1. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

MLP Shorts

Discussion in 'General My Little Pony Discussion' started by Recurrent Trotting, 5 February 2019.

1. Recurrent Trotting

So there are a bunch of MLP shorts that appeared out of nowhere :D Good to see the ponies in action again - even if I'm not a 'fan' of shorts.

rarity becomes glittery roller disco pony.
    [​IMG]

Tara does good bunged up voice

Speaking sound effect :p

fluttershy catches a pun

Getting a flowey mane is such a good idea for a short. I really wanted her to get it for real :p

Aah chirpy rarity - you have been missed

Starlight can do better than that. She trollin.

Rarity of all ponies knows that manespray doesn't make manes flow.

Spike hovering produces oddly horizontal wind currents... shouldn't her mane be blowing all over her face?

Oilyvalves and Blissful690 like this.
  2. Candy Yunagi

Candy Yunagi Wishes she could be a cat

In general, I think the shorts are quite nice, if nothing too deep, like the Equestria Girls ones.

I like the little details, like Lotus trying to file Rarity's hoof while she's waving it around making grand gestures, and Twilight momentarily having Sci-Twi's bun (though it doesn't really suit Princess Twilight IMO). Rarity obviously didn't learn her lesson before that manes are tricky to fix with magic, and another great mystery of Equestria, how the royal sisters make their manes move still remains unsolved :p. And one day Spike is gonna get sick of being used like that...

On a side note, I'm not a big fan (no pun intended) of Rarity's recent habit of exclaiming "oh, poo!". It just really doesn't seem very... her.

This one was... quite bizzare :p. I'll bet Pinkie would've loved having her hooves turned to skates, since she's worn actual skates before anyway. I guess Twilight accidentally freezing Fluttershy is a reference to her Masked Matterhorn alter ego, but I feel like at least Rainbow Dash should've been more concerned about Fluttershy, assuming they didn't know Pinkie would come barrelling in with a cure. Applejack being levitated out of control makes the most sense, since we've seen magic used for that pretty much every single episode, but Rainbow Dash's ailment was the most strange, by far. even in Equestria, that makes absolutely no sense :p. It's nice that Zecora got a mention, even if she didn't appear. And judging by the bottle, I guess she has her own brand now...

I'm not entirely sure if the Best Gift Ever shorts are relevant, but I guess I'll post about them anyway :p.

Not much to say, but I enjoyed the obvious reference to All Bottled Up, and the slightly more subtle one to Feeling Pinkie Keen (Pinkie's warning that something scary will happen involves Gummy).

I didn't think it was that bad. Unlike in Non-Compete Cause, this is just friendly competition in their free time. The dare with AJ's hat seems particularly cruel, but I have a theory that these shorts happen shortly before The Hearth's Warming Club, which is shortly before The Best Gift Ever itself, meaning that Rainbow Dash didn't know what the hat meant to her yet (the way AJ said it in that special implied that she's never told anyone that before). I did think her challenge to buck only one apple was inventive, though.

Probably the best of the three, I think. It's nice to see a rare instance of Applejack being the silly one, and it had a nice resolution. I actually thought I heard impressions of Princess Celestia, Iron Will, and voices resembling Pinkie and Fluttershy, but I guess the founders of Equestria made sense, too.

3. Recurrent Trotting

ooh hadn't seen those other ones

kept on hoping it would have a positive message D: or anything that made sense. The ponies were made to do odd things. Rarity counting sort of made sense although, but why was Twi swimming? Can't even remember what tthe rest were doing it was all so random. I guess the point was to subject the mane 6 to random pinkie. This is the sort of behaviour that leaves Pinks with bags of flour for friends :p

oh well. What did I like about this? Maybe... its... mane? Not sure about this one tbh. Favourite part was the start in the dark and pinkie appearing under a present which Twi lifted up :3 very cute. Also the moonwalking.

excited dash and sassy pinks were good.

but this is not how dares should work :p this affronts my inner boy

love the VAs doing different voices and happy to see someponies enjoying AJ telling tales :) it works well for her. Would be good to see Mac doing this too after being traumatised into not speaking that one time. Strange to see Flutters so flustered

#3 Recurrent Trotting, 6 February 2019
    Last edited: 6 February 2019
  4. Oilyvalves

Oilyvalves Railway Pony

I just caught up on all of these. I'll never complain about more pony to pass the time. Like Candy says, not much to them, but still generally OK. The one that really entertained me was the most recent Ail-icorn. Some really funny stuff in there. :p

5. Danishbrony2011

Danishbrony2011 Honorary Pony

Today it's Teacher of the Month.

#5 Danishbrony2011, 12 February 2019 at 8:30pm
    Last edited: 12 February 2019 at 9:12pm
  6. Loganberry

Loganberry Element of Custard

And here it is, fresh from Hasbro's official account. :)

Danishbrony2011 and Oilyvalves like this.
  7. Recurrent Trotting

eat my shorts
    and just like the eqg shorts (which I have stopped watching) it leaves me with the feeling that I'm watching bad kiddie TV filler :( It was a fun concept too which could have had AJ and RD sitting in on a lesson or something. aw

I did like the big hug at the end :3 I'm a sap for those and I haven't really seen the student 6 appreciate their teacher much (ever?)

I also like Fluttershy nodding.

she's such a horse

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Robshi likes this.
  8. Candy Yunagi

Candy Yunagi Wishes she could be a cat

I rather enjoyed it

With a bit more padding, maybe this is what Non-Compete Clause should've been like :p. After many years of finding ways to get Angel Bunny to co-operate with her, and possibly babysitting the CMC a number of times as they started growing up, it stands to reason that she knows how to handle her students. It looked for a moment like the reason she keeps getting voted teacher of the month is because she's a pushover, so I'm glad that wasn't the case. I'm sure she'd put her hoof down if she really needed to, but she'd rather find a win-win solution if she can. Perhaps what she does there is another kind of assertiveness.

I enjoyed the continuity as well, that's always fun. I couldn't help noticing Starlight's favourite board game from Uncommon bond, as well as what appears to be Rainbow Dash's favourite board game from Read It and Weep. I like how the party at the end was held on their indoor buckball pitch, as well. On a separte note, they've already run out of room for pictures on that wall, even if they weren't all Fluttershy. Twilight clearly didn't think that through.

So it seems we're maybe getting an FiM short for each of the mane six, as well...

Oilyvalves likes this.