1. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

MLP FiM comic discussion

Discussion in 'MLP Comic Series Discussion' started by FireSparkle, 4 September 2012.

1. Pigasus

Pigasus Hogs the bed

Blenders are wonderful things

Cendaquenta likes this.
  2. Bronydiferous

Bronydiferous 'Diferous

Oh, the typo... Lol. The amount of chilli I had on it, eating it slowly was the only was to go!

3. sten whik

sten whik Space

4. moody magpie

moody magpie One shall stand, one shall fall.

5. Loganberry

Loganberry Element of Custard

Hmm, I wonder what happened there? There was no "Reserve not met" label, so the seller would be in trouble with eBay if they simply refused to sell because they didn't like the winning price.

Mind you, given the ludicrous price they've slapped on this time, I suspect their income from this sale will be approximately £0.00. :p

Edit: also, the seller is still asking for 99p postage on top! Now that's just taking the mick.

Cendaquenta likes this.
  6. Irregular Apocalypse

Irregular Apocalypse Follo teh oranj hoers ...

One of the many reasons why eBay always has the capacity to astound and amaze :rolleyes:

Now I'm going to hazard a guess that that particular cover is difficult to get hold of, but is it nearly £100-worth of difficult? (semi-serious question) - at that price I'd at least expect free postage :p

I'll stick to the anthologies, I reckon ...

7. sten whik

sten whik Space

It could be a different copy, just using the same images (which is bad enough in itself). If that is the case then the seller could also have decided to overcharge because they didn't get what they expected with the last one in auction.

Loganberry likes this.
  8. Loganberry

It's genuinely quite rare, since a) it's a 1:25 Retailer Incentive cover, and b) it completes a set of the Mane Six in this style -- the other five are much easier to get.

But the last copy I can find that sold in the UK before this guy put theirs up went for £25, so I'd say £99 was... ambitious. :p

9. Pub Crawler

Pub Crawler Prince of Pints

If you, or anyone else for that matter finds another one at that price, please list. Do need to get that one at some point to finish my collection. Slowly but surely filling in the gaps. +)

10. Loganberry

All the gaps? Including the "12 copies worldwide" one, hmmm? ;)

But yep, I'll try to mention it if I see it when it next appears. As I say, it's not a cover I'm that interested in myself, so unless that changes I'm happy to help anyone else get hold of it. :)

11. sten whik

sten whik Space

There's only one copy of this one. :p
    I consider the value of it to be about £7000
    MyLittlePonyFriendshipIsMagic12Million1.jpg

Also there's the Black Label #1 Comicfolios that are limited to 50 copies and have an RRP of $350 but I don't think anyone has ever bought one because they've been sitting on the IDW store for years.

12. Pub Crawler

Pub Crawler Prince of Pints

*eye twitch* I'd love to get the million issue exclusive, more the humorous Shining Armor one, although I do have a soft spot for the pastel covers. Maybe if I ever win the lottery or find a genie...

Also I should clarify, when I said "all the gaps". That's all the cover variants that interest me, not a 100% collection. Some of the cover art available just doesn't appeal to me, plus I don't feel its right getting con covers for a con that I didn't go to, kinda like I'm taking someone else's memories of that time. That being said, I'm not far off owning all of the issue 1's, not including the special boxsets/black label etc. Just need to track down the Hot Topic one and the Penny Press 1:100 variant.

13. sten whik

sten whik Space

Have you even got some of those awful Dynamic Forces covers that I showed off in the Unique Covers thread? :p

14. Loganberry

Interesting -- that's never really bothered me. For example, the SDCC variant of main-series #32 (the retro-themed one seen here) is one I wanted the moment I saw it, and snapped up when it appeared at a sensible price on eBay. I would feel awkward if I were depriving people who did attend of the cover, but that's not the case here.

Hot Topic #1 is the Doctor/Derpy one, right? As seen on this listing? That seller won't ship to the UK, though, and the comic's condition isn't great anyway. I didn't think it was that rare -- I've certainly seen it around when I've been looking for other covers. But since it's not one I'm really after, I don't know a lot of details on that score.

15. moody magpie

You know all this talk of rare covers reminds me of last year when I went to Auto Assembly which is a Transformers convention. One of the comic book writers had a pile of exclusive copies of More than meets the eye which had Vinyl Scratch on it, when I asked how much it was, he replied as it was an exclusive it was bit more than normal. Which turned out to be just a fiver a bit bargain especially as I got it signed by the writer, the artist and the colourist for free. Fast forward two months later at last year's UK Ponycon and I see the same comic being sold for £30! I feel sorry to who ever brought that at that price.

16. sten whik

sten whik Space

I think I read somewhere that there's only 600 of each of the two pony variants of that comic. If that is the case I'd value a copy at £30 - £50. A quick check on eBay shows idiots trying to sell them at £100 and sets of two at £300 :rolleyes: though they have been graded for some reason.

#3056 sten whik, 14 August 2015
    Last edited: 14 August 2015
  17. Loganberry

18. sten whik

sten whik Space

And if I had the money right now I would actually buy them. :p
    Do you think there would be interest in my spares of Main Series 1-16 and Macro Series on this forum? I realised recently that I'm missing most of the standard variants for main series #2, I don't know if I simply forgot to buy them or owned and somehow lost them.

19. Loganberry

Possibly a question for someone like @Pub Crawler, who's actually advertised comics here whereas I haven't!

Most people starting out on the comics now seem to prefer to buy the trade paperbacks, which now cover all the issues you mention, so I wouldn't get your hopes up too high unless you have some interesting cover variants for sale. Still, there's nothing stopping you putting up a thread in Trader's Corner to see what happens. We don't charge fees around here, after all! :p

20. moody magpie

Huh seeing how much people are selling this for makes me want to put my copy on Ebay, but I don't think anyone wants a comic that's says "for Stewart" on it lol!