1. Hey, Guest. You will require a character before you will be able to participate. You can apply for that by clicking here.
  2. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Ponyville Moving Day

Discussion in 'Main Roleplay' started by Little Emerald, 15 August 2012.

1. Redback Sigil

Redback Sigil Resident brony sage, writer and on/off artist

Redback waved a hoof dismissively. "Nah, I can't actually do any magic. I just study it alot. Pretty fascinating stuff if you have the right books! It's actually one advantage of constantly travelling: You never know when you'll stumble into some ancient hidden archive in the loft of a barn and find a parchment that teaches spells to make your nose hair grow twice as fast. But enough about last Monday."

It was then that the pon noticed something "Hey, um, making no assumptions about your age here, but I'm guessing yer a bit young to be hanging around a cafe alone. Your parents about?"

2. Little Emerald

Little Emerald Currently addicted to: Monster Hunter

Little Emerald giggled at the mention of nose hairs. He was imagining Redback with really long hairs coming out of his snout, and struggling to keep them under control. Then he heard his new friend question where his parents were.

"Oh, Mummy's only over there," Little Emerald replied, pointing a hoof over to Emerald and Oar Stroke. He gave his mother a wave from across the room. "I always make sure I'm not too far from Mummy, in case she gets worried. Although, she tells me I might be old enough to go around Ponyville alone once we're familiar with the place!"

Inbetween bites of her honey muffin, Emerald caught notice of her son waving at her. She gave a friendly wave back, even though she had kept an eye on Little Emerald the whole time. "Oh, between my husband and myself, we've earned enough bits for us to afford a peaceful retirement here in Ponyville. However, Emerald Ray doesn't want to leave his performer's lifestyle, so he's still going on the occasional cruise ship. One day, I might get bored and open up a jewellery shop here too!"

3. Markovnikov

Markovnikov Row Harder!

“Wow you seem to have done quit well for yourself” Oar Stroke said as he looked over to see what Emerald was waving at.

“And looks like Little Emerald has made a new friend”

4. Redback Sigil

"Well, that's good to know," Redback replied, waving along with the little colt. As he cast his eye to the mare who was apparently Little Emerald's mother, he noticed quite a few ponies in the cafe making a deliberate effort to not look at him. A few he even caught looking at him, before they hastily turned away. His smile faltering slightly, he muttered to the colt "Now that's odd. Seems quite a few ponies are starin' at yours truly. I mean, I know I'm good-lookin' and all, but still...any idea what that might be about?"

5. Little Emerald

Emerald smiled at the thought of her son making new friends. She felt that he was old enough now to be trusted, especially in a calm place like Ponyville. Emerald looked up in thought, then noticed the clock up high on the wall of the cafe. "Oh my," Emerald gasped, "We've been here quite a while, and I haven't finished looking around yet." She called out to Little Emerald. "Little one! It's time to go!"

After Redback pointed out that he was being watched, Little Emerald scanned the room and noticed the same too. He gave a shrug as if to say "I dunno." Then he heard his mother calling. "Oh, I gotta go. I bet mummy wants to find the other shops!" He hopped off his chair, and gave Redback a wave. "Seeya around, Red!" Little Emerald called with a beam.

As the mother and son reunited, Emerald turned back to Oar Stroke. "Do you fancy continuing your tour of Ponyville? I'd like to see what more the town has on offer."

6. Redback Sigil

Scarfing down the last few slices of cake and chugged the last dregs of tea (Scorching his throat a tad in the process), Redback jumped to his hooves and trotted to the trio of ponies. "Actually, if'n you'll beg my pardon...hey, Redback Sigil, nice to meet ya. If I may, miss, while I was chatting with your son, he mentioned that you're new in town, and I overheard talk of a tour round town." The colt looked round the cafe before continuing "I've actually just come back to Ponyville after a pretty long stroll, so would you mind if I tag along, see if anything's changed since I was last here?"

7. Little Emerald

Emerald was slightly startled by the sudden actions of this "Redback Sigil". However, since she saw the beam grow on the little one's face as if to say "yes please!", she gave a smile. "I don't see why not. After all, you made good conversation with my son!"

Little Emerald closed his eyes with excitement, his face still wearing a huge grin. He span round to Oar Stroke. "Come on, Oar Stroke! Are you coming with us?"

8. Markovnikov

Markovnikov Row Harder!

“Sounds like a plan” Oar Stroke said with a smile as he pulled himself up to his hooves and made his was to the front of the pack. He thought for a moment about where to go before just giving up and deciding the market was as good as any place to see next.

“Off we go then” Oar Stroke said as he began to leave the café.

Suddenly he stops dead in his tracks.

“Oh before I forget, there's one thing I have to do” He added before rushing back to the counter of the café and dropping a small bag of bits down for the cashier.

“Ok now we can go”

9. Little Emerald

The market was bustling with ponies going to and from each stall. Little Emerald dashed over to each of them, to get a good view of the different things on sale. And there was a wide variety of items on offer - mostly fruits and vegetables, but there was also some stalls that sold trinkets and toys. Upon seeing the toys, Little Emerald stopped darting around and stared with his eyes wide open. "Ooooh..."

While trying to keep eyes on her son, Emerald was also scanning the market for something in particular. Luckily she found it right next to the toy stall Little Emerald had stopped at. Emerald pointed towards her chosen stall with a hoof. "Back in a minute!" She called, before trotting off in that direction.

10. Redback Sigil

Well, at least some things don't change, Redback thought to himself. He failed to suppress a giggle at how old that thought made him feel, and made up for it by joining Little Emerald at checking out the toys. There were all manner of gizmos and trinkets, but what caught his eye was an assortment of old fashioned wooden toys. Little trains that you pull along by a string, yo-yos, all hand crafted and painted in garish bright colours. Just the kind of thing to catch his childish eye.

"Heheh... All aboard! Whoop whoop!" He laughed to himself as he trundled one of the toy trains along the tabletop. Disregarding the glare of mixed bemusement and disapproval he recieved from the stall owner, he returned to Oar Stroke, his apparent tour guide.

"Sure is nice to see an old fashioned markeplace again. Last one I saw was the grand bazaar in Canterlot, and that's about ten times this big...I didn't catch yer name, by the way... How d'you like that, don't even know me own tour-guide's name. Hardly polite, eh?" He asked nopony in particular. When he got no reply, he turned back to Oar Stroke "My name's Redback, Red for short, Redback Sigil for fancy. And you would be...?"