1. Found a G1/G2/G3 Merch discussion in this area? Let us know so we can move it to the right forum - "Report" the thread to flag it to a member of staff.
  2. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

My Little Pony: FiM Magazine.

Discussion in 'Friendship is Magic - Merch & Toys' started by Leon K Fox, 1 February 2012.

1. Leon K Fox

Leon K Fox Your resident horse!

I was shopping with my nan and mum at Morrison's yesterday (both of whom know I'm a Brony, my mum sort of just found out, and my nan was with me when I first bought the pasta with Applejack on the tin.) I went to the magazines isle to buy my nan a TV guide as we always do, and then I lay my eyes on the magazine, it's the first time I've ever seen an MLP dedicated magazine, previously it's only been cameos in magazines like Sparkle World which have stuff I don't want to spend money on inside.

I have no idea what compelled me to buy it (as these magazines are aimed at the youngest of little kids, the show's appeal may span the entire family, but I'm strictly talking about this magazine here.) But I did, I asked nan to hold onto it in her wheelchair so it was a tad less awkward until I could get it into the the trolley, and after we're done I look at it when I get back to my nan's. I didn't do any of the activities inside (as that's a step too far even for my inner child) but I enjoy looking through it a lot...this show has definitley done things to me xD

I can't tell if this is the first issue or not, but somehow I get a feeling that it isn't. Anypony else buy this magazine on here?

Attached Files:

Pawn Heart likes this.
  2. Alteran

Alteran Scissors + Running = Ouch

Nope, but I would certainly pay good money to see a magazine directed towards Bronies in particular. Hasbro know we're out there, and releasing the episodes to iTunes was definitely the first step in allowing us to support the show, but as far as other merchandise is concerned, it looks like they're not quite sure what to do. EQD is the best we've got right now.

DerpyWhooves and WinterMoon like this.
  3. Leon K Fox

Are there really enough Bronies out there who would buy an FiM magazine when they could just as easily check Equestria Daily though?

4. Denegoth

Denegoth Honorary Pony

Bobby.p totes brought that guitar into college today. We were going to do some funky street performing (I had my Rainbow Dash hat and everything) but we ended up not following through with that idea.

Also, I think it's issue 3 if I remember right.

5. Leon K Fox

I'd wager the guitar...well, probably isn't very ideal for street performing, I've not gotten it out of the bag, but I'm told the strings snap stupidly easily xD *Note* I realize you don't mean serious performing, but even for that I mean =P

And it's issue 3? Hope there's a way of obtaining issues 1 and 2 somehow.

6. Skittys

Skittys Permanently Banned

I can tell you now that one of our staff members bought the mag when I was with them.

7. Little Emerald

Little Emerald Currently addicted to: Monster Hunter

I think it's about issue 4 now. The first one came with a Twilight Sparkle toy mobile phone, the second had a Pinkie Pie stationery set, the third had a Twilight Sparkle hairband, and then it's this one. Unless I'm forgetting any others.

I have the Pinkie Pie stationery set and the guitar, but I hate the magazine as there's so many mistakes. Personal favorite was in one of them they called Winona Jackaroo.

8. rotation

rotation Slower than Fernando

Well gutted to have missed that.

Leon K Fox, Pawn Heart and Mangoyle like this.
  9. Leon K Fox

I went on Ebay to see if anyone was selling the previous 3 issues, but the only one on there is Issue 4 >.< Bloody annoying, to say the least.

10. Dax

Dax The Great and Powerful Daxie

Yeah I 'm buying them, but they are very expensive - nearly 4 quid! I am keeping a set pristine as collectors items for the future and then I have one to colour match clothes and accessories when out shopping.
    I can just play the theme from the Third Man on that plastic guitar...

11. Wordwind

Wordwind Semiotic Sheriff

I picked up issue 3, it had a sort of camera thing in it - I'll bring it along, though it's obviously a wee bit lame.

I love the little guitar, though - if you play it right it is the CREEPIEST THING YOU WILL EVER HEAR

Aethelberdia and SweetSparkle like this.
  12. Leon K Fox

I'm actually kind of curious to hear it now xD Dunno if I'd try it on mine though, I'm told the strings snap stupidly easily, as one would expect from a cheap magazine throw in toy.

13. Little Emerald

Oh yeah, that's right. The hairbands came with it, right?

14. Denegoth

Denegoth Honorary Pony

SOMEBODY BRING THESE HAIRBANDS TO THE MEET SO I CAN DO MY HAIR ALL ZANY-LIKE!

15. Little Emerald

Oh here we go. Someone followed me on Tumblr and they have images for each issue. If you're on here, speak up!

Issue 1
    [​IMG]
    THAT'S where I saw the hairband!

Issue 2
    [​IMG]
    LOVE IT! Still haven't opened it though.

Issue 3
    [​IMG]

Oh, they don't have the Celestia banjo yet.

DerpyWhooves likes this.
  16. Leon K Fox

I want them so badly :( Hope somepony puts them up on Ebay at some point.

17. Denegoth

Denegoth Honorary Pony

Awww, no hairbands :(

18. HappyGoLuckyPone

HappyGoLuckyPone Shocked and appalled!

I bought that same mag with the toy guitar last time I was at Tescos for the Giggles, I havent even unwrapped it.
    Glad to hear Im not the only deranged lunatic to buy 1

It would be so cool to see a mag directed at Bronies, theres enough regulary produced fan material and news to fill a monthly mag but I very much doubt it would ever happen.

I love sylveon. and Dax like this.
  19. tinrobo

tinrobo Well-Known Pony

I love the guitar, I usually ignore the magazine but the guitar was too cool to pass up! I wish I could modify it to be a properly tuned ukulele but I can barely play let alone make that :<

20. bobby.p

bobby.p #StayBased #MostWanted

i think that may be my tumblr, need to put up the issue 4 pic