1. Hey, Guest. You will require a character before you will be able to participate. You can apply for that by clicking here.
  2. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Ponyville Moving Day

Discussion in 'Main Roleplay' started by Little Emerald, 15 August 2012.

1. Little Emerald

Little Emerald Currently addicted to: Monster Hunter

Just for those who are unaware, Little Emerald and his mother have just moved into Ponyville. After this post, feel free to interact with him to introduce them to Ponyville.

Just outside of Ponyville, there was a house near a river. Apparently it was only built recently, so nopony had lived there before. That is, until the sound of a cart being pulled along was heard from the distance. Soon enough, the silhouette of a pony pulling said cart was also seen, with what appeared to be a younger pony on board.

Once they became clearer, the mare, Emerald and her son, Little Emerald, were noticeably tired from their long travel from Manehattan. As they reached the house, Emerald went inside, shortly followed by her son. A little while later, they returned to retrieve their belongings piece by piece. As Little Emerald pulled out each of his toys, he got distracted and began to play with it a little, yet his mother didn't mind. Luckily the heavier items had already been delivered to their house.

Slowly but surely, the pile of items on the cart shrank, and once they had finished, Emerald parked the cart to the side of the house. She looked to Little Emerald, who was still playing with his favourite toy pegasus plushie, and gave him a gentle smile.

"Little Emerald! We're done, dear." Emerald called to her son. "Why don't we have some lunch, then we can go and visit our new hometown."

Little Emerald smiled in agreement, and the two entered the house. A little while later, they emerged, both wearing saddlebags. Little Emerald was sat on his mother's back, and they began their trek into Ponyville.

2. Markovnikov

Markovnikov Row Harder!

Oar Stroke quickly found himself wandering the outskirts of Ponyville. It had been a quite a wile now since he knew where he was going, and now was just walking around for the sake of walking around.

He always enjoyed his walks around town. There was an air of tranquillity in Ponyville that was very much absent when he lived back in Cantelot.

It was not long before Oar Stroke noticed two ponies off in the distance. A mother and child by the looks of them since the child was riding on the mothers back. Oar Stroke took a deep breath as he tried to untangle the mess of thoughts in his head.

Ok so there probably new here since all these houses are up for sale. Well I guess I could go introduce myself. But maybe there busy, I wouldn’t want to be a bother.

NO! I'm not going to get over my social anxiety by always avoiding the issue. Ok deep breath, just go over there and say hello. Its not that hard, the word was invented to greet ponies for Celestia sake. Ok no more stalling, its now or never.

Oar Stroke quickly made his way over to the two ponies coming up from an angle just outside of their vision. He inhaled deeply and spoke with a volume just loud enough to be heard.

“Um....Hello”

3. Little Emerald

As Emerald trotted on, she gave a smile and a friendly "Hello" in return to the stallion's kind greeting. Little Emerald, however was keen to say more.

"Hi!" he exclaimed, "my name's Little Emerald! What about you?"

Not minding her son being a little social, Emerald stopped and let Little Emerald continue his conversation.

4. Markovnikov

Markovnikov Row Harder!

"Oh, um, I'm Oar Stroke. nice to meet you"

So far so good

"So I'm guessing you new in town?" he asked in a more correct me if I'm wrong tone.

5. Arualsti

Arualsti ah-roo-al-stee

Starfall picked her way out of the bushes. She was on the lookout for Old Grey Feather's prize swan, which had been missing from her farm for the week. So far all her searching had been fruitless, and painful she realised and she picked burdocks out of her wings. Starfall yearned for a case for interesting than a runaway swan or a misplaced flowerpot, sometimes she felt folks round Ponyville just humoured her detective agency. 'Maybe I should move somewhere busier. Like Canterlot, or Cloudsdale.' she murmured to herself under her breath.

The sound of ponies talking made her head swivel. She flapped into the nearest tree and clinging onto a branch with her back legs, she peered out between the leaves. Her mind jumped into 'detective' mode.

'Three ponies, two adult, 1 colt. The green mare must be his mother and from the uneasy stance of the other, I deduce he is of no connection to the other two. Now I recognise the stallion, not the other two, and by the looks of things, he doesn't recognise them either. Now I make my job to know everyone hear in Ponyville, so I deduce the mother and her son are new in town. Also judging from their direction they must be coming from the newly built house outside of Ponyville. Therefore they must be newly moved in ponies!'

It was then that the branch Starfall was one decided to break.

6. Markovnikov

Markovnikov Row Harder!

Introductions were going well. Dispite stubleing over almost everything he said Oar Stroke had yet to make a compleat foal out of himself, yet.

the conversation was suddenly interrupted by a loud crack, followed by an even louder thud. Oar Stroke spun round to get a better look at the sudden brake in the akwardness. He could see in the distance a pegasis, clinging onto a branch, at the base of a nearby tree.

Not the best way to end a conversation but I've had worse

7. Little Emerald

Little Emerald was the only one of the group not to notice the pegasus fall out of the tree, as he was so excited to meet somepony new. However, the change of everypony else's attention distracted him. Ignoring the commotion, he continued the conversation to break the awkward silence. "We sure have! Just moved in today! Mummy's taking me into town to have a look around, aren't we Mummy?... Mummy?"

Emerald was distracted, keeping an eye on the mysterious pegasus, and wondering if she had indeed been spying on them.

