1. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

MLP Pony Life confirmed (originally: New toys, but also, potential future MLP designs?)

Discussion in 'General My Little Pony Discussion' started by Snowyshy, 2 November 2019.

1. Snowyshy

Snowyshy A UKoE US Poster

Edit: Topic now reflects MLP Pony Life as it was revealed.

I wasn't sure whether to post this under FiM merch or general, but I decided to post it under general, because it potentially shows future MLP designs. If a mod feels this isn't the right section, please do move it. :) Posting this with the potential future of MLP in mind.

So, I woke up this morning, checked my personal Instagram and was greeted to a pic of Fluttershy, MLP Merch posted. A new toy, so I decided to check their website, and found this article on upcoming toys Amazon in Canada posted.

New toys of Fluttershy, Pinkie, and Rarity were in the post. So, it has me wondering is this just a special line of toys, or could these be redesigns. I remember between the two Littlest Pet Shop cartoons, there were toys not related to the "A World Of Our Own" and the 2012 series, so it could be something like this. Potential G4.5 or G5, they still look similar to G4, cutie marks and color schemes, so not entirely sure this is G5. That's my theory, what do you guys think?

Personally, I think Fluttershy and Pinkie look kinda cute as toys, that's just my personal thoughts. Also worth noting, the hooves look similar to the ones seen in this commercial Hasbro posted.

Edit: I'd like to add I didn't post the pictures as MLP Merch doesn't allow saving pics anymore, though I probably wouldn't post them out of respect. So if you want to see the redesigns, click the article above.

Edit Part 2: Found a tweet with the pictures, so, here you go.

The Edit of the Edit: Now Equestria Daily has an article on this.

#1 Snowyshy, 2 November 2019
    Last edited: 13 November 2019 at 7:56pm
  2. GatewaytoGlimmer

GatewaytoGlimmer Happy Happy Joy Joy!

these toys absolutely are not anything to do with G5. They have the G4 logo, they're the G4 ponies, have the G4 designs and personalities and with things like Season 10 of the comics still to come, G4 is not over yet and G5 toys won't be starting until later next year at the earliest I reckon. These are just another G4 toy with some weird designs.

Danishbrony2011 and Snowyshy like this.
  3. Snowyshy

Indeed they don't, Equestria Daily did post an update in that article I linked. After finding out about these, I was starting to side with stylized toys rather than G5. I would guess this is more like G4.5, similar to G3's G3.5. This was a guess after thinking about it after finding that tweet.

Honestly, your post is the first I've seen that didn't assume G5. Most I've seen on Twitter jumped to the G5 conclusion. I thought about it after finding that tweet since this news seem to have exploded on social media.

4. Eunos the Fool

Eunos the Fool Proud Hater of Sparity

[​IMG]

Whilst I don't particularly care much for the look of the toys

I have to say this doesn't look to bad.. Predictably some people are throwing a wobble over it and comparing it to Teen Titans Go etc... But I for one look forward to giving this a chance.

Do I think it will be better than G4?.. Honestly no.. But it doesn't have to be.. I just hope it's a good fun show :)

5. Danishbrony2011

Danishbrony2011 Honorary Pony

I also give this a change.

Eunos the Fool likes this.
  6. Snowyshy

So, not exactly G5, but a slice of life thing with the G4 ponies. I'd be down with checking this out.

The toys were in a promo video for the show too, with some of the new style animated a bit. It's also awesome they still have the VAs.

Mane25 likes this.
  7. Bridle Timeout

Bridle Timeout I Love Twilight Sparkle

I’m kind of “meh” about the new designs, but I’ll give it a chance.

At least it’s not Newborn Cuties. :p

8. F.I.N.E.

F.I.N.E. Less than 50 characters.

Guess I'll give it a shot (which is basically how I ended up in this whole brony thing in the first place!)

Snowyshy likes this.
  9. Mane25

Mane25 Honorary Pony

It seems fine to me, and I'm delighted that we'll get to see more of our characters in some form, this is really good news. There's a chance that it won't be good but you could say that about anything.

It's also very interesting that this is exactly what they did with G3.5 (as in the Twinkle Wish Adventure era) - they gave the same characters a more cute appearance and bridged the gap to G4.

Danishbrony2011 and Snowyshy like this.
  10. FireSparkle

FireSparkle A Deer Friend

I don't hate the design of the animated versions, but the toys look very G3.5 to me. Always excited for more horse! :D