1. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

MLP: Reliving the Journey - General Discussion

Discussion in 'MLP: Re-Living the Journey' started by Bridle Timeout, 12 May 2014.

1. Oilyvalves

Oilyvalves Railway Pony

I think my preference would be for us to all be the watching and discussing the same episodes, but we'll wait to see what everyone thinks.

2. Loganberry

Loganberry Element of Custard

I think we should all watch every episode at once. That would solve the problem entirely. :p

Seriously, I don't have strong feelings, but I agree that it'd be a good idea to avoid episodes we've already discussed, to some extent at least. Maybe we could look at some episodes that aren't often discussed, because they're not especially loved or hated by the fandom or particularly significant in terms of character development. Some of the slice-of-life episodes and standalone adventure episodes would qualify there.

3. Mane25

Mane25 Honorary Pony

Yeah, looking through the episode list I was also thinking we should try to include some of the less obvious episodes. There are some I haven't watched in ages actually.

Some that I immediately thought of along those lines:
    (The Ticket Master)*
    (Applebuck Season)*
    Look Before You Sleep
    Fall Weather Friends
    A Dog and Pony Show

Secret of My Excess (can't even remember if that's good or not)
    Hearth's Warming Eve
    It's About Time
    MMMystery on the Friendship Express

Apple Family Reunion

Castle Mane-ia
    Daring Don't (although I personally don't like it)
    Three's a Crowd
    Simple Ways
    Testing Testing 1, 2, 3
    Equestria Games

Castle Sweet Castle
    Tanks for the Memories
    Make New Friends but Keep Discord

(I'll draw the line at the second part of S5 because that's too recent)

*But maybe not the first two because they're such early episodes that we've all probably seen them a million times
    I'm not saying these and only these, and maybe you disagree, but I'm just throwing it out there.

Loganberry and Oilyvalves like this.
  4. Bronydiferous

Bronydiferous 'Diferous

Agree on both counts and that's not a bad list at all and some episodes there I haven't seen for a while just because I often don't watch those ones - I'll need to go through the episode listings again myself I think to check if there's any I'd like to watch againas well.

I really should know this but how long is the hiatus? That could give us an idea of how many episodes to plan around. (Be it 1 or 2 a week perhaps?)

5. Mane25

Mane25 Honorary Pony

I've heard November floating around but I've not seen a concrete source for that.

6. Loganberry

I'd be perfectly happy with something like that list. It'd be nice to have at least one more episode from S3, though I'm not sure which it could be. If "Just for Sidekicks" and "Games Ponies Play" were true standalones I might suggest one of them. As they're not, though...
    It might help a bit when we get a definite release date for EqG 4. Friendship Games overlapped with S5, though, so we can't rule out that happening again.

7. Mane25

Mane25 Honorary Pony

I was struggling with S3. I did think about maybe Crystal Empire, being possibly one of the lesser-discussed 2-part episodes. I didn't go for Just for Sidekicks and Games Ponies Play because they're a bit divisive (but I don't mind them).

We could always schedule for an underestimate of the hiatus length and then add more if it's longer.

8. Mane25

Mane25 Honorary Pony

We should really get this going soon; too many distractions of late from important things like this!

For advanced warning I'm actually away next week so I may not be around to post much then but don't let me stop you.

Loganberry likes this.
  9. Loganberry

Agreed! We could do with a few more pastel ponies around the place at the moment. :) I'm happy to go with your list of episodes if other people are too.

I'll probably be away for a week at the end of July, but likewise don't let me stop you.

10. Oilyvalves

Oilyvalves Railway Pony

Hi all,

Bumping this thread now we're into a new hiatus. I would like to get some kind of re-living thing going again if possible, and if others are up for it.

We'd discussed above about going through a list of not-so-well-known episodes, which we could still do. However, I had another idea which people might be interested in. And that's going back through all the season premiers and finales.

Now we've got 6 seasons under our belt, that's 12 premiers and finales, which equates to 22 actual episodes (didn't think it was that many :eek:). My suggestion would be we do one season per week, giving people 3 or 4 episodes to watch each time (even though it's actually 1 premier and 1 finale per week). If we started soon it would lead us up to Christmas nicely.

I'd be interested to hear what people's thoughts would be on this.

Cheers :)

Danishbrony2011 and Mane25 like this.
  11. Mane25

Mane25 Honorary Pony

Yeah, I'm always up for something like this; we've got the advantage this time in that we know roughly when to expect the new season.

Danishbrony2011 and Oilyvalves like this.
  12. Wonderbolt

Wonderbolt Honorary Pony

I might be intrested, but I may not do it religiously if I am busy some weeks or its an episode I have seen multiple times already or whatever.

Danishbrony2011 and Oilyvalves like this.
  13. Oilyvalves

Oilyvalves Railway Pony

Now we're in the new year with some definite hiatus still to go, just giving this thread another bump. My suggestion above of the season bookends still stands, but am happy to hear what other people are feeling?

I'm still relatively new to these; do they have to be run by a Mod? Just saying, I don't mind running something if enough people are interested.

14. Bridle Timeout

Bridle Timeout I Love Twilight Sparkle

MLP:RtJ has always been "my" thing pretty much, even before I became a moderator. :)

As such, I apoligise for my silence recently. I am interested in watching episodes, but perhaps we could discuss running something together? :)

15. Oilyvalves

Oilyvalves Railway Pony

Ah, I see, no worries. I'm not sure how running it together would work, and I wouldn't want to take over your thing too much :). But don't mind lending a hoof where I can. But yes I'd like to see something get going.

16. NJW

NJW Habitual Pony

Hello.

Is anypony still active on here?

I like the idea of Reliving the Journey, shame I have only just found this.
    Would anyone like to start a Reliving the Journey 9th anniversary?

Mane25 and Wonderbolt like this.
  17. Mane25

Mane25 Honorary Pony

My only concern is now we have so many episodes, it was difficult enough to keep up before - it might be totally impractical now. That said it would be nice to do something retrospective, even if done in a different way.

NJW likes this.
  18. Cloudane

Cloudane Element of Mostly Excessive Verbosity

I was thinking the same, I'll certainly be rewatching at some point at my own pace (and spamming the review threads) but it's almost impossible to co-ordinate a rewatch together with the sheer number of episodes - besides which the forum is pretty quiet now with Facebook, Telegram etc having largely taken over

NJW likes this.
  19. Wonderbolt

Wonderbolt Honorary Pony

On a more positive note, up to season 5 is all on Netflix so it’s easier to get episodes

Cloudane likes this.
  20. NJW

NJW Habitual Pony

Please could someone tell me how it used to be done?

I am thinking of posting an episode once a week (could be the same date as 9 years ago...). Then having a discussion. It could be done on another form of social media.

Sorry I'm getting into the community rather late!