1. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

MLP Pony Life confirmed (originally: New toys, but also, potential future MLP designs?)

Discussion in 'General My Little Pony Discussion' started by Snowyshy, 2 November 2019.

1. Snowyshy

Snowyshy A UKoE US Poster

Edit: Topic now reflects MLP Pony Life as it was revealed.

I wasn't sure whether to post this under FiM merch or general, but I decided to post it under general, because it potentially shows future MLP designs. If a mod feels this isn't the right section, please do move it. :) Posting this with the potential future of MLP in mind.

So, I woke up this morning, checked my personal Instagram and was greeted to a pic of Fluttershy, MLP Merch posted. A new toy, so I decided to check their website, and found this article on upcoming toys Amazon in Canada posted.

New toys of Fluttershy, Pinkie, and Rarity were in the post. So, it has me wondering is this just a special line of toys, or could these be redesigns. I remember between the two Littlest Pet Shop cartoons, there were toys not related to the "A World Of Our Own" and the 2012 series, so it could be something like this. Potential G4.5 or G5, they still look similar to G4, cutie marks and color schemes, so not entirely sure this is G5. That's my theory, what do you guys think?

Personally, I think Fluttershy and Pinkie look kinda cute as toys, that's just my personal thoughts. Also worth noting, the hooves look similar to the ones seen in this commercial Hasbro posted.

Edit: I'd like to add I didn't post the pictures as MLP Merch doesn't allow saving pics anymore, though I probably wouldn't post them out of respect. So if you want to see the redesigns, click the article above.

Edit Part 2: Found a tweet with the pictures, so, here you go.

The Edit of the Edit: Now Equestria Daily has an article on this.

#1 Snowyshy, 2 November 2019
    Last edited: 13 November 2019
  2. GatewaytoGlimmer

GatewaytoGlimmer Happy Happy Joy Joy!

these toys absolutely are not anything to do with G5. They have the G4 logo, they're the G4 ponies, have the G4 designs and personalities and with things like Season 10 of the comics still to come, G4 is not over yet and G5 toys won't be starting until later next year at the earliest I reckon. These are just another G4 toy with some weird designs.

Danishbrony2011 and Snowyshy like this.
  3. Snowyshy

Indeed they don't, Equestria Daily did post an update in that article I linked. After finding out about these, I was starting to side with stylized toys rather than G5. I would guess this is more like G4.5, similar to G3's G3.5. This was a guess after thinking about it after finding that tweet.

Honestly, your post is the first I've seen that didn't assume G5. Most I've seen on Twitter jumped to the G5 conclusion. I thought about it after finding that tweet since this news seem to have exploded on social media.

4. Eunos the Fool

Eunos the Fool Proud Hater of Sparity

[​IMG]

Whilst I don't particularly care much for the look of the toys

I have to say this doesn't look to bad.. Predictably some people are throwing a wobble over it and comparing it to Teen Titans Go etc... But I for one look forward to giving this a chance.

Do I think it will be better than G4?.. Honestly no.. But it doesn't have to be.. I just hope it's a good fun show :)

5. Danishbrony2011

Danishbrony2011 Honorary Pony

I also give this a change.

Eunos the Fool likes this.
  6. Snowyshy

So, not exactly G5, but a slice of life thing with the G4 ponies. I'd be down with checking this out.

The toys were in a promo video for the show too, with some of the new style animated a bit. It's also awesome they still have the VAs.

Mane25 likes this.
  7. Bridle Timeout

Bridle Timeout I Love Twilight Sparkle

I’m kind of “meh” about the new designs, but I’ll give it a chance.

At least it’s not Newborn Cuties. :p

8. F.I.N.E.

F.I.N.E. Less than 50 characters.

Guess I'll give it a shot (which is basically how I ended up in this whole brony thing in the first place!)

Snowyshy likes this.
  9. Mane25

Mane25 Honorary Pony

It seems fine to me, and I'm delighted that we'll get to see more of our characters in some form, this is really good news. There's a chance that it won't be good but you could say that about anything.

It's also very interesting that this is exactly what they did with G3.5 (as in the Twinkle Wish Adventure era) - they gave the same characters a more cute appearance and bridged the gap to G4.

10. FireSparkle

FireSparkle A Deer Friend

I don't hate the design of the animated versions, but the toys look very G3.5 to me. Always excited for more horse! :D

11. Loganberry

Loganberry Element of Custard

As @Mane25 says, there are similarities here with G3.5 (original G3.5, not Newborn Cuties) although obviously Pony Life seems a bit more tilted towards a "wacky world of ponies" approach. I would have been rather disappointed if this had been Actual G5, since I'd hope for something fresh and new for that -- but as a stopgap, I think it could well do quite well. Whether I actually like it remains to be seen -- if they go down the "toilet humour" route then I'll switch off, but I'm optimistic that Hasbro will steer away from that and make the humour better-tempered and just plain good fun.

