1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Found a G1/G2/G3 Merch discussion in this area? Let us know so we can move it to the right forum - "Report" the thread to flag it to a member of staff.
  3. Sign-Up →Hey there! Welcome to UK of Equestria!
    Getting involved is easy and free! Hit the sign-up button and fill in a quick form to get active on the site.

My Little Pony: Found items and bargain thread.

Discussion in 'Friendship is Magic - Merch & Toys' started by Ben1138, 14 July 2012.

Tags:
  1. Loganberry

Loganberry Element of Custard

Tesco Kidderminster has really expanded its movie-based line. The shop had the set that mlpbronypony posted above (note that it's a Tesco exclusive!) and several others. The top three here are all Tesco exclusives -- it's looking as though this chain will be the major supermarket outlet for movie stuff. The set at the top is the same size as the earlier Power Ponies six-pack.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Bexy164 and mlpbronypony like this.
  2. Bexy164

Bexy164 Sand Guardian and Team Rocket member

T. K. Maxx have the Cheese Sandwich GoH cannon figure for under a tenner (can't remember the actual price, sorry)

3. Cendaquenta

Cendaquenta Honorary Pony

The Entertainer just sent out an email advertising an online-only "Mega Weekend" - up to 75% off various brands including My Little Pony.

DerpyWhooves and Bexy164 like this.
  4. mlpbronypony

mlpbronypony Honorary Pony

Found these in B&M
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bexy164 and Wonderbolt like this.
  5. Loganberry

Tesco Extra in Stourbridge has the same Mystery Minis as the Kidderminster branch, and likewise incorrectly shelf-labelled as movie merch. £4.95 each.

Also in Tesco Extra, a fairly substantial number of Funko Pops, but only Rainbow, Fluttershy and Twilight. £10 each.

Bexy164 and DerpyWhooves like this.
  6. Osakadragon

Osakadragon Recognised Pony

Is there any listing of funko weights so I know which one I'll get?

7. Loganberry

I haven't seen one. I think the Luna, Celestia and Cadance are likely to weigh the same anyway, so total certainty is probably impossible.

DerpyWhooves likes this.
  8. moody magpie

moody magpie One shall stand, one shall fall.

20170911_093501.jpg My local Poundland has MLP bath and shower gel to go with the hoofwash they sell. They also have MLP advent calendars (which is far too early in option!) Which I couldn't get a photo of due to be being at the checkout and queue was busy, but it did have movie style Twilight, Dash and Pinkie on it.

9. mlpbronypony

The body wash is in home bargains for a £1 too and the hoof wash is in B&M for £1 (the hoof wash is not in all poundlands!)

10. Loganberry

Mystery Eggs! I'm not sure what these are called officially, as the packaging and the leaflet with them just call them "3D Figurines". They're sold out of vending machines -- the sort that sell toys for several different properties from separate compartments. I've so far seen the pony ones at Toys R Us and The Entertainer, but I wouldn't be surprised if they popped up elsewhere too.

I found mine at Merry Hill, where both TRU and The Entertainer have the machines. You put a £1 coin (new version only) in the slot, twist it right round and out comes a plastic egg with a toy inside. You can't pick and choose in any way which one you get, so no blind bag-style sifting is possible! They're a little smaller than blind bags, but not tiny.

They seem to be distributed by an Italian company called FIAM. The range consists of the Mane Six only, but for a quid I'm quite pleased with the quality; I'd say they were about as good as blind bags on that score, and I haven't noticed any major errors -- all six ponies get individual moulds, for a start. Cutie marks are one-sided, as they are with most official merch. Also, Applejack has her hat! :eek:

The first picture below shows two unopened eggs. As their colours indicate, the left-hand one had Rarity inside and the right-hand one had Rainbow Dash. The second picture shows the egg Rarity alongside a blind bag Fluttershy for scale. It'll be interesting to see whether these things sell well enough for FIAM to continue with, as there's obvious scope for more series in the future.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    (Egg Rarity on left; Blind Bag Fluttershy on right for scale.)

#4270 Loganberry, 11 September 2017
    Last edited: 11 September 2017
  11. Cendaquenta

Cendaquenta Honorary Pony

They look quite a bit like the Kinder Egg figures.

12. DerpyWhooves

DerpyWhooves Rainbow Worrier

Where did you find those?

13. Loganberry

Slightly better quality, I'd say, and you don't have to put them together yourself. Also, no EqG figures. But yes, I did think about those when I first saw them.
    Toys R Us, Merry Hill -- in the little lobby on the way out. The machine at the entrance to The Entertainer there also had them. Added the info to the post now. :)

DerpyWhooves likes this.
  14. mlpbronypony

Found these in B&M

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Bexy164 likes this.
  15. Golden Star

Golden Star Formerly ChrisDilke

Found in Home Bargains today:
    Electric toothbrushes for £1.79 - choice between Twilight or Rainbow Dash
    Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy Wonderbolt brushables - I didn't get a price for these as they were literally just unboxing and putting them on shelves when I was there.

DerpyWhooves and Bexy164 like this.
  16. nerdowl

nerdowl Dr Who & MLP Fangirl

17. Loganberry

Kinnerton advent calendars have appeared in Poundland. They're not actually movie-branded, but the character designs are very clearly in the movie style. I'm normally iffy about Christmas stuff coming out so early, but in this case it's nice to see movie-related merch around.

[​IMG]

18. mlpbronypony

Found this in Tesco this morning :)[​IMG]

19. Osakadragon

Osakadragon Recognised Pony

In the fulham sainsburys, I saw sea ponys, sea babies and thoses capsule ponys that loganberry mention but weirdly the machine only took old pound coins as when I tried it with new one it wouldn't turn. Also of note it seems like the capsule are colour coded as I got a blue one and rainbow was in it, couldn't see any orange ones, it's very much like gashapons.

Loganberry and DerpyWhooves like this.
  20. Loganberry

They'll have to upgrade that machine very fast -- old pound coins will be history in under a month!

Yes, they're colour-coded. The Applejack ones can look yellow from some angles, though, so they can be confused with Fluttershy capsules.