1. Hey, Guest. You will require a character before you will be able to participate. You can apply for that by clicking here.
  2. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

my introduction

Discussion in 'Main Roleplay' started by Privet, 17 February 2016.

1. Privet

Privet Pony

i know im not supposed to talk in the present tense but i need to introduce myself, i am privet, a mechanic who just moved into Ponyville, feel free to visit me and say hi :)

(please do tell me if i got that wrong, i have read the rules)

2. Privet

Privet Pony

It had been a long day of organizing furniture and small projects in Privets new house after moving in from Canterlot two days ago so he thought it was time to explore the town, see what it had to offer, such as buying the weeks groceries and a few supplies for that project.... that is if he could find the place.

3. Blaze_Midnight

Blaze_Midnight Isn't it great to be different?

Looking up and down the various side streets looking for Spirit and her current partner in crime. Cascade seemed to get a little irritated.

"Where are those 2? I'm sure they can't hide that well. Spirit's only just managed to stable her flight so that's a slight bother... thankfully her stamina can't keep her up for too long.. but still. Blight is able to give them away... so why are they so difficult to find?"

Blight, the little wolf cub that Cascade and Midnight found and rescued on one of their trips, was finally starting to get himself together. Being with Spirit however had its upsides and downsides. Upside, Blight was becoming more adventurous and enjoyed interacting with new ponies and creatures. Downside. The exact same as the upsides.

"CASCADE. Catch"

A small glowing ball was thrown from one of the roof tops.

"Thanks Midnight. I'm sure Blight won't be able to hide much longer when he sees this."

Cascade threw it towards the end of one of the alleyways. Something flew out from behind a discarded barrel after the bouncing ball.

"Blight no comeback... watch out for the carts"

Spirit had been found aswell. She charged out and followed Blight as he bounded down the alley, his tongue hanging out of his mouth as he ran. Coming to the end of the alleyway he sprung out and infront of somepony who looked like he was looking for something.

4. Privet

Privet Pony

whilst looking for a garage shop, out of nowhere came (what i assume to be) a wolf cub followed by another pony. After the near collision Privet examined what had nearly hit him. "Whoa! who are you too? Ive never seen a wolf before"

5. Blaze_Midnight

Blight will sort of speak also.. Only his is what he would say in his thoughts. No other characters will hear him, only read his body language to get an idea of how he is feeling (sort of how you would do with dogs irl) Might upload the character app I did for him at some point

Cascade decided the safer option was to take to the sky and look around for them. Both of them now out in the open, they had some explaining to do and of course, to apologise to the pony they had very nearly ran in to.

"Damnit you two..."

Noticing the ball was still bouncing away ahead of them, it didn't take Cascade much to pass and stop it, before somepony else ended up nearly colliding with Blight. Spirit was close behind him, and the look on her face as Cascade stood just up ahead, the ball in her claws.

Blight grinded to a halt, his ears back and a sorry look on his face. Spirit used her wings to buffer her speed till she too came to a halt.

"Spirit... Blight... What have you both been up to?"

Spirit had her ears back like Blight.

"Sorry Cascade..."

"Sorry Mummy..."

"Wait.. Spirit. Before you say anything to me. I need both of you to go back to the pony over there and apologise for nearly colliding with him."

Cascade pointed a claw in the direction of a white stallion, who seemed a little shook up by his close encounter. Both Blight and Spirit turned and walked towards the pony, Cascade followed behind to check that they would do it.

6. Privet

Privet Pony

Privet gave a smile and accepted the apology. "Its quite alright, no pony or wolf was hurt. now care to explain who you are? being in a new area, i'm not sure where everything is". before waiting for a reply he quickly said "unless you want me to go first?"

(if im going outside the scope of the roleplay, do say so. ive never written a book before (assuming this is similar)

7. Blaze_Midnight

don't worry about it. You're doing fine instead of putting a non rp bit of text in brackets. Use a spoiler and put it as OOC. It'll separate it up better
    After the apologies had been said. Cascade stepped forward between the 2 troublemakers.

"Hello sir. I'm sorry for the near miss from these two before. They are a little energetic most of the time. I'm Cascade, this young pegasus is Spirit and the little ball of fur is Blight"

Cascade held out a foot with an aim to shake the ponies hoof. Meanwhile Blight sat and scratched behind his left ear. He'd been scratching that ear quite often lately.

"
    Itchy, itchy, itchy... ahh that's better."

A giggle from the other side of Cascade got his attention, lowering himself and getting ready to pounce a flick from Cascade's tail caught his flank and stopped him before he started something. Blight planted his rump back on the ground as a rubber ring rolled its way to him from the direction of his partner in crime.

He promptly took the toy in his mouth and began chewing and shaking his head to try and tear it open.

8. Privet

Privet Pony

"Well hello young Blight and Spirit, keeping Cascade fit I hope." Privet laughs gently "yes don't worry, I know how energetic little ones can be. if you wish, I can build a sort of play robot to give blight something to exert his energy on and relieve you of him for a while" Privet's face goes serious momentarily "Just don't go into the back of the shop, lots of thing that can hurt an adventurous young one"
    I assume Blight is a youngster

9. Sir Dave of Dave

Sir Dave of Dave I'm not Dave!

Dave had been observing Cascade from a distance, if she was out, Midnight was somewhere nearby. He heard her thank Midnight by name after catching something he threw, but he still couldn't see him. He was on the rooftops, he must be! He scanned the rooftops, not paying much heed to what was going on just a bit further down the alley. It didn't take him long to spot his target, the black pegasus stallion was hard to miss, especially in this light.
    "Dave! (Yo!)" He called, hoping to get the pegasus' attention, "You Midnight?"

Since Dave is a weird one who often replaces various words with his own name, I thought it best to immediately translate any word he replaces in a brackets and italics.