12. Candy Yunagi

Candy Yunagi Wishes she could be a cat

Yeah, I'll definitely be giving it a chance. I always did say I preferred that slice of life side of FiM, so hopefully it'll be something like that. It could be nice to see them just hang out, without the high stakes of later seasons. At least they actually seem to be the same characters in the same world, and bringing back the same voice actresses should help. Though it seems it will still be awhile before we get any official news about G5.

janglehooves likes this.
  13. janglehooves

janglehooves Proud to be an earth pony!

It's been a while since I posted on here but I am rather intrigued by this "gen 4.5" development... o_O I don't know if it's just my failure to keep in touch with what's going on in the world of pony but the last I heard, Hasbro were all set for a move to gen 5 with new characters (albeit with recycled names...) and a new setting. A new series based around Sugarcube Corner is therefore something of a surprise and possibly a nice surprise depending on where they go with it. I can see this going a couple of ways and either way I can't say I'm impressed with the character design. However, if they get writers in who understand the characters and setting I don't think it will be too much of a shock and the fact that they are using the existing VAs is encouraging. The other way is if they end up with a mane six who are way out of character or a comedic caricature of their former selves in which case I will avoid it like the plague. I'm really hoping it's the former as I always liked the slice of life episodes and this could be a nice and unexpected coda to G4!

Loganberry likes this.
  14. Loganberry

Yes -- it was a nice surprise to see your name and avatar pop up! :)
    Yes, that is a plus, certainly. I agree that it's the writing that may make or break this little stop-gap series. Obviously that will apply to G5 as well, but we have a couple of years to wait for that one. I'll hope for G4.5 to be entertaining, at least.

15. Loganberry

*blows the dust off the thread* It's been a long time coming, but according to EqD, the first episode of Pony Life is just a couple of weeks away! Apparently it will be premiering on Discovery Family on Saturday 13th March at 11 am. (Not sure which time zone.)

Two episodes mentioned, and we have titles and synopses for both! I'll put them under spoiler-cuts, just like old times! :D

Princess Probz
    Air date: June 13, 2020

The ponies help Pinkie Pie audition for a televised cooking competition called the Royal Jelly Juggernaut. When the rest of the Mane 6 are caught in a sticky situation, Pinkie Pie has to audition for the Royal Jelly Juggernaut all on her own.
    The Best of the Worst
    Air date: TBA

Rainbow Dash's competitive spirit is put to the test when a new pony challenges her to a contest unlike any other. Rainbow Dash faces off against Dishwater Slog in a loser-take-all race to finally prove which pony is truly the worst.

Mane25 likes this.
  16. Bridle Timeout

Bridle Timeout I Love Twilight Sparkle

To be blunt, I'm not a fan of the way the "drawn style" of Pony Life looks, but the toys and stop motion shorts look okay. I will give it a chance though, as the stock vectors in regular G4 hardly did the show justice either. :p

I'm not expecting it to be as good as FiM, but I'm not going to complain too much about more ponies. :)

17. Loganberry

Two more episode synopses, from an online TV guide so not guaranteed to be right but they look legit to me. No air date given for either.

Cute-pocalypse Meow
    As Pinkie Pie practises for the Royal Jelly Juggernaut, Fluttershy makes an adorable new friend with a dark sense of humour. Fluttershy has to muster all of her cuteness to protect her friends from Bubbles' dark side.
    How Applejack Got Her Hat Back
    Applejack finds herself in the midst of an identity crisis when her signature hat becomes a city-wide fashion craze. Applejack joins a group of alternative ponies in the hopes of finding a new style to replace her old look.

Both these are listed as two-parters, but there's no indication as to how long the parts are.

18. Candy Yunagi

Candy Yunagi Wishes she could be a cat

All I can think of after reading that is The Powerpuff Girls :p

But on a slightly more serious note, it still sounds to me like this could go either way. These synopses sound like they have potential if handled right, but also have the potential to disappoint. It could be fun, although the continuity probably won't be as consistent as we'd like.

Loganberry likes this.
  19. Loganberry

Two more episode synopses have appeared. A bit of uncertainty about dates with these, but here are the titles and synopses:
    Bad Thing No. 3
    Rarity tries to get rid of her bad luck before it can ruin her relationship with a new friend. As Rarity continues to deal with her bad luck, she receives some much-needed advice from an unexpected source: herself.
    Pinkie Pie: Hyper-Helper
    Pinkie Pie struggles to help out her friends while preparing for the final round of the Royal Jelly Juggernaut. As Pinkie Pie enters the final round of the final round of the Royal Jelly Juggernaut, the other ponies rally behind her.
    The synopsis for the second one is poorly written I know, but that's word-for-word how it appeared in the TV guide EqD quoted!

20. Loganberry