1. Hey, Guest. You will require a character before you will be able to participate. You can apply for that by clicking here.
  2. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Ponyville Morning in Ponyville... Shimmers?

Discussion in 'Main Roleplay' started by Natura, 3 June 2014.

1. Natura

Natura Pony

"Anything else need doing, Delilah?" Grey placed the broom away in the already full cupboard, making sure not to let anything fall out. Perhaps I could clear this out, its been needing it for goodness knows how long.

"No no Grey. You've done enough already! It's your day off work, for crying out loud. What good is it if you spend it working anyway, eh? Go out, head to town, enjoy the sun..."

"Aunt D, Its chucking it down outside..."

"Oh quit being such a baby, a little water won't hurt ya! Now go! Shoo! Off with you. Why don't you go and meet some ponies? I don't want to see you back here for the rest of the day!"

"You know I don't care for meeting other ponies, but you're not going to give in are you?" The grey pegasus made his way to the front door, with Delilah following behind. "What about you? Promise me you won't try and do things you know you can't do."

"How may times... Just quit your fussing boy, I'll be fine." Delilah was close behind Grey, almost pushing him through the front door now.

Grey gave a sigh, stepped into the pouring rain then turned to face Delilah, only to find her swiftly shut the door, followed by the sound of a key turning. "Have a nice day!" She gave a hearty chuckle as she walked back to her chair... leaving Grey out in the rain... locked out of his own house.

She actually just did that, didn't she? Well now what? I can't stay here in the rain. Suppose I should find some shelter... Some day off.

He didn't like flying in the rain, especially when it was this heavy, and it didn't appear to be letting up, so he began trotting down the path, over to ponyville. It wasn't too long before the cafe was in sight. It's as good a place as any, I guess. His trot became a canter as he neared the cafe doors. Shaking himself 'dry' he stepped into the cafe, the door knocking against the small bells, doing well to draw attention to himself. Everypony stared as the drenched pegasus sluggishly made his way to a small table in the corner but he paid no mind.

"Welcome to the Corner Cafe, may I take your order Sir?" A rather slender but well dressed pony asked as he approached grey

"I'll just have a 'Daffodil and Daisy Sandwich' please."

"Certainly, will that be all?"

"Yes, thank you."

"I shall return shortly with your food Sir." The waiter made for the cafe kitchen door and Grey turned to look out the window.

Yep, this is going to be an uneventful day as usual. Guess I can't complain though... except for the rain.

Just then, he spotted something rather peculiar happening outside the cafe...

2. Raiken

Raiken I am magic

Raiken was happily trotting through Ponyville, singing a little tune. She loved storms and this bout of rainy weather had put her in a very good mood. The little grey filly had dashed out of her house the moment it had started raining, desperate to get drenched as quickly as possible.

Smiling, Raiken made her way through the streets, now deserted, apart from a few unlucky ponies who hadn't accounted for the sudden rainstorm.

She was just nearing the Corner Cafe when, suddenly a huge bolt of lightning screamed through the air and hit the ground only a few meters from where Raiken was standing. She gasped, there was something lying in the scorched hole the lighting strike had created, it seemed to be glittering...

3. Aethelberdia

Aethelberdia Returning Pony

Wreck wasn't having a good day. The rain, bearable. Having to stand in the rain, less bearable. Having to take shelter by a cafe, even less bearable. Being directly hit by a lightning bolt, not good.
    Not good at all.

Thankfully, being a dragon, he had survived the strike. However, he was aware of a heavy weight on his chest. Lifting it off, it appeared to be a rock with light streaming out of various holes. A grey filly was looking at the odd ensemble, evidently intent on getting into the hole to investigate.
    "Don't! there might be a residual charge or some nonsense like that." He climbed out , putting the rock over the edge and pulling himself over next to it.
    "Well, looks like we should take this inside for somepony to look at, Miss... umm, what's your name again?" Wreck was, in the words of a friend of his, a 'socially awkward lump of rock' and this was showing through. Ah well, at least this would resolve itself soon.

4. Raiken

Raiken I am magic

"I'm Raiken" the grey filly responded smiling curiously, recognising another shy pony like herself
    "who are you?"
    "are you okay?"
    "whats the rock thing you've got?"
    Raiken bombarded the newcomer with a barrage of questions, quite forgetting her quiet nature in the quest to find out more about this mysterious stranger. Anyone who got struck by lightning just HAD to be interesting, she reasoned.

5. Natura

Natura Pony

Guess I spoke too soon...

