1. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

Music

Discussion in 'Audio/Video/Books' started by DJpon3, 21 December 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DJpon3

DJpon3 Officially Unofficial

Well I asked on the old site but since this is a new place for me...What styles of music are you guys(or Girls lol) into, Pony or Non-Pony Related? for me it's all about Heavy Metal, Classic Rock and Dubstep (Wub Wub Wub) and who are your Favorite Bands?

Attached Files:

2. SailedSeven

SailedSeven Guest

I don't really have a favourite band, or a favourite genre for that matter. However, Brony music has gotten me to listen to techno more. I generally don't really listen to music with vocals, but mostly to soundtracks, and mostly from video games. Nerd, huzzah.

3. Alteran

Alteran Scissors + Running = Ouch

My favourite band of all-time would be Coldplay. There's just something about their music that really gets me worked-up. It's all just really harmonic - violins and percussion combined with "Alternative Rock" and chanting in unison - it's just so mesmerising. Out of their songs, I'd pick Paradise, Hurts Like Heaven, and Viva La Vida as the best songs, but so many more of their other songs are great too.

I also enjoy listening to Snow Patrol, Friendly Fires, Pendulum, Muse and Elbow. Lots of Alternative and Soft Rock in my tastes.

4. Bustabeat

Bustabeat why hello there

my favourite band of all time is foo fighters, I've currently seen them 4 times, twice at the isle of wight festival (along with coldplay first time),
    then i've gotta say its goes jimi hendrix, muse, duran duran, guns n roses. i realise it is a fairly mixed group

5. SailedSeven

SailedSeven Guest

I like Pendulum and I've started listening to Coldplay since you told me how much you liked them on Steam. My mum is obsessed with Viva la Vida.

6. Foxytail

Foxytail Pink Pegasus Huggle Gamer

Ever since being part of everpony radio, I've found I like almost all kinds of music if ponies are involved XD Outside of ponies, my tastes vary. I like the smooth, jazzy voices of people like Cab Calloway and Melody Gardot, while enjoying the good rocking tunes of bands like Linkin Park, Crush 40 and Paramore.

7. Starburst

Starburst Active Pony

Heavy metal and classic rock for me! Can't beat a bit of Led Zeppelin or Iron Maiden, or Pink Floyd or Dire Straits for that matter. Although I agree with Foxytail, I can enjoy pretty much anything when ponies get involved :) and that definitely includes dubstep and electro.

8. DJpon3

Nothin' like the Banshee Wail of Bruce Dickinson or the Space Rock Guitar of David Glimour from Pink Floyd! and Personally Dubstep has sparked a Music career for me!

9. ecmc1093

ecmc1093 floof

I am mainly a fan of Heavy metal, alternative rock and classic rock. I don't think I can choose a favourite band but here are some that I like: Metallica, Megadeth, Avenged Sevenfold, Children of Bodom, Muse, The Killers, Dream Theater, Iron Maiden, Queen. My most favourite song of all time is Bohemian Rhapsody.

Dax and Sharpy like this.
  10. Sharpy

Sharpy UKofE Co-Founder

I think this summed up exactly the same as me... Im feeling lazy so will quote :)

11. Starburst

Starburst Active Pony

Right now, this is totally doing it for me, this kind of beat was just made for Fluttershy.

Maho likes this.
  12. Sharpy

Sharpy UKofE Co-Founder

not bad, intro feels a little jerky for my taste. But once it gets going I quite like it.

13. Redback Sigil

Redback Sigil Resident brony sage, writer and on/off artist

Well, I probably have the most diverse and eclectic taste in music possible. What I'm mainly into is Heavy Metal- A little bit of all kinds, but definitely Power Metal the most, espeially fantasy-power-metal: The nonsensical lyrics, the high-fantasy themes, the anthemic choruses, the backing instruments which range from blooping bleeping keyboards to full symphony orchestras and 50 person choirs, it's just darn good fun. But otherwise, I do like some classic metal, black metal, glam, etc. Favourite bands are probably Freedom Call, Stratovarius, Nightwish and Iron Maiden.

Swing Jazz- I was introduced to this by my dad, with the big band swing classic "Sing Sing Sing". It's just so addictive, catchy and toe-tap-inducing. I even taught myself to play it on the drums, and since then, I've realy grown to enjoy jazz. But it has to be the real dancy, fast, bombastic stuff. Late-Night jazz and blues just make me feel drowsy. Favourite bands/artists: Benny Goodman, Buddy Rich and Gene Krupa.

But while they're not really my favourite kinds of music, thanks to bronies I have grown to like some stuff, like Eurobeat (Thanks to OdysseyEurobeat), softer rock (Thanks very much, BeatlesBrony and Mandopony), ambient rock (Acousic Brony), classical (Friendship Symphony in D Major) and...whatever genre of music WoodenToaster does...Seriously I listen to' Nightmare Night' and 'Rainbow Factory' and it's like, is it industrial, dubstep, techno, what?! I certainly do appreciate electronic music more now.

14. SailedSeven

SailedSeven Guest

Wow, exactly the same happened to me. My dad loves that music and introduced me to it aswell. "Sing Sing Sing" and Benny Goodman in general is absolutely amazing.

15. DJpon3

well After doing some quick Calculations of my Music Folder, out of 12,753 songs, 5,993 of them are pony related making 47% of my music Pony Related :D

16. SailedSeven

SailedSeven Guest

How in the world?! I wasn't even aware there is that much pony music.

17. Alteran

Alteran Scissors + Running = Ouch

Mind packing-up your 6,000-odd Pony songs into a RAR or something so I can have them? :p

18. TallBrony91

TallBrony91 Well-Known Pony

Music for me I really love Rock, Metal and Dance tunes, my favourite band has got to be Crossfade, I started listening to them 5 years ago and the first song I heard from them was called "So Far Away" and it was amazing, and it's still my no.1 favourite song of all time. :D

Other bands or singers I like are: Linkin Park, Limp Bizkit, Crush 40, Cascada, Coldplay, Sum 41, Zebrahead, Busted (yes even though they split up ages ago, there music is still great to listen to :D), Avril Lavigne, Daft Punk & Pendulum.

With Pony music I love all the tunes that i've listened to so far, Eurobeat Brony, Alex S., Swagberg, Mic The Microphone, RainbowCrash88 the list goes on and on there is just so much musical talent in this community. :D

19. DJpon3

I basically downloaded any kind of Music on sight lol I am such a softy on the music genres

20. DJpon3

sorry but I've already tried and I have been having Issues with making a RAR that big :/ but I can refer you some great tracks if you like

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.