8. Arualsti

Arualsti ah-roo-al-stee

Starfall slinked sheepishly up to the group and cleared her throat. 'So, headed into Ponyville for those essentials? Moving in can sure be tiring work'. She nervously grinned, her deductions weren't usually wrong, but on the occasion that they were, she worried about the embarrassment and confusion it could cause. She held a hoof out to the green mare. 'I-i'm Starfall, resident detective. Where have you and your son moved from?' She turned to Oar Stroke and gave him a curt nod. She had seen him several times out on the Ponyville lake, more so since the swan hunt began.

9. Little Emerald

Emerald cautiously accepted the hoofshake. She didn't know wether to trust this "Detective Starfall" yet. As for Little Emerald, he grew with even more excited as he finally noticed Starfall. "Oh, we're from Manehattan!" he blurted without thinking, "It's a really busy place, and Mummy says it's dangerous too. That's why I stayed at home. But Ponyville looks a lot safer!"

Emerald smiled and blushed as she silently agreed that she had indeed sheltered her son from the harsh environment that was the streets of Manehatan. "If Ponyville is indeed safer," she thought to herself, "why does it need a detective?"

10. Markovnikov

Markovnikov Row Harder!

Oar Stroke was happy to take a back seat in the conversation for a little bit. Though he had not gotten to know Starfall very well he still felt relatively open around her, so having her there did help to ease the tension.

That's why I stayed at home. But Ponyville looks a lot safer!" Little Emerald finished.

“Oh yes Ponyville is about as safe as the come, so long as you steer clear of the Everfree forest” Oar Stroke pointed out, his tone a lot more cheerful now. “If you want I can show you the local Café?

11. Little Emerald

Emerald was snapped out of her thoughts at the sound of the word "cafe". She looked over to Little Emerald, who was beaming at the thought of meeting more new ponies there. "I don't see why not," Emerald replied. Little Emerald could hardly contain his excitement when his mother agreed. He was pure speechless.

12. Arualsti

Arualsti ah-roo-al-stee

'Is it ok I tag along?' Starfall asked 'I have been on the trail of an errant swan and I need to head back to town anyway' She grinned widely at the trio. 'Besides, the waitress makes a mean strawberry and nettle smoothie. Might just need to grab myself one'

13. Little Emerald

Little Emerald licked his lips at the mention of Strawberries. It made him think not only of the strawberries, but of the other tasty treats that could be on offer. His mother was also in a similar state of mind, then snapped herself out of it. "Well, Oar Stroke - lead the way!" She called with a sense of excitement in her voice.

14. Markovnikov

Markovnikov Row Harder!

Oar Stroke smiled as he spun round towards the town giving a rather over dramatised hoof point.

“Well then, onwards we go”

He decided to take it slow at first since his usual pace was more of a run than a walk.

“So, I know Starfall here is our resident directive.” Oar Stroke cast a glance over to Emerald and Little Emerald “So, What do you two do?”

15. Little Emerald

Emerald closed her eyes with confidence as she explained her previous profession. "Well, in Manehattan I used to run a jewellery shop, but thanks to the income from that and my husband's job in the entertainment business, I've moved here on retirement."

Little Emerald, who had climbed back onto his mother's back, simply smiled as he listened to the conversation. He didn't realise just how well off his parents were.

16. Arualsti

Arualsti ah-roo-al-stee

'Is your husband going to moving to Ponyville too?' Starfall asked curiously, unsure whether her question was rude or not. Ponyville loomed into sight and it was hard to resist the temptation to fly off with speed to reach the destination quicker. Starfall was by no means a fast or strong flier, being raised by earth pony parents in a mostly earth pony town meant that she had teach herself to fly, and missed out on things like flight camp, that so many Cloudsdale ponies attended. However, flying was still a speedy way to get from A to B for any peagasus, and after romping through the woods all morning, her legs were beginning to tire. She flapped and started slowly flying, keeping pace with her companions. Even slow travel is better than speedy travel when it is done with companions.

17. Markovnikov

Markovnikov Row Harder!

Oar Stroke was enjoying the company. A combination of long training hours and a very remote house usually left him a little out of the loop when I came to other ponies.

Is your husband going to moving to Ponyville too?”

Oar Stroke thought for a moment. He had just assumed that Emeralds husband was here all along, perhaps at the house unpacking or just sorting out some paperwork with the mayor.

18. Little Emerald

My bad, I've been neglecting the roleplay area since it doesn't show up on the "What's New" section that I keep up to date with.
    Emerald calmly nodded. "My husband works as a performer, and he's currently on a cruise ship around Equestria. Hopefully he'll be able to meet you both soon!" after walking a little longer, Emerald had a realisation - "Ponyville seems to be bigger than I thought."

Meanwhile, Little Emerald looked up at the sky, thinking of his father.

19. Pon4

Pon4 Unloved by Al

You might as well watch the thread if you don't use alerts. The Roleplay forum isn't particularly fast-moving.
    By the way, if you're going to use the parents a lot could you submit an application for them? I don't mind much but it's easier to have a reference on hoof.

20. Markovnikov

Markovnikov Row Harder!

Oar Stroke gazed around. It did not use to be like this. Ponyville had undergone a lot of new development recently.

He looked over to catch Little Emerald gazing up to the sky, his face displaying the fact that he was indeed deep in thought. Oar Stroke smiled. It had been far to long since he had seen his family. Between his parents trying to further their own music carers and that of his two sisters harths warming was just about the only time he could see all the family in one place.

“*Sigh* yea there has been a lot of development recently, luckily Ponyville hasn't lost its small town charm”