1. Hey, Guest. You will require a character before you will be able to participate. You can apply for that by clicking here.
  2. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Ponyville Moving Day

Discussion in 'Main Roleplay' started by Little Emerald, 15 August 2012.

1. Little Emerald

Little Emerald Currently addicted to: Monster Hunter

The group continued to travel along, when suddenly a growl could be heard. Little Emerald blushed. "Sorry, that was me." He said, holding his forehooves over his stomach in an attempt to cover up the noise. His mother gave a kind smile. "You're quite a hungry one today, aren't you?"

Little Emerald licked his lips. "I think it's the thought of all those tasty treats! How long is it until we get there please, Mister Oar Stroke?"

2. Markovnikov

Markovnikov Row Harder!

“Not long now. About a minute or so”

They continued down the streets of Ponyville. The place was now buzzing with activity as they were only a stones throw from the central market. It was not long before they reached their intended destination.

3. Little Emerald

Little Emerald hopped off his mother's back, and darted inside. His mother smiled, and slowly followed him in.

Inside, Little Emerald was staring at all the delicious items on offer, his open mouth drooling onto the glass. Emerald gave him a gentle tap on the shoulder, which snapped him from his gaze. "So, what would you like?" Emerald asked her son, then turning to Oar Stroke. "And something for you too, Oar Stroke. As thank you for leading us here."

4. Markovnikov

Markovnikov Row Harder!

Oar Stroke had just reached the counter when he heard Emeralds offer. A smile graced his face. It was nice to see somepony friendly enough to offer to buy him something. Living on the very edge of Ponyville did often keep him from meeting to may different ponies, though with his social skills that was probably a good thing.

“Don't worry about it, I come from a rather well off family so I would feel rather guilty if you got me something. Thanks for the offer though.”

5. Redback Sigil

Redback Sigil Resident brony sage, writer and on/off artist

OOC: Would you guys mind if I hop into here?

There it was. Redback Sigil could see the thatched roofs in the distance, and smiled. He had been on the road for the last few months, ambling and rambling from place to place. It was time for a brief break, and the young colt hadn't been back in Ponyville in ages.

"Well well, long time no see!" He said brightly to a tree that stood by the road leading into Ponyville. "You've certainly grown a tad since I was last here, haven't ya? Well, can't stay and chat, I gotta get moving. Toodles!"

The tree remained silent. But Redback simply smiled more as he trotted eagerly towards the town. Within minutes he had passed into the outskirts of Ponyville, heading for the market square. He looked around and saw a small cafe on the corner. "Ah, just what I need!"
    Without another word he headed straight for the cafe, drawing the curious eye of a few onlookers. After a good few months drifting, he wasn't exactly the cleanest or freshest-smelling of ponies.

6. Little Emerald

Not at all!
    "That's okay," Emerald replied to Oar Stroke, then noticed the room had gone quiet for a second. She looked around, and noticed that everyone was looking and commenting in whispers about the red earth pony who had just entered the cafe. He didn't appear to be very aware of his personal hygiene. Emerald turned back to see the cashier had prepared a pink eclair that Little Emerald had picked out, and was waiting for Emerald's own order.

Emerald scanned the display of foods, and her eyes caught on a sweet honey muffin. She hastily chose the muffin, and paid the cashier. Taking their plates, Emerald and her son sat down at a nearby table, noticing that everypony was still staring at the somewhat strange red pony.

7. Markovnikov

Markovnikov Row Harder!

As per usual Oar Stroke had no idea that everypony else was looking at the new arrival. Oar Stroke thought for a moment before just ordering the same thing he dose every time. Large dandelion sandwich, large hay fries and a whole apple pie.

Ok now here comes the hard part

He focused in on the meal and brought about his utmost concentration. Slowly the food began to lift of the counter, covered in a very pale almost fleeting aura, and headed over to the table. Oar Strokes brow was already covered in sweat as he stared down the food hovering towards the table.

