing out the advertisement. They are due next week by the way ;3

ParsleyParsnips likes this.