Grey looked around the cafe at all the other ponies.

Did... no one else see that!?
    Maybe I should go see if I can help someway.

The pegasus stood up and left his table, walking towards the scene he had just witnessed. As he stepped outside, the waiter called out to him.

"Sir! Your sandwich!.. Sir?"

Grey paid no mind, he was too intrigued. He approached the pair, and just looked at them. A small grey filly, a great big scorched hole in the ground, and a charred dragon with what appeared to be some kind of bizarre glowing rock of sorts...

A dragon... A dragon!?

He jumped back a little. He'd never met a real dragon before. His aunt used to tell him stories of great big dragons with fire breath and other weird and wonderful abilities. Looking again at the dragon before him, he realized that this particular dragon wasn't that big. Still, he remained cautious.

"Is everypony... err, and dragon... okay? I saw the lightning strike near you and..."

Once again, he looked at the dragon, noticing the tendrils of smoke rising from his body

"Did you actually get hit? Should I go get help?"

Grey was puzzled at the fact that the dragon was completely unfazed after just being struck, not that he knew much of dragons at all. Realizing that he had just been staring at dragon this whole time, he averted his glare to the young filly beside him.

"So, whats actually going on here? And whats with the rock... thing? Oh, the name's Hebetes by the way, but most ponies just call me grey."

He gazed at the pair expectantly.

6. Aethelberdia

(OOC - If you want to know Wreck's full name, here it is:
    Arachtonolareus Dhakara’liona Verinos Alaron Fleiroghalika Krekhd Yeogh Exalari Fir’en Zsax Jekhinu Varlo Sigarda Bhel Wharanikhilokavalione Quetzh Pholios Whrekhas
    )

"Uhhhh... the rock's kinda an unknown quantity at the moment." Wreck thought for a second. "Oh, and I'm fine. I've been struck by many things and lightning's... actually, lightning is kind of new. Nothing hurts though. Just kinda tingly. My name's Arachtonolare-- nah, let's just stick with Wreck. Most sentient beings call me Wreck. Nice to meet you, Hebetes. You too, Raiken." ...Looking at Hebetes, though, he seemed a bit in awe. Evidently noticing this, the pegasus had quickly averted his gaze and looked towards Raiken.
    If only to relieve his own tension, Wreck suddenly exclaimed,
    "I know, let's just get away quickly, find some other cafe to take shelter in and think about what's just happened." He had another reason for saying thus: the ponies in the cafe were still eating unfazed, in such an oblivious way that it quite unnerved him. It just didn't seem... right. Either way, he couldn't well leave before the others agreed. He waited for the current matters to be resolved, hoping that they would do so soon.

7. Raiken

Raiken I am magic

Raiken, cringed a little under the gaze of the Grey, her shyness returning full throttle but nodded at Wreck. She didn't like how quiet everything had become and the dragon was still kinda smoking in a crater which probably wasn't going to be very good in the long term...
    The young filly looked around for anywhere they could go and hide for the time being and her eyes fell upon a little coffee shop at the end of the street. She couldn't quite read the sign but it looked okay. The colours of the shopfront were a bit more subdued than that of the normal candy coloured cafes that were dotted around Ponyville and seemed to be able to keep a secret, perfect for two pegasi and a dragon.

"Um...Mister Wreck, sir?" Raiken questioned nervously

"theres a cafe down the end of the road, we could probably go there" she looked back at Grey

"Mister Grey?, will you come with us?"

Raiken hovered a little off the ground anxiously waiting for a response.

8. Natura

Natura Pony

"Wreck, Raiken, it's a pleasure to meet you both, be it somewhat under rather odd circumstances."

It had become apparent to Grey that he was making Raiken feel a little uncomfortable, he never had been very good with talking to other ponies, let alone a dragon. Wreck had suggested moving elsewhere to revise the situation and Raiken had pointed out a subtle little place down the road, seemingly eager to get going. The rain was still falling like no ponies business, but it seemed as good an idea as any, given the situation.

I never even had my sandwich... Maybe I'll grab something at the other place.

The thought made Grey's stomach growl at an embarrassing volume, but he quickly shrugged it off like it didn't happen.

"Sure, I'll follow, but you'll have to forgive me. I don't like flying in the rain."

Where this was actually true, Grey also wanted to walk so he could observe the town on the way. The ponies in the cafe acted like they saw nothing, yet Grey saw it, no doubt about that. He didn't want to raise alarms with the other two so he kept it quiet.

I'll bring it up later, for now, lets just move.

