1. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

My first G3 pony!

Discussion in 'My Little Pony G1-G3 Merch' started by lilwitchygirl, 17 October 2014.

1. lilwitchygirl

Got a surprise from my friend last night, my first G3 pony!Looked her up her name is Sparkleworks! Any advice for collecting older generation ponies?(before G4?):confused:

Attached Files:

2. Pastel Kiwi

Pastel Kiwi New Pony

Aww! My first G3 was StarBeam ;v;
    i don't have any advice as I'm super new to the older gens myself but hello!

3. lilwitchygirl

Hello! I had a few when I was little but I never bothered to learn their names or generations, I just liked them because they were pretty :D Wish I would of kept them! There's tonnes online but I wouldn't know where to start,maybe looking out for the mane 6 in the older generations?:confused:

4. Tina Sallis

Tina Sallis Recognised Pony

Dax and pinkkittywinks like this.
  5. Bronydiferous

Bronydiferous 'Diferous

Congrats!

I bought my first G3 ponies a month ago - Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy! :)

I found a G1 Posey at MCM Comiccon on Saturday which I was so happy about - she's the early Fluttershy.

I'm hopefully going to get the various Mane 6 ponies of the different generations and then maybe (maybe) branch out from there,

6. Tina Sallis

Tina Sallis Recognised Pony

And that's how your collection will grow :) you will find many similarities between the G3 and G4 ponies, especially in the G4 blind bag releases :)

These G3 ponies were also released as G4

Applejack (also G1), Beach Berry, Blossomforth, Breezie, Bumblesweet, Cheerilee, Cinnamon Breeze, Coconut Cream, Comet Tail, Cupcake, Dainty Daisy, Fizzy Pop, Flower Wishes, Fluttershy, Gardenia Glow, Kiwi tart, Minty, Peachy Pie, Pick-a-Lily, Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, Rainbow Flash, Rarity, Scootaloo, Sky Wishes, Star Swirl, Sunny Daze, Sweetie Belle and Sweet Song.

Some are different ponies, either in colour like the Sunny Daze's (G4 is lilac, G3 is white), Others are different species (G4 Rainbow Dash is pegasus, G3 is earth pony), some may even be different genders, Comet Tail is female in G3, but male in G4 o_O

What's even funner and more of a challenge is trying to find their G1 counterparts :D

#6 Tina Sallis, 28 October 2014
    Last edited: 28 October 2014
    pinkkittywinks likes this.
  7. Bronydiferous

Bronydiferous 'Diferous

I
    I'm going to need a bigger wallet... And a bigger cupboard! :p I like the sound of collecting being a challenge and that there's an element of fun involved too, not just a "gotta catch 'em all" mentality. ;-)

8. pinkkittywinks

pinkkittywinks Princess Kittywinks

Congrats on Sparkleworks! You've got to love pink and orange :)

Tina has given some great advice and links to helpful website.

To expand a little on why so many G3's appear again in the G4 line is because the characters were already trade marked ;)

You can play match the pony with all the generations as some characters do crop up ;)

Love pkw xxx

Tina Sallis likes this.