1. Hey, Guest. You will require a character before you will be able to participate. You can apply for that by clicking here.
  2. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Other Mine Craft

Discussion in 'Main Roleplay' started by CyberneticPony, 5 January 2013.

1. CyberneticPony

CyberneticPony Ab alio expectes alteri quod feceris.

Private thread with Hot Streak; Eiro may join if she wants but ask me on Skype first because we need to work out how to treat Fury's disappearance (Finerkill went to hospital and never came back...)

What happened in the depths of the cave Bold would have to keep secret forever, but Fury was gone. Bold looked at the ceiling of the mouth of her cave, which had now been left wider from the presence of an explosion. She had taken ages to clear the rocks, and now that she had, she realized she would need to rework the cave to make it smaller once again, and that would take some heavy duty tools she wasn't capable of manning herself, let alone obtain without arousing suspicion.

A single tear left her eye from the thought of Fury, but she realized she would have to move on. She was running into plenty of problems lately, and although she didn't believe in karma, she wondered if some external force was setting these events into motion, even though she knew there was no logic in thinking about such things as untestable hypotheses since they would be forever useless.

Reconstructing the insides had been a breeze. Since most of her belongings were packed securely, she had been able to fix her room up nicely. She was running low on dragon powder but she was sure she'd be able to purchase some more at the market. Bold stepped outside, trying to pull up a large rock but failing to lift it. There was no way she would be able to move these into place, let alone fuse them.

"If I was a unicorn, I could just melt these rocks into the cave; sure it'd take some immense heat, but unicorns seem to draw energy from the banks of their idiocy, which probably could reach an infinite size if they really tried," Bold muttered out loud.

#1 CyberneticPony, 5 January 2013
    Last edited: 5 January 2013
  2. MegaTank

MegaTank The guy that does the thing at the place

Hot Streak's trail through the forest was quickly going from bad to worse, as hours of fruitless walking was now being topped off by heavy rain. Her second torch had now been completed doused, leaving her to press on ahead and hope some luck would come her way sooner rather than later. As she looked off in the distance, it looked like her luck was about to pay off for once.

An opening that looked like a cave was just beyond the next stretch of trees. It was too far to tell from where she was standing, but anything was better than running around through the freezing rain any longer. Hot Streak made haste to the opening, only just keeping her eyes open to avoid getting blinded by the rain. Hot Streak made it inside and stopped for a moment to catch her breath, before shaking off what water she could from her coat.

It was almost pitch dark from where she was standing and her torches were still too wet to try and light up again, so Hot Streak reluctantly lit a flame at the end of her horn to light things up. It was it this point she noticed to wooden supports along the cave walls.

"A mine..." she murmured. There probably wasn't much for her to find here. Even so, it was best she hang around until the rain let up. Hot Streak laid out a few loose pieces of wood and lit them up in an effort to dry off.

3. CyberneticPony

A light shone in front of Bold, revealing the face of a unicorn. The unicorn somehow hadn't spotted her, even though the absence of light meant the fire had illuminated the surroundings, the pony hadn't paid too much attention inside. Bold quickly backed off, wondering if she would be unlucky enough to have been spotted by a second investigator, in which case, it was probably best she was caught rather than go down to the horror deep in the cave.

Bold moved into her room, but rather than packing up her stuff, she constructed a crude barricade to close the door. Peering out of the crack, the pony setup a fireplace at the mouth of her cave. Bold was convinced this was just a traveler, rather than an investigator, so she relaxed the barricade.

"Let's have some fun for a change, I wonder what happens when you scare a camper!" Bold thought excitedly as she opened the mine door, and put on her coldest face.

Moving towards the fireplace, she sprayed herself with dragon powder, creating the illusion of a dirty green, ghost-like pony.

"Whoosh" she said in a menacing tone, trying to emulate the sound of wind, although it sounded more like a poorly used onomatopoeia.

