1. Found a G1/G2/G3 Merch discussion in this area? Let us know so we can move it to the right forum - "Report" the thread to flag it to a member of staff.
  2. Due to spambots misusing the Conversation system, some emails from us may get marked as "spam". Please check your spam or junk folders and don't forget to mark them as "Not Spam". Thanks!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

My Little Pony: FiM Magazine.

Discussion in 'Friendship is Magic - Merch & Toys' started by Leon K Fox, 1 February 2012.

1. moody magpie

moody magpie One shall stand, one shall fall.

New issue time! This time the free gifts are a pencil with a rainbow pom pom, a mystery gift and a Sliver stream in seapony form figure.

2. Cloudane

Cloudane Element of Mostly Excessive Verbosity

I was just actually pondering recently whether we'll see one soon with "final issue" stamped on it and then a possible rebrand to a G5 one

I don't tend to get the mag now, but would get the last for posterity :3

DerpyWhooves and Blissful690 like this.
  3. moody magpie

Ok we have a new issue on town and this time the free gifts are a secret box with key and padlock and a Trixie figure with a removable hat and cape.

Oilyvalves likes this.
  4. Cloudane

Cloudane Element of Mostly Excessive Verbosity

Ah Trixie, the one figure where you want to be "the newsagent" just so that if someone says she's missing you can make the dad joke about her doing a disappearing act :)

5. moody magpie

New issue item, this time the free gifts are a mystery pony figure and some glow in the dark stickers.

6. Pink Pony

Pink Pony Well-Known Pony

How did I miss this one? D: I have a Trixie, but she didn't come with a hat or cape... (though she wasn't technically new, either)
    I don't suppose anyone had a spare set of clothes for my Great and Powerful nudist? >>

7. DerpyWhooves

DerpyWhooves Rainbow Worrier

Current issue has a Rarity figure with gems to stick on and another chance to get the Trixie figure. I’ve looked at the back of the magazine and can’t find the date of the next issue anywhere. Does that mean this is the final issue?

[​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. DerpyWhooves

Current issue has a Rarity figure with gems to stick on and another chance to get the Trixie figure. I’ve looked at the back of the magazine and can’t find the date of the next issue anywhere. Does that mean this is the final issue?

[​IMG]

9. Blissful690

Blissful690 Insert image of Starlight Glimmer here

Just got the first issue of 2020 today and I notice the magazine's now being published by Egmont, which, if I'm not mistaken, is the same publisher responsible for butchering G.M. Berrow's books in these parts.

10. DerpyWhooves

I was half right then - last issue with the old publisher. Any good free gifts?

11. Blissful690

The free gift this time around is a secret diary set.

DerpyWhooves likes this.
  12. Loganberry

Loganberry Element of Custard

You're mistaken, thankfully. The UK publisher is Orchard. Egmont is, unless I'm mistaken,the company that makes (or at least distributes) the cover gift figures. So that may be a sign we'll get more of those. :)

DerpyWhooves and Blissful690 like this.
  13. DerpyWhooves

Current issue has stickers and a dress-up Rarity figure.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

14. Pink Pony

Pink Pony Well-Known Pony

In case anyone is interested, that dress-up Rarity is the same mould as the original Rarity figure, except the hair is a much lighter (and cheaper-looking) purple, and her eyes are perhaps more show-accurate in design, but a lighter blue. In my opinion it wasn't worth getting an inferior version of something I already have.

Still looking for that cape-and-hat Trixie, but I can't find it anywhere :s

Loganberry and Oilyvalves like this.
  15. CuldeeFell

CuldeeFell Ponies Rock

I agree. I had a look at the new Rarity but I have the original and couldn't see anything in the new one to entice me. I didn't get the one with sunglasses either.

16. Loganberry

I feel the same as @CuldeeFell -- it's just not something I'm interested in paying a fiver for. Now, if they were to put a Big Mac figure on the cover...

17. Blissful690

I don't know how long it's been out for, but the latest issue, #122, comes with a free Starlight Glimmer book, entitled Starlight Glimmer and the Magical Secret, and 110 cute pony stickers.

Oilyvalves likes this.
  18. Loganberry

That book is the UK edition of Starlight Glimmer and the Secret Suite; it's one of the G. M. Berrow chapter books. Not a bad read, in the vein of most of the others Berrow wrote. Be careful, though: many of the chapter books have been edited from their original US versions and slightly dumbed down. I haven't seen the UK version of this one so I don't know whether that's the case here.

19. Oilyvalves

Oilyvalves Railway Pony

I saw a new mag issue in Sainsburys today. Comes with a “3-piece Fluttershy Playset”, which appears to be a Shy figure (possibly the same design as a previous one), a basket and an Angel bunny. Curiously, the basket and bunny seem to come in one of 2 different colour combinations.

7305A940-FF81-49D4-AC83-AD7F11CE1BBB.jpeg

I didn’t get it as the main figure wasn’t worth it for me, however others might be interested! @Loganberry for example? (you might be able to order it from somewhere online)

Loganberry and Blissful690 like this.
  20. Loganberry

These things do come up sometimes on eBay, so I'm sure I can get hold of it if... necessary. ;) That said, even for Fluttershy I'm not sure I'll bother for a figure that's "the same as before, but with a hat". If they stick Big Mac or Derpy on the cover, then I'll be (virtually or otherwise, depending when it is) rushing to the shops!

Oilyvalves likes this.