10. Blaze_Midnight

Yea Blight is still a cub. About 13 weeks old

Cascade chuckled. Spirit however wanted to play some more. She jumped over Cascade and took the other side of Blight's chew toy in her mouth and began to use it for tug of war. Spirit hadn't won a game yet, and she was determined to keep trying.

"Yes they are both a handful, but they're fine. With the offer of a play robot for Blight. I'd rather keep him with just basic toys. Hopefully once we find his pack again, he'll have some of the skills he would have got naturally and mingle with his kind again. Thank you anyway."

Cascade remembered something.

"Weren't you looking for something before? You seemed a little lost or confused."

Midnight was stood overlooking on a nearby rooftop and watching as Blight and Spirit were found and told off.

"Those two are a hoofful at times. I'm glad they can keep each other company and keep us awake."

"Dave!"

A shout from down low drew Midnight's attention. Looking down he saw a Butterscotch coloured stallion looking up at him.

"Erm... Hi. Can I help you?"

11. Privet

Privet Pony

"ah yes, i'm working on a special project that may aid anypony who is not a unicorn but I need some specific parts. I have little knowledge of this town, having grown up in Canterlot, if you could give me some directions, that would be great." Privet watched the epic tug of war taking place near him. "i'm sure you are too busy to show me yourself hah"

12. Sir Dave of Dave

Dave smirked, "I hear your Dave (sister) is the one who gave that weirdo priestess a dragon. You reckon I can get in on that action?"

Yes, Dave really is dumb enough to think this will work

Blaze_Midnight likes this.
  13. Blaze_Midnight

"Hmmm I have a rough idea of where to find such a place. Erm.. One moment"

Cascade waved in Midnight's direction to try and get his attention. Meanwhile Midnight was slightly amused yet confused by the request from the pony below.

"My dave??... oh wait.. you mean my sister. Yea sadly I can't see that happening. She was only left an egg by Moonlight because Moonlight wanted to help someone with their fear of dragons. I could ask her if she has any other less destructive options though. I'm sure something could be found for you."

A small fire ball made its way over and just skimmed the top of Midnights mane, the smell of lightly smoldering hair wasn't the most pleasant thing. Midnight shook his head violently and looked up to see Cascade pointing a claw at him and then pointing at the youngsters who were still playing.

#13 Blaze_Midnight, 11 March 2016
    Last edited: 11 March 2016
  14. Sir Dave of Dave

"Dave.([insert preferred curse hear])" Dave cursed, under his breath. "Oh well, you don't get what you don't Dave (ask) for, right?"
    Dave looked up to Midnight to see a small fireball fly over his head, lightly singing his mane, he then looked traced the fireball back to where it came from to see a somewhat upset looking Cascade pointing at the wolf and the young'un
    "Daaaaaave (Damn Daniel*)."

Yes, I used that horrible meme because it best expressed the feeling

15. Blaze_Midnight

Midnight decided to see what the fuss was about. Lately Cascade had been slightly irritable, but aside from the usual with Spirit and Blight. There wasn't any noticeable problems. Shrugging it off he looked back at Dave.

"It's ok. Cascade's just a little annoyed at something. Please let me know if you want me to see what Moonlight can do about giving you a friend. I'll be just over there."

Midnight flapped his wings and got himself airborne.

#15 Blaze_Midnight, 11 March 2016
    Last edited: 12 March 2016
  16. Privet

Privet Pony

Who is dave, spirit, cascade and blight? just so i know what is going on

17. Mista Squishy

Mista Squishy (ThatSquishyGuy)

Special Brew had been spending his past few weeks at his Ponyville Inn named "The Everfree Trough" and as usual was helping his employees and inspecting how well the inn was doing for business.

The stallion was up on his hind hoofs and leaning against the doorway of the Inn's entrance, looking out on the blissfully busy late morning market square as he hoof-dried a tankard with a Dish cloth.

"Hey Boss?" One of his bar staff called over. "Eye lad?" The aged stallion replied. "We're outta lemons fer the cocktails." The young colt replied with his Country accent. "ner problem, here, catch." Brew threw the Dried Tankard over to the staff member who promptly caught it. "I'll head over an' get some lad. get the place ready for service, we're opening once I've got em." He ordered with a relaxed and trusting tone.

Special Brew flicked the cloth over and onto his shoulder as he got onto all fours and walked into the market in search for some lemons.

18. Privet

Privet Pony

"well i will need some rather specific parts, a volunteer and spell similar to what keeps the propeller on RDs pet Tank spinning. if it works, everyone without a horn will find it much easier to handle things" (in his head) 'I doubt someone has such small cogs and plastic bars to work with'

19. Blaze_Midnight

Cascade looked towards Midnight, who was just getting himself airborne.

He's taking his time again... I wonder who he's talking to?

"Hmmm"

2 different sounding growls from tug of war drew her attention slightly as she thought about what to do. Both Blight and Spirit really get into their tug of wars when they are in the mood. Looking back towards the pony before her she got a little more of an idea.

"Ok.. there are a couple of options we could try... Might end up with us exploring around a little though."

Midnight glided to Cascades side an came to a stop beside her.

"Hi Cas.. What's wrong?"

"Hi Midnight... I need you to try and look after Blight and Spirit for a while, just till I've helped this stallion find the place he was looking for."

"Ah ok... this could be interesting"

More growling from nearby caused Midnight to laugh as he saw the fight continue.

"So you have an idea of where to take him then?"

"I think so... Though while I think about it, there might be the 'backup' we could go to"

"Makes sense. I'm sure he won't mind seeing someone new and giving them a helping hoof"

20. Privet

Privet Pony

"OK lead the way" (thinking to himself) I knew Ponyville was energetic but I never imagined it to be this.... interesting