Thank Celestia the chose a nearby table

8. Redback Sigil

Redback smiled as he entered the cafe, eager to get some real food in his belly. Blissfully ignorant of the curious stares he was drawing from many of the ponies, he paused a moment as he approached the counter. The unicorn ahead of him seemed to be straining alot to cast a spell. Either that food was heavier than it looked, or this unicorn has some sort of trouble with magic. But The food hovered through the air and headed towards a table soon enough, so he put it from his mind and headed up to make his order. "A pot of peppermint tea please, and the biggest chocolate cake you have."

The pony behind the counter raised an eyebrow "A whole cake?"

"It's been too long since I last had any cake. I gotta make up for lost deliciousness." Redback replied as he fumbled for his moneybag. Tipping it on the counter, his ears fell flat as three coins came tumbling out. "Oh dear...um, make that one slice...of the biggest chocolate cake you have."

9. Redback Sigil

As he entered the cafe, the first thing Redback noticed was how quiet it was. Normally such a place would be filled with ponies laughing, chatting and suchlike. But he shrugged, either wilfully ignoring or blisfully unaware of the stares he was drawing.
    As the unicorn ahead of him levitated his orders away (With some difficulty, he noted), he tok his place at the counter "I'll have a cold mint-tea, and the biggest chocolate cake you got!"

The pony at the cashier raised an eyebrow "...The whole cake?"

"Hey, I haven't seen a good cake in a least a week I gotta make up for lost delicacy!" He replied as he got out his moneybag. But his ears fell as he overturned the little pouch and emptied out only three coins. "Oh dear...erm, make that a slice of...the biggest chocolate cake you got." he stammered sheepishly.

10. Little Emerald

Little Emerald was too busy nomming away on his pink eclair to take notice of the recent events. However, while his mother was worrying about Oar Stroke. "Trouble controlling your magic?" she asked him, "I haven't seen a unicorn struggle with levitation before." She paused, wondering if she had offended poor Oar Stroke. "Then again, I'm only an Earth Pony, what do I know?"

As he finished his eclair (and did rather swiftly), Little Emerald looked up and finally took notice of the red stallion, sadly handing over his bits. "Now there's somepony who could do with cheering up!" Little Emerald thought to himself. He hopped off his chair, and walked on up to greet his potential friend. "Hi there!" he called, looking up at the red pony, who had yet to take his order from the counter. It was awkward, because Little Emerald had accidentally chosen the spot right in the way.

11. Markovnikov

Markovnikov Row Harder!

Chink

Finally

Oar Stroke placed the food down on the table finally allowing himself a moment to breath.

"...The whole cake?"

"Hey, I haven't seen a good cake in a least a week I gotta make up for lost delicacy!"

The whole cake, ha a stallion after my own heart

"Oh dear...erm, make that a slice of...the biggest chocolate cake you got."

Oar Stroke looked over to see a red earth pony looking very sheepish. Casting his gaze down Oar Stroke noticed the rather small pile of bits gracing the counter.

Humm lets see if I can do something about that.

Oar Stroke cast a knowing glance over to the cashier, to which see responded with a small nod and smile. When I came to social problems Oar Stroke was as useless as the come, but having rich parents meant money problems were a slightly easer fix. Pretty much all he had to do was send a letter starting Mother, Father you know I love you very much.... and before you know it bits were being thrown his way, not that he liked asking his parents for more money.

Oar Stroke made a metal note to pay the cashier for the cake before he left.

"Trouble controlling your magic?"

12. Redback Sigil

As Redback was about to take his cup of tea and slice of cake (which in itself was a decent size but hey, it still wasn't The whole thing), he found his was barred by a tiny colt, with spiky black hair and a green coat. The little fellow smiled up at him "Hi there!"

"First things first, if you could shift aside a bit..." He gently pushed the little colt to the side, so he could get to his food. With that issue solved, he smiled warmly "So then, hi there to you too, little guy! Redback's me name. Redback Sigil, but my friends just call me Red. And who might you be then?"

