1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

MLP Movie announced for 2017

Discussion in 'General My Little Pony Discussion' started by Centurion, 20 October 2014.

1. Snowyshy

Snowyshy A UKoE US Poster

As someone from the US and only knows actual dates, I have to ask.... what's a half term?

Stupid question, I know. :p

2. Cendaquenta

Cendaquenta Honorary Pony

It's a week off school in the middle of the term. More often known as "the October week".

Snowyshy likes this.
  3. Snowyshy

Ah ok, thanks. Usually over here we just call it [insert season and holiday here] break. Thanks @Cendaquenta.

When it comes out over there, hope you all have a good time at the theater. I know I did. Without spoiling, it looked fantastic on the big screen. :D

DerpyWhooves likes this.
  4. Loganberry

Loganberry Element of Custard

I'm guessing calling it "October week" is a Scottish thing? "Half term" is definitely the standard name down here in the tropical south. :p
    Good to hear! Well, it would be if it wasn't making me even more impatient...!

DerpyWhooves and Snowyshy like this.
  5. nerdowl

nerdowl Dr Who & MLP Fangirl

We do call the main breaks ‘Christmas’ (two weeks), ‘Easter’ (two weeks) and ‘Summer’ (six weeks) But you try coming up with names for the one week in the middle of February, one week at the beginning of May, and one week at the end of October. :p (You could possibly get away with calling the October one Halloween break but a) it’s not quite as big a deal over here, b) it doesn’t always include it! )

Snowyshy likes this.
  6. Loganberry

More early releases! Odeon have now joined the party: their cinemas in Brighton, Leicester and Loughborough will all be showing the movie 2-3 times a day from Friday onwards.

7. DerpyWhooves

DerpyWhooves Rainbow Worrier

Gah, why are they in the East Midlands and not the west?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Cloudane

Cloudane Element of Mostly Excessive Verbosity

I’ve heard it called Autumn Break round here, but yeah typically half term.

Vue still saying 20th and still not listing it as on anywhere but their site does seem very last minute when it comes to updates so it could go any number of ways.

Snowyshy likes this.
  9. Loganberry

Half term. For reasons nobody seems to know, Leicestershire's half term is next week, not the week after as it is for most of the country. I imagine the same reason applies to Brighton.

I'm pretty sure the rest the country will still be getting it on the 20th -- though I wouldn't be totally shocked to see one or two places have previews on the 19th, so keep your eyes peeled!

DerpyWhooves likes this.
  10. DerpyWhooves

Ah, so that's why! Thanks

11. Golden Star

Golden Star Formerly ChrisDilke

I saw another advert for the movie tonight, this time it was one featuring the Storm King and it was during last night's episode of The Undateables. I've kept the programme (I always record everything I want to watch in case I can't watch something live) and will try to film and post the advert tomorrow.

Loganberry likes this.
  12. moody magpie

moody magpie One shall stand, one shall fall.

Well I know my local cinema in East Grinstead will be showing the movie as I saw the poster when I went to see Blade Runner 2049 last night. (Which was an amazing movie! )

DerpyWhooves likes this.
  13. DerpyWhooves

Starting to see the trailer on TV more - last night at about 10pm on Dave and this morning on 5 during The Wright Stuff

Loganberry likes this.
  14. Snowyshy

15. F.I.N.E.

F.I.N.E. Less than 50 characters.

So, apparently, random release dates for this movie is a thing? I thought it was just Aberdeen, for a moment (it's coming out tomorrow, which I only realised when I started planning a meet for next week)

16. DerpyWhooves

Scotland, Leicestershire and Brighton are getting an earlier release because they have an earlier half term.

17. Golden Star

Golden Star Formerly ChrisDilke

A day later than planned but as promised, here's the second TV spot I found. Once again, tread carefully as related videos may contain big spoilers.

Loganberry likes this.
  18. Cendaquenta

Cendaquenta Honorary Pony

Just had my first sighting of the trailer in the wild - on channel 3 between Tonight and Emmerdale. :)

19. Eurocoin

Eurocoin Finnish MLP-blogger

Just came back from the movie (it opened in Finland today) and I have to say I was disappointed. In my opinion it lacked the heart and soul of the TV-series. I can't say I hated it, but I didn't really love it either. Half a movie I was just sitting there thinking, "I'm watching a My Little Pony Movie in a theater. I should be thrilled, but this just does nothing to me." Something about the movies felt completely off (besides the Finnish dub).

Also I was highly disappointed, that Finland didn't get the Hanazukl short.

20. Loganberry

Saw the movie today. Liked it more than I was expecting. Looking forward to seeing it again in a couple of weeks. Proper review will wait until then, but a few brief thoughts:
    It kept me entertained for 100 minutes fairly easily -- I'd thought there'd be dull patches, but there weren't many. Tempest was a good villain (reformed in the end of course) and her song was the pick of the musical numbers, Sia notwithstanding. The Storm King wasn't really given enough time to shine -- and I was surprised that he was straight-up killed, a fate only Sombra has shared up until now. I think this is definitely a film that will appeal more if you're already familiar with the characters -- that scene with Twilight and Pinkie (if you've seen it, you know the one I mean) really hit me hard, but it might well not have done if I hadn't spent several years following these ponies. I suspect this sort of thing may be one reason for some of the negative reviews. Fluttershy got a raw deal, but I suspect that's because this went into production several years ago, before much of 'Shy's best character development. So I can deal with it, especially as she got the odd solo singing line, unlike in Rainbow Rocks. They could have given us a "Shoo be doo", though. Just one. :p
    The cinema wasn't empty, but there can't have been more than 15-20 people in there. It doesn't look as though the movie will do well enough at the box office to justify a true sequel (though we may get some shorts or something) but if it does ever happen, I'll be very interested. :)

Oilyvalves and Snowyshy like this.