1. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

MCM May 2014 Feedback

Discussion in 'Event Feedback' started by Alfie, 24 May 2014.

1. ecmc1093

ecmc1093 floof

Probably the weirdest thing to happen this weekend was seeing a friend I haven't seen for years helping run my favourite stall at the con (the one with hats, and lots of pony + pokemon plushies). It was random and bizarre :p

Missed out on the weekend ticket this time round, so I didn't go friday. Luckily arrived early enough on saturday and sunday to avoid painfully long queues, despite also missing out on the saturday priority ticket and having to get one on the day (conveniently, the general entry was an hour later than I thought it was, so I ended up accidentally being there 2 and a half hours in advance).

Anyways yeah, con was fun. And tiring. I sort of popped along to, uh... "look" at the meetup on saturday :p I needed to take a break (one of many throughout the day) to eat lunch anyway, so I thought I'd just check it out. Spent most money on saturday, sunday was more chill and just strolling around, though I did make one significant purchase on that day. I also took time to wait for a chance to play a 4 player Mario Kart 8 grand prix (which I won :D) on the big screen at the Nintendo hub, that was a lot of fun! During one of my breaks on sunday a random guy wanted a pokemon battle with me, which I also won by a smidgeon :p

So yeah, that's about all I have to say about the con itself I think. Now for the loot.

On saturday:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And my big sunday purchase is something I've wanted for a while :3
    [​IMG]

BRJ and DynamiteMonkey like this.
  2. Riorus

Riorus The Phoenix King

I couldn't find these! It made me so sad because they were amazing.

3. I'dLikeToBeATree

I'dLikeToBeATree Crystal Gem Pony

Awwww *___* I love their chibi ponies too - I have a little filly!Fluttershy from them and she was one of the first plushies I ever got ^.^

I may have to enlist my...sources to grab a Flutterbat at the next expo :p I hope they're still doing them!

BRJ likes this.
  4. Greetings

Greetings Greetings

Hi everyone just to let you all know i have gotten to the point, where I am now editing the photographers from the Brony meet.
    I have only just gotten to them, because there was a hell of a lot of photographs in front of the brony meet.
    They can be found here https://www.facebook.com/SLBAbstract
    Note I am still editing through them and there are quite a few to be added

#84 Greetings, 28 May 2014
    Last edited: 28 May 2014
    DynamiteMonkey and Riorus like this.
  5. BRJ

BRJ The King benieth the Dome

If you're going to BUCK I know Eden will be selling plushies there - perhaps you won't need to wait till October?

6. raven4ever

raven4ever Active Pony

oooh did I hear someone ask about a scarf?

7. raven4ever

raven4ever Active Pony

Well that's a pinkie to rival mine XD

BRJ likes this.
  8. Whoosh-Shy

Whoosh-Shy travels at 300 whooshes per hour

The BUCK tickets are £80, and its right before my birthday... and I have no money

9. vger

vger Habitual Pony

Well I had a great time at the meet, I was the tall guy in the hat and Star Trek t-shirt slowly cooking to death, you would think that i would know by now that thick hats and cons do not go well together.

I'll admit I'm not the most social but I did manage to chat to a few people, thanks for making me feel welcome.

As for the queue fiasco is it bad of me to say I didn't have any trouble with it mostly due to a mistake on my part (there were only signs directing you down the weekend ticket queue from the car parking underneath), although I will admit it seemed to be more convoluted than last time. one of these cons they might get it right?

10. Whoosh-Shy

Whoosh-Shy travels at 300 whooshes per hour

Yeah, I tried to find you, after the guy with the twiley scarf who directed me towards the person who had knowledge of said scarves and where I could aquire them, and his his words were..."It's the really hot Pinkie Pie, in the corset"

sleazyrum likes this.
  11. BRJ

BRJ The King benieth the Dome

You can never have too many Pinkie Pies. :D SeewhatIdidthere...

Shads666, raven4ever and SmartyShy like this.
  12. SmartyShy

SmartyShy Katie's huggie bear and Guardian Angel

Sadly we did ;)

13. raven4ever

raven4ever Active Pony

Awwww *blush* but yea if you want to see my "winter wrap-ups" line so far (yes I know), my site is www.facebook.com/KDJ.Design

This is also for anyone else who saw the lovely @Spyker modeling my latest scarf creation. I'm also taking commissions for hand-knitted mobile phone purses and wristbands :)

Spyker likes this.
  14. Riorus

Riorus The Phoenix King

Ooh I want all of these scarves! That Discord one is so cool.

raven4ever likes this.
  15. Joesephius

Joesephius Josyposy

More fabulous neckwear to go with your ties.

raven4ever, DynamiteMonkey and Riorus like this.
  16. ahoykira

ahoykira Active Pony

My MCM weekend was brilliant :D Unfortunately I missed the meet because the RWBY meet was at the same time and I had to try and keep a lid on the 'Mark Nut' shouting. But, got lots of shiny new figures, anime and lots of pony pictures taken. So all in all, a brilliant weekend :)

Greetings likes this.
  17. OmegaJasam

OmegaJasam Pony

MCM was mostly good as always, traveling back always feels like traveling to the stoneage though. XD (Devon. See @BLame 's post for an apt description of the place).

Only ponyish swag was one of Eden's bats in a fluttershy like colour scheme, and it's to be a gift for my sister who couldn't make it last minute.
    The eveelotion plushies however, have doubled. ^-^'

Oddly enough, I heard @I'dLikeToBeATree 's exact story being given to a mcm servy person while eating my lunch on Sunday. Either it hit a lot of people, or I was literally like 2 ft away and hadn't noticed ^-^''''.

18. Greetings

Greetings Greetings

19. Shads666

Shads666 President Cranky Cool for re-election

Upload the group shots lol

Greetings likes this.
  20. Greetings

Greetings Greetings

K will do although I already gave them to @electrokitty