As he picked up his food, the pony at the counter took back his slice and replaced it into the cake. But before he could protest, the entire cake was plopped onto his plate. Never one to bandy words when free food was about, Redback shrugged and took up the plate in one hoof, gripping the teacup in his teeth.

13. Markovnikov

Markovnikov Row Harder!

Oar Stroke let out a very audible sigh.

“No no, its ok. I don't mind talking about. It just growing up I never had any aptitude for magic. It didn’t bother me that I couldn't do magic, what bothered me was how disappointed my parent were. Not showing any aptitude for music either just made it all that much harder. But its ok now me and my parents have put that all behind us now, their happy with what ever I chose to do with my life.”

Oar stroke let out another sigh.

“But there is still a part of me that wants to just walk back through their door with magic flowing effortlessly from my horn.”

14. Little Emerald

"My name's Little Emerald!" the small green colt said with a beam. "I just moved into Ponyville earlier today! What about you, Red?" If it wasn't for the eclair he just had, Little Emerald would have wanted some of that chocolate cake. But, he had learned not to be greedy.

Meanwhile, Emerald put a sympathetic hoof to the back of Oar Stroke. "Don't worry," she said gently, "you'll get the hang of it one day. Why, when I started my jewellery business back in Manehattan, I had barely any customers for the first few months. After time, the store suddenly gained popularity and we were flowing with customers! But enough about me, what do you do for a living, Oar Stroke?"

15. Markovnikov

Markovnikov Row Harder!

Oar Stroke gave a soft smile, he was all to happy to change the conversation.

“Well put simply I row, and hopefully if things go my way I’ll be representing Canterlot in the the next Olympic games.” Oar Stroke said pride now oozing from his voice.

16. Redback Sigil

Redback headed to a small table and set down his orders. "What am I doin' here in Ponyville, ya mean? Well, I've been on the road for a good few months now, travelling around. Then I was travellin' south from Canterlot, and Ponyville was on the way so I decided to stop here. Dunno how long I'll stay, but it's been a while since I was last here, so probably a long time."

Then, disregarding plates or cutlery, he grabbed a whole slice of the chocolate cake in his teeth and devoured it whole. Smacking his lips, he washed it down with a contrastingly delicate and dignified sip of tea. "Mmm, glad to see they still do a good cuppa here. You wanna slice of this thing?"

17. Little Emerald

Emerald gasped in awe of Oar Stroke. "Wow, you're going to be an Olympic athelete? That's amazing!" For some reason, though she never really paid attention to the games, she was interested in meeting somepony who was potentially going to be in them.

Little Emerald paused for a second, then accepted Redback's offer with a nod. "I'd like to be a traveller too, when I grow up." he added. "Especially travelling on the train! In fact, I got my cutie mark on the way here because I loved the journey so much!" He turned his flank to show Redback his mark, a railway track. "Neat, huh?" Little Emerald asked before sitting into a chair.

18. Redback Sigil

"Good goin', little guy!" Redback replied as he glanced at the colt's cutie mark. So his special talent is to do with trains then? "Yeah, trains are grand and all but fer me, nothin' beats trudging down a dirt road, completely free. Well, maybe it could be beat by settling down for the night with a good book of magic. That's my special talent, y'see."
    Twisting his hip slightly, Redback showed Little Emerald the mark on his flank: a small black book with a golden star on the front.

19. Little Emerald

"Ooooh..." Little Emerald said as he peered across the table to marvel at the golden star on Redback's cutie mark. "What kinda magic do you do?"

20. Markovnikov

Markovnikov Row Harder!

With that conversation over, and Oar Stroke gaining a +1 to his ego, he decided it would be a good time to get started on his food. It didn't take long for him to make his way through most of the meal, having a active lifestyle often leads to eating a LOT more.

“So Emerald, what do you plan to do job wise now that your here in Ponyville?”