9. James Dark War

James Dark War Shadow Pony 34

Patien was enjoying himslef being in rain was a rare change back in his home land as it wouldn't rain for months even a year he was in the everfree forest until that lighting bolt crashed to the ground he went to see if any one was hurt but he saw a huge crowed all around the sight where the lighting bolt had hurt "Hello is any one hurt can I help" he suddenly stopped talkibng relising that this town might not like the look of him being a zebra every town he went to he was stared at he was worried that this town might do the same but he wanted to help this town help those who might have been injured.

10. Mista Squishy

Mista Squishy (ThatSquishyGuy)

Night Light was stirring up the rain clouds in Ponyville; attempting to create a magnificent light show... but something was wrong with the clouds... it was as if they were resisting Night Light's attempt to manipulate them.
    Light tried harder to collide the clouds together... with heavy resistance they finally did forming such a bright flash of lightening that Night Light was almost blinded by it.

Before Light could react the bright bolt zoomed past him grazing his wing and slamming into the ground just outside of a cafe.
    The wound on light's wing had caused him to loose altitude rapidly, free falling; He crashed into a nearby tree with a loud thud, He Laid suspended on a branch which didn't hold him for long and snapped leading him to a short hard drop on the ground near where the lightening bolt hit.

"Gah! by Luna's sweet...!" Light had landed awkwardly on his already singed wing. "I swear every damn day i crash into something, get hit by lightening bolts, or just be blown up by anything and everything!!!"

11. Aethelberdia

Wreck, while everybody else introduced each other, noticed a young colt lying on the floor and angrily shouting at the top of his voice. Approaching the young pony he noticed a few things: firstly, the colt was struggling just to get up, second, there was a smell of burning, and thirdly that he'd managed to fall near the impact crater the rock/lightning bolt had left. Thus, Wreck (using his seldom-used powers of deduction) deduced that the kid had been hit by the bolt and sent flying into a tree. While working this out he was staring at the young pegasus and the surrounding area, so much so that the colt was looking at him somewhat quizzically, but then Wreck broke the (rather awkward) silence by saying: "Hey, kid, anything I can do to help? Have you broken a leg? A wing? Are you on fire?". Not the most eloquent of evaluations, but it'd do.

12. Raiken

Raiken I am magic

Raiken, having noticed the rather large absence of Wreck-shaped dragons near her, turned round. She spotted him off near a tree, with another pony. The newcomer look hurt! She quickly apologised to Grey and flew of to where the pony was lying on the ground.

Stepping down lightly next to him, the young filly stared at the pony intently before inquiring

"are you okay mister?"
    "You look a bit dead"
    "Who are you?"

Raiken really wished she'd brought some bandages...

13. Mista Squishy

Mista Squishy (ThatSquishyGuy)

Night Light looked up to see a white and blue dragon who seemed to be Quite a talker, asking if he were OK, and a small gray filly asking roughly the same.

"no, i'm fine... stuff like this happens to me all the time, i'm used to it" Light got up and dusted himself off... "i'm Night Light by the way, may i ask you're names?"

14. Natura

Natura Pony

Grey's mind began to wonder, the lightning strike, the Dragon, the oblivious crowd, the weird rock...

What in Equestria is going on
    ? Somehow I feel the coffee shop isn't such a good idea, but there's no point staying stay here

Just then, the small grey filly gave a quick "Sorry!" and shot off to where the dragon stood, by a nearby tree.. and more smoke. He heard Wreck talking as he drew closer "A Wing? Are you on fire?" Then another, unfamiliar voice responded. Nearing the tree, Grey noticed a young, somewhat wounded, pegasus picking himself up off the ground. Placing himself behind Wreck and Raiken, Grey observed the conversation. From what he gathered, this pegasus had also fallen victim to the bizarre bolt of lightning that had struck Wreck.

Looking around, Grey thought he'd caught a glimpse of a Zebra not far in the distance, maybe it was nothing, but his gaze was averted as the new pegasus introduced himself and asked the group for their names.

"Good morning Light. My name's Grey, as in the color
    . Sorry for cutting straight to the point here but... Did you notice anything, well, peculiar about the bolt that hit you?" Grey looked around at the drenched ponies, only realizing now that the scales of a dragon allows the water to just run straight off them. Lucky... He continued "Something really weird is going on right now, we we're just about to head down the bridleway to that coffee shop over there..." Grey gestured in the vague direction "...to sit down and try to figure out exactly whats going on, and get out of this awful weather, if you wish to join us?