1. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

MLP airing on Tiny Pop soon

Discussion in 'General My Little Pony Discussion' started by Willem Hattingh, 8 September 2013.

1. Willem Hattingh

Willem Hattingh Ghost of Perdition

Any thoughts?
    I think it would feel a lot weirder to go into my living room and switch on Tiny Pop than it is to watch My Little Pony any other way, but this is quite the opportunity to catch up with season 4 episodes (when it's time ofc) otherwise. Hopefully, this isn't on for such a short time like it was on Boomerang once apparently.

2. Cloudane

Cloudane Element of Mostly Excessive Verbosity

Interesting - yeah hope they show the full thing and not just part of season 1 like Boomerang did.

Willem Hattingh likes this.
  3. Cendaquenta

Cendaquenta she / they

On the one hoof - HOORAY! :D
    On the other hoof... *sigh* I knew they'd put it on a Sky channel. A significant amount of Brits, including myself, still won't be able to watch it even now.
    As for how much they'll show - since the promos seem to be entirely based on the Season 3 premiere, they'll either be showing everything... or just Season 3, which wouldn't be any better than what Boomerang did. I suspect the latter, since the UK always seems to get the short end of the stick as far as Hasbro's concerned.

4. Nopony

Nopony Star Wars!

Tiny Pop I have that! yay!

5. Eiro

Eiro Cutie Cuddly Wuddly Huggily Princess

you know im not at all surprised, i mean they have littlest pet shop on pop and isnt that hasbro aswell, to be honest i was wondering how long it would take before this did come about, im glad its finally gonna be back on TV over here not that ill get the chance to watch it be hey.

6. Willem Hattingh

Willem Hattingh Ghost of Perdition

The whole Sky thing's not too much of a problem for me. Friendship is Magic and the UK aren't really a reliable combination, but I can only hope for the best out of whatever us Brits are gonna get.

On the other hand hoof, what I would personally prefer is somewhere online to stream each of the newer episodes live at at least a watchable video quality.

7. FlynnyHooves

FlynnyHooves Recognised Pony

Tiny pop is available on Sky and Freesat, not available on Freeview, Virgin Media, or BT for those who are unsure. My parents have Freesat, yay!

But it will be very weird going into the living room, when I am back, and putting on Tiny Pop.

Wonder how big the ratings spike will be...

8. Sweet Tale

Sweet Tale Honorary Pony

Woop woop! I'll be sure to watch this! :D

9. Silver Broom

Silver Broom Tireless Traveller

Will be interesting to see which episodes/seasons they show. Will S1/S2 get sown at all? The clips seem to be from the Crystal Empire arc.

At least it's on some channel in the UK, but like many others I don't have Sky. I have Virgin Media, which Pop/Tiny Pop apparently used to be on, but are no longer. :(

10. electrokitty

electrokitty Coffee Enthusiast

Wow, it's certainly good to see that we might finally get an official showing over here, even if it is on an awkward channel. I jutst have freeview at home, although it is available on freesat, so it might even be worth setting up a dish and receiver just for this. They're fairly cheap now.

11. Alfie

Alfie Banned User

Hooray for having Tiny Pop.

12. Loganberry

Loganberry Element of Custard

A bit of a non-starter for me as I'm a Freeview pony, and my town is full of listed buildings (=dish restrictions) anyway. Mind you, there's no cable here either. :p Obviously this is better than nothing for those who do have satellite, but it still frustrates me that a show that has a proven record elsewhere isn't being shown on a channel a bit more mainstream than this one.

13. Cloudane

Cloudane Element of Mostly Excessive Verbosity

Not that it affects me directly, I just use the US Netflix and such like.

But it's good news as I want this show to be better known in the UK. It was made for kids, and I want kids to see it and enjoy it, not just us internet nerds :p (in a sense it's a shame there are so many channels. It'd be good if it was still the "4 channels" era, when it'd probably have been aired on BBC on a Saturday morning or something)

14. Silver Broom

Silver Broom Tireless Traveller

Unfortunately I live in a listed building so I'm not even allowed to install a satellite dish for Freesat. :(

15. SonicCharge

SonicCharge Former Rain Cloud.

I looked on the former programs. and they did show the old generations of mlp.

16. Becca

Becca Gone fishing.

If you have an old Sky box, an FTA satellite receiver, or Freesat, you have TinyPop. I knew that Pop was airing Littlest Pet Shop, so I was sort of hoping for this. It's channel 617 on Sky and 605 on Freesat. You don't have to actually have a Sky subscription (or even a viewing card), just the old box and the cable coming down from the satellite dish, because this is a free channel.

It also is on Virgin Media but for some reason despite it being a free-to-air channel over satellite, it's only included in the L and XL TV packages.

Funnily enough this is one of my brother's favourite channels, which he first watched as it was the only English kids channel when we were away last summer, so I might have myself a four year old brony-brother when I come back from uni... *crosses fingers*. Considering the quality of the programming on there, this should be a massive step up from the *bleep* they're usually showing, and I can't really see them doing a Boomerang on us.

TinyPop is a free channel!

17. Silvarrn

Silvarrn Wonderbolt

Virgin 737 according to the Tinypop site

Watch the Tiny Pop TV channel every day on Sky 617, Virgin 737 and Freesat 605.

18. mattyhex

mattyhex Fwuffy Cheetah

I won't be able to watch it (no dish allowed on the building, and I'm too cheap to get Virgin's cable offering (or a TV-License for that matter...)) but hopefully they actually release the episodes properly and don't muddy around with the seasons and things...

19. FlynnyHooves

FlynnyHooves Recognised Pony

Really? I just checked the Virgin Media site for TV listings and it wasn't there!

EDIT - It is on Virgin Media. But you have to be on their L or XL packages - M and M+ do not have Tiny Pop though - and their TV listings online didn't show all the channels. My bad!

20. Tad

Tad Comes and goes ...

Looks like it's coming back to UK TV :)

Greetings likes this.