Separate names with a comma.
Discussion in 'General My Little Pony Discussion' started by Centurion, 20 October 2014.
Ahhhh! Make it stop, make it stop!!!!!
Playing devil's advocate for a minute, I'd just like to point out that one of the most popular MLP:FiM episodes of all time also just happens to be the only one that includes live-action footage...
That's the one. I wasn't sure whether anyone would pick up on the fact that I really didn't like the live-action segments when I first saw that episode! But as for the film, my preference is still strongly for them to stay with Flash. No, not that Flash.
Uh oh.... #Bronygate begins!
Directed by M. Night Shyamalan
Produced by Michael Bay
Written by Uwe Boll
Starring Megan Fox and Kristen Stewart
But seriously this will be interesting to see what they can come up with.
EG stomp was Bad enough - I hate the liveaction!
(and what LiveAction in Pinkie Pride - I don't remember any... what????)
During the Goof-Off: Cheese's "Hit it, Boneless!" and then Pinkie's retaliation with the "Gummy Shake".
This scene! Note the Hub logo in the corner making it legit. XD
DO NOT bother questioning, this is Pinkie Pie logic in action here
Edit: Screenshot taken from a Hub Network site stream.
I'm beyond hyped for this. Pretty interesting to see them hiring someone who's actually worked on theatrical features before, as opposed to one of the longtime members of the MLP crew. It'll be cool to see how they handle that. And I just hope they're smart enough to put their budget in all the right places: Upping the animation work, really working hard on the story, getting the best performances possible out of the VAs, and maybe even getting Stefan Andres and William Anderson a real-life orchestra to work with! You know, instead of blowing the budget on celebrity cameos and suchlike.
My fingers are crossed for some sort of big, grand epic adventure film. The fanfics have proven that it can be done with this universe, and yet still remain true to the overall feel of MLP.
My demands for this Movie are simple
- No Sparity.. Not even a small hint of it.
- Minor Characters (Lyra, Octavia, Bon Bon etc) Don't need to play a massive role but should get small cameos
- No Flash Sentry, don't even mention his name, don't even appear on screen for 1 small second.
- No Twilight Sparkle being all high and mighty whilst the other 5 are made to look like idiots, make sure they all look good.
- Apple Fritter, Always needs more Apple Fritter
- Don't get to corny, Please don't have Twilight be brought back to life by the tears of her friends or anything like that.
- Rarity/Rainbow Dash interaction, I'm furious that after 4 seasons this still hasn't been fully developed
- Sunset Shimmer is always welcome, we need more of Pony Shimmer.
I'm sure I have more but that will do for now
Good list by @Eunos the Fool there. I'd honestly be surprised if they avoided any Sparity references, so I don't expect you'll get what you want there. But most of the others look very possible: I'd really like to see more of pony Sunset. Here's a little list of my own:
* Not too much Discord. I'm sure he'll be in there, but I feel he works best in small doses.
* Restore the Everfree Forest to being special, not just any old "dark and scary wood".
* Only bring in guest stars/VAs if they're great. (I'd be up for a cameo from Cheese Sandwich, though!)
* Lots and lots of Fluttershy being cute and awesome. Preferably with a song.
* A climactic scene that's something other than a big battle: no point in just repeating the S4 finale.
* Star Swirl the Bearded as a proper character! He was one of the best things about that comic arc.
* Some depth for Celestia. Maybe another flashback on life under Discord 1,000 years ago.
For me also, there'll probably be more, but those come to mind quickly.
Well at least we have season 5 coming round the corner but when i heard this i was sooooo happy
I haven't looked into this much but I know it will be 2017.
Will it be too little too late at that point? I still feel that a full pony movie would have had way more impact if they'd done it a year or so back.... You know, when they gave us Equestria Girls instead.
I can't guarantee I'll be around enough in terms of interest in the fandom at that point to even see it. Can see enough other people in much the same situation... But hey, seems somewhat promising for now even if it's not for another 2-3 years.
she didn't kill her wife!
i really hope they still have the original VAs by then, I doubt they will change though
If we had had a normal movie when Equestria Girls came out chances are that Hasbro would have afterwards dropped the budget of the show or just cancelled it all together as this is how they usually operate (65 episodes and a movie). However the success of these films has clearly convinced Hasbro to go out of their safe and sound practices. What we could be getting to now is something along the lines of The Simpsons which drew in more new fans as those that left and resulted in a large budget blockbuster movie many seasons later.
It's interestingly easy to work out a potential calendar for the next three years:
Spring 2015: S5 starts
Autumn 2015: S5 ends
Spring 2016: Equestria Girls 3
Autumn 2016: S6 starts
Spring 2017: S6 ends
Autumn 2017: MLP:FiM movie
It all fits suspiciously neatly, with similarly-sized gaps between the end of one "project" and the start of the next. Whether that's what will actually happen, who knows, but I think it's a reasonable guess.
will they be able to do an EqG3?
and something to do with the human twilight we saw at the end of RR
After what happened at the end of RR's credits they NEED to do EQG3. Sooner rather than later - next year sounds good