4. MegaTank

Hot Streak was looking forlornly at the small fire she had created when her thoughts were interrupted by the weird sound she heard coming at her. She lit a bright flame on the end of her horn to try and investigate. She was caught completely off guard by what she found. Whether it was the fact somepony else was here or that they looked so disconcerting wasn't clear, but Hot Streak panicked and shot a stray burst of fire. Worse still it managed to land itself on one of the support struts, lighting it up.

"No, no, no..." Hot Struck stammered, forgetting about whatever else it was in the mine and trying to stamp out the fire.

5. CyberneticPony

Bold saw the reckless pony set off one of the wooden supports to the opening of her cave. The explosions had left them intact, but the fire would easily burn them out, potentially causing another cave-in. Bold wasn't going to allow that to happen. Quickly running back into her home, she retrieved a bottle of water, and returning, threw it to extinguish the fire. Luckily it hadn't spread overly far due to her quick reactions, and although the bottle of water had left some flame still burning, she stomped out the rest.

Bold Answer then looked firmly at the outsider, who now seemed to be a massive liability to the safety of her home.

"This is sacred ground," she began ominously, "leave, or remain here forever." Bold smiled, giving away the hilarity of the terrible ruse.

6. MegaTank

Everything had seemed shady at best so far, but that smile had just torn it.

"A mine, sacred. Riiiiiight...." Hot Streak snarked. "Look, if you don't want me here just say so. Just don't expect me to go out into the rain. And definitely don't startle me, or... well you saw what happened." Hot Streak looked away sheepishly. "I won't bother you any more, I promise."

7. CyberneticPony

"Not a mine, but mine," Bold Answer said with a joking tone. "However, you're in an area that's restricted; I am a... mining official, and the mine here has had problems of a certain nature I can't quite disclose; you're welcome to stay here for now, but must leave as soon as possible. I recommend you don't travel deeper down the mine unless you want to put yourself in unnecessary danger, " Bold warned, but at the same time hoped the strange would go down there. If the stranger was allowed into the wild, she would be a liability. Bold would have to see what she did, and get rid of her if she proved a threat. Hopefully she would believe the innocent enough story.

8. MegaTank

"Fine then. Now if you'll excuse me," Hot Streak trailed off. She unrolled her makeshift bed and lay down, going to sleep just a couple of minutes later.

She was awoken some time later by the smell of smoke. As she opened her eyes, she noticed the fire she had going in front of her had gone down to a few red cinders, leaving the shaft completely dark. Hot Streak realized that must have meant it was still night outside. She lit up the end of her horn and took a look around. No sign of the mine's other occupant.

"Hello?" Hot Streak called out. A few seconds of dead silence followed. She decided to explore a bit deeper. That other pony wouldn't approve, but there was no reason she had to know...

9. CyberneticPony

Bold Answer slept, undisturbed by the pony's sneaking into the inner depths. But the caves were not oblivious to the presence of Hot Streak within their chambers. The fauna immediately set into life in the inner depths of what had formerly been a mine, and now a tomb. Swarms of spiders ran across the walls of various blocked tunnels, traversing cracks into the inner sanctum that had been transformed into their breeding ground. Bats, feeding off the cave-life, flew in their colonies. The decomposing body of a pony lay in the central chamber, locked in the grip of a rotting carcass of a giant arachnid, which was filled with a combination of rock, wood and metal shards that had been inserted into it in an attempt to slay it.

The old machinery that remained creaked with the slight tremors in the ground. Painful metallic screeches resounded sonorously across the area. The cave created an atmosphere of fear and was filled with the stench of pestilence.

The darkness added to the fear. Although there were plenty of old, extinguished torches everywhere, most by now would refuse to light. Only near the cave entrance and first tunnel, the area Bold had settled in, had any sort of lighting equipment that was usable, and even then it relied on the finite source of dragon powder, which was almost running dry due to the recent incident.
    Two unused sticks of dynamite were logged in the side of the tunnel, in sight of Hot Streak, next to what appeared to be a memorial tombstone for a pony marked "Fury".