1. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

MLP FiM comic discussion

Discussion in 'MLP Comic Series Discussion' started by FireSparkle, 4 September 2012.

1. Pub Crawler

Pub Crawler Prince of Pints

2. Loganberry

Loganberry Element of Custard

I love that said comic's genre is listed as War. :p

Already £11.50 with a long time to go. I suspect it may not end up much of a bargain in the end, but good luck anyway! :)

And no, I'm not going for it. My Hearth's Warming targets this year lie away from the comic world, unless they suddenly put out the Art Gallery II that's already months late...

3. Pub Crawler

^^ Got it for a steal at £15 inc p&p. I'ma go do my happy dance now. +)

Bronydiferous and sten whik like this.
  4. Bronydiferous

Bronydiferous 'Diferous

I think I was bidding against you. Er... Sorry about that.... Was hoping to bid again but was at work. Well played. Lol. I'll have to keep my eyes open for another one....

5. Cloudane

Cloudane Element of Mostly Excessive Verbosity

Looks like it's going to go the way it does every month: look in town's Tesco Express pretty much every day, give up and go through to other town to get it in the big Tesco, see it in Tesco Express the next day...

6. Loganberry

Unless you have a really impressive Tesco Express, I somehow suspect you meant to post that in another thread. ;)

Wonderbolt likes this.
  7. Cloudane

Cloudane Element of Mostly Excessive Verbosity

Comic, magazine, what's the difference :p

Loganberry likes this.
  8. Irregular Apocalypse

Irregular Apocalypse Follo teh oranj hoers ...

Cover art for issue 42

[​IMG]

The *thunk* you heard was my jaw hitting the floor.

Eliki, Loganberry, Wonderbolt and 4 others like this.
  9. Laurence Hammond

Laurence Hammond I play to win!

Haha that's an awesome cover, very colourful

10. Pub Crawler

I need that cover just for the Pimp Gummy!

11. Loganberry

I see "Cook · Price" on that cover, but not "Breckel". Does that mean that Price did the colouring himself?

Either way, I need this one, even if it's the worst story ever! I'd basically be paying £2.75 for a print with a comic attached, and I can deal with that! :)

Eliki likes this.
  12. Irregular Apocalypse

I believe he did, in this particular case. He mentioned it a few times on his Twitter feed.

My sentiments exactly - I prefer to go for anthologies, but I have to get this.

And since when was Gummy a pimp for Fluttershy's chickens? Pinkie Pie's mind is a scary place indeed :p

EDIT: Just seen the subscription cover in the EqD article ... it's .... surreal. Giant devil bunnyAngel with lasers for eyes, anyone? :confused:

#3092 Irregular Apocalypse, 17 February 2016
    Last edited: 17 February 2016
  13. Pub Crawler

I didn't notice the unprocessed nuggets behind him, but then I was imagining Gummy as Huggy Bear at the time. "Word on the street is, that the changleing said, *slow blink*"

Also now that I've seen the sub cover thanks to your hint, that's yet another upcoming month where I'll probably be getting all versions. They seem to be pulling overtime with the sweet covers in the foreseeable future.

14. ZeroG

ZeroG Gamer Pegasi Extraordinaire

We all kinda knew that Pinkie had that....banging monkey or some sort in her head

15. Bronydiferous

Bronydiferous 'Diferous

Has anyone bought the omnibus of the main series? (I think it has the first 12 issues or something along those lines.) It's also a fraction smaller in physical size.

I'm considering having a clear out (soon to be listed on UKoE I'm sure...) and buying some of the volumes instead. I'm unsure of the omnibus but sorely tempted...

16. Irregular Apocalypse

There's nothing particularly special about them other than a way of getting 12 issues-worth of material in one place - there are three omnibuses (omnibi?) now: 1 covers issues 1-12, 2 covers 13-24 and 3 covers 25-37 so if you got all three you're covered up to the start of "Siege of the Crystal Empire" or thereabouts. Presumably there'll be a 4th omnibus out at some point in the future.

My preferred format is the 4 issue anthologies - ultimately it boils down to personal preference; if space is that much of an issue then the omnibus editions are a good enough bet.
    £18 or thereabouts for 12 comics-worth of material isn't too shabby at all and they're better value than the anthologies (£14-15) although you obviously won't be nearly as up-to-date.

17. Bronydiferous

Bronydiferous 'Diferous

It's a combination of different things for me. Space is one of them, the fewer comic boxes I have (keep them all bagged and boarded individually) the more space I have for other pony items. It would be cheaper to buy the anthologies going forward despite being a little behind on the stories. And I'm minimalist at heart and I'm struggling to justify the number if comics I have if I can condense them into fewer items.

I'm looking at all of my belongings, not just ponies but my collection is as good a starting point as any to see the merchandise I want to focus on, which sets I'd rather see complete or which ones I'm not that bothered with.

18. CuldeeFell

CuldeeFell Ponies Rock

If it's any help here's a (low quality) comparison photo I took of the different sizes. The omnibus on the left, the trade paperback is on the right. The artwork is shrunk down but the comic is still perfectly readable.

[​IMG]

Bronydiferous likes this.
  19. Bronydiferous

Bronydiferous 'Diferous

Thanks, that's really helpful!

CuldeeFell likes this.
  20. Loganberry

General post, so this is probably the best thread:

Comixology is offering discounts on nearly all its digital IDW comics this weekend -- including MLP. It's already active! Go to the checkout as normal, then use the "Add Code" button and enter IDW there. An automatic 50% discount should be applied. :)

#3100 Loganberry, 14 October 2016
    Last edited: